Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2011 12:11:14 PM PDT
Grimes says:
I'm not convinced that this game is worth the $59.99. I am a fan of the zombie genre but from what I have seen, I do not think the gameplay offered is worth more than $40 at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2011 2:13:00 PM PDT
Gamer4Life says:
So you make this judgment from only a simple 5min demo. Wowi wonder how many good games u have missed just by going by what u seen in a demo. From what i heard the skill tree system gives u full control on the way u kill zombies and explore the island. I for 1 think this will blow all other zombie games out of the atmosphere.i feel sorry for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 6:24:10 AM PDT
I don't think that's that out of the question. I don't think OP is saying that he wouldn't change his mind if shown something cool from the game. Five minutes of gameplay isn't actually all that much in a game where there's more than one way to play.

Now, a lot of the previews for this game say that it essentially takes a lot of the good parts of the current popular zombie games. Which sounds promising. But I do agree that I don't think I've seen anything that would make me want to buy it new. But I'll wait for the reviews before I decide.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 2:54:32 PM PDT
Grimes says:
I would buy it but they're being very stingy with details. It doesn't seem like the game play is thought out enough or that the story is lengthy enough to justify the price.

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 2:48:00 AM PDT
Pfft. I had this preordered from day one and all it's done is looked
Better and Better! I love the hand to hand style gameplay and less guns for once.
admittedly it has a whole lot of dead rising's mod table ideas but I'm good with that.
I Prefer First Person over third. and this will deliver in spades. I think this will be the sleeper hit of the year. no one was really excited when borderlands was first shown then it came out and is a big hit. this will be too. 4 player co-op driving elements (also in first person) and lots of zombie killing action with unique weapons! sounds great to me!

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 7:11:48 PM PDT
Otolap says:
Newegg has it for $47.99 [Check price in cart]

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 6:29:15 AM PDT
I actually have to agree with you Grimes. While this looks interesting, I doubt I would pay $60 to get this one.

Of course, I'm only going off of the screenshots and short trailers that I've seen so far. I'm going to check up on the PSN to see this demo you guys have been talking about, but I still doubt it will be worth the full $60.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 3:52:51 PM PDT
Anarchy 99 says:
Sweet thanks for the info on the $47.99 price.

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 6:41:33 AM PDT
I hope Dead Island wont be like Dead Rising, Because Dead Rising was so repetitive and boring. If You ever played Dead Rising then you know what I mean,go to Otis, take your mission, survive the survivors, then bring them to the room then again go back to Otis......

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 6:11:17 AM PDT
I typically feel co-op games are worth the $60 cause if someone gets the game later down the line you can play back through with them. This one does essentially look like Borderlands meets Left 4 Dead meets Dead Rising. It has more RPG-esque elements like Borderlands. I'm hoping for a demo but I've got hopes this game will be good. If not I'll just skip it since I'm buying so many games already this fall.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 8:47:28 PM PDT
On the new episode of PS3's Qore they have a pretty nice walk through. I was really waiting to see more of this game and I think that show convinced me. It looks like Fallout but with zombies. I could get into that. I was worried about the focus on mêlée, but I was awesome at mêlée on Fallout. I didn't realize there was RPG leveling up, either. Yeah, I'll be buying this pretty early if reviews aren't horrible.

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 7:29:38 AM PDT
Dr. D says:
When it comes out, I'll check IGN's and Gamespot's review. Metacritic is a great review site, too. If Metacritic gives this game above an 85, I'd say it's worthy of a purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 8:48:00 AM PDT
I don't think you understand how metacritic works. Its based on many reviews and the average is what is shown. It removes the majority of (we were paid enough for a 9 out of 10 and the we were not paid anything so it sucks by default reviews) influence from crap reviews like you would find at IGN or Gamespot.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 11:51:07 AM PDT
Mmmeningitis says:
3 days before the game comes out you will be able to see they always do reviews earlier than release.

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 12:50:13 AM PDT
If they had anything to brag about they would be showing it off. Have they been? No. The gameplay and trailers are all awful (minus the cinematic one, which even I could make if you gave me lots of time.) Look at Rage, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and just about every other good game coming out. They are showing a lot of great content without spoiling anything. They are assuring us that purchasing their games will be worth our money, because with this economy and this many games coming out gamers can't just purchase every good-looking title. And Dead Island has not proven to me that it is worth $60 or even $40. It's funny, my friend pre-ordered Duke Nukem. I told him it wasn't going to be good, but he stuck with it. And it wasn't good. Now he's doing the same with this game. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 4:37:06 AM PDT
I liked duke nukem. It is possible that dead island could be horrible. I am fairly certain it will be a good game.

Sorry to hear you have budget issues. I've bought pretty much all the big releases for several years and that dies result in some crap; but how about we wait until the game is out before passing final judgement. As long as this game has been delayed it stands a much better chance of being really great.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 9:47:49 AM PDT
Dr. D says:
Duke Nukem did get pretty poor reviews, both from the critics and the customer reviews on Amazon. If Dead Island has that same trend, then I'm definitely not buying it. (This is why I never pre-order a game unless it's part of a series that I'm a die-hard fan of.)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Island - Playstation 3
Dead Island - Playstation 3 by Deep Silver (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (292)