Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2010 9:52:49 PM PDT
Peter G says:
Ordered from Joes website. received earlier this week. Not really excited about this. Big fan of Joe. A couple times listening I actually laughed out loud at Glenns voice thinking ' you gotta be kidding me, is he serious. Stick with the bluesy sound Joe.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 5:52:25 AM PDT
Infiltrator says:
I received this a couple days before the release as well from the BCC website, and I have to disagree. I guess not everyone is a fan of Glenn Hughes, but he has always sounded like this, even 40 years ago in Trapeze! Personally, I like his vocal style. It is similar to Ian Gillan, John Lawton, and Joe Lynn Turner. The band lineup is great in my opinion.

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 8:38:21 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Not the biggest fan of Hughes but he's screaming less or at least toned down since his Purple days. This is a good album.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 7:17:52 PM PDT
T. LeBaron says:
Have sampled several of the tracks from the first Black Country Communion , and I have to ask some of you people...could You do better than this??? What's not to like here? I can't wait to check out the second one after hearing the first...this is some incredible stuff. If you don't like the idea of bonamassa stretching out past his usual territory, then you don't have any idea what it is to be a musician with the interest in growing and maturing. This is what that's all about right here. A real musician is one who knows what he's best at but at the same time can do other things and do them well. If you don't understand that, and you think musicians should just stick to what got them noticed to begin with, then don't complain five albums from now that your favorite band is a one-trick pony. It's called growing and progressing...and having a good time doing it.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 8:09:16 PM PDT
After I saw Joe on KPBS in his Albert Hall concert, I was hooked. What a disappointment to then see him in person with Black Country Communion. Why would you want anyone other than Joe to sing all the lead lyrics and play all the lead guitar solos? I was very disappointed that he was just a background player and background vocalist, because I think he is THE BEST, and his Albert Hall show demonstrated that. How will I know in the future what CD's or videos to buy and what concerts to attend that will actually have Joe as the star instead of all these other mediocre folks taking over the spotlight? Very disappointing.

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 9:37:07 PM PDT
Working Man says:
It's been two years and now two albums and yes Glen Hughes is still a little tough to take sometime but I love this band. I am a big fan of Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Free and this band is right in that same vein. Great 70's sounding hard rock band. I cannot wait for the next album coming out in October.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 11:31:44 AM PST
THARN says:
so true- but it's difficult for some blues enthusiasts to branch out- they carry a chip on their shoulder as much as jazz whores.
:) It's when a musician steeped in one genre moves into another that creativity happens.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Black Country Communion [CD/DVD Combo]
Black Country Communion [CD/DVD Combo] by Black Country Communion (Audio CD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars (150)