Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Not bothering with this one now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2010 12:30:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2010 12:31:21 PM PST
Well I just found out that C&C 4 is going to require a constant internet connection even for the single player.
Sadly I will no longer be buying.
I have no interest in multiplayer gaming, so I shouldn't be required to have internet to play a single player game, or so that they can spy on what I'm doing.
What next, "Oh you can't use that cheat code or trainer in your single player game, because that changes it."
Screw them I'm done.
Hopefully starcraft 2 won't have this crap.

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 6:28:08 AM PST
That and you KNOW it's gonna have SecuROM installed. Will probably be a newer version that can NEVER be removed. This really pisses me off as I love the C&C series and it hurts to see it get ran in the ground. Oh well, I'm with ya on this.

Posted on Mar 4, 2010 8:05:31 AM PST
Can you give more details, will Steam be needed to make the game work, even with the retail box?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2010 5:34:15 PM PST
Just google Command and Conquer 4 and drm

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2010 10:01:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2010 10:03:20 AM PST
NeuroSplicer says:
And one can bet dollars to donuts that game will be cracked or ripped or whatever the very first day of its release. If not before.

It is such idiotic DRM schemes that push gamers to piracy. And it is such insulting choices made by the idiots on the helm of the PC gaming business that keep gamers ...seeding forever.

A great number of PC gamers knew nothing about Torrents and cracks before BIOSHOCK, MASS EFFECT, SPORE and CRYSIS. They do place their PCs in danger by exposing them to software downloaded from illegal sites and criminal characters, but they see it as the lesser of two evils.

When gamers are willing to trust more such shady characters than many legitimate gaming publishers, you just know that the executives of the later managed a FUBAR of epic proportions!

EPIC FAIL EA!

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 4:39:02 PM PST
J. Cammack says:
I didn't buy C&C RA3 because of the SecuRom and DRM crap and I am sure they will insist on pulling the same crap with this one. When are they going to learn? No wonder I have pretty much given up on PC gaming. I have to settle with the weaker system of Xbox 360. It was a sad day indeed when I decided I was not going to buy C&C RA3, what a ruined franchise because of corporate stupidity. People have said that SecuRom and DRM aren't that bad, but I really don't want anymore crap I have no control over going into my PC. I was a fan from the first C&C until I found out how my computer was no longer mine. Thanks EA for saving me money.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2010 6:43:33 AM PDT
Well another product I will not buy. Internet required to play solo = no sale for me, install limitations = no sale for me.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 11:46:23 AM PDT
I have bought all of the CC series but agree with others that the last game apart from being rubbish! has too many restrictions to be worth the bother. What a sad day for this once great series......
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - PC
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
1.5 out of 5 stars (346)