Note - there seem to be no split screen mode.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2010 10:39:14 PM PDT
I was eyeing this game as for some reason (I guess that were misleading trailers) I believed it actually had a split screen mode. Nope. So I canceled my preorder.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 3:16:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 10:58:58 AM PDT
huggyhomer says:
Yeah, i am not sure that i can confirm that statement, but it is a sad fact that more and more games are now focusing on online multi player. Although i do not believe the last couple Need for Speed games had split screen multi player anyway.

Also ign.com had an article recently, saying that Call of Duty: Black Ops is going to have online multi player split screen. This, in my opinion, is an awesome addition that hasn't been included in a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 3.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 7:16:38 AM PDT
I loved the old NFS HP. If this one had split-screen it would move from a "buy when cheaper" to buy right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2010 11:00:56 AM PDT
huggyhomer says:
@ Daniel L. Bateman

You should play the demo. I thought it would be a "buy when cheaper", but after I played the demo I was reminded what a good Need For Speed game is supposed to be like. That said, i pre-ordered it the night after playing the demo.

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 5:54:08 PM PDT
J. Godding says:
yep, thought this game would be great for 2 player split screen races like i used to enjoy so much on the old hot pursuit games. Just found out it won't be a feature so not a buyer for me. Shame as the demo shows potential

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 5:54:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2010 5:54:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 6:21:18 PM PDT
JG says:
Yeah, me too. I'm not buying this game cause of the lack of Split screen. I can't believe games like COD and RE5 have local multiplayer and a racing game doesn't. So, I'm going to wait till the next racing game that features local multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2010 6:30:44 PM PST
DisplacedMic says:
that is exactly what i did. and i can count on one hand the video games that i bought "full price" the day they came out. and all of those games start with Half Life.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 8:10:57 AM PST
Jay Z says:
it's a real scandal that we cannot play on a split screen offline multiplayer...

I was going to buy it but I just wanted to buy it in order to play with my friends... now that i can only do this online (and i dont care about playing online with some guys that trained during 400 hours) so I will definately NOT BUY this game.

It's exactly the same with Burnout Paradise !!!
I thought they canceled multiplayer in Burnout Paradise because it came out when PS3 / Xbox 360 were new but now they really have no excuses.

Even the NES had offline multriplayer !!! And it was 20 years ago..

BS

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 7:56:22 AM PST
The lack of split screen is the deal breaker for me. Will not buy. All I've wanted since NFS Hot Pursuit on PS2 was an update to that game. Better graphics, more tracks, some more cars. Leave everything else as is, and yet they continue to dissappoint me with every NFS title since.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 8:07:41 AM PST
DisplacedMic says:
yeah, that's a bummer.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 5:31:27 PM PST
Seriously how is it that "the most advanced gaming system" ie 3rd generation system and it does not have local multiplayer!!! serious BS!! I am so mad I realy wanted to enjoy some old school family fun but now I cant :( I will not buy this game.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 2:33:11 PM PST
Ariel Kuanda says:
wow the only reason i was going to get this game for my husband was cause we wanted to try and catch eachother very dissapointed

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 6:11:44 AM PST
Same here. No 2-player kills the deal for me. That was the best part NFS:HP gamecube - playing against my daughter. We would spend countless hours together competing. Now that we have the incredible PS3 graphics I was excited to upgrade and re-live the experience. What a let down.

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 12:04:41 PM PST
Benpachi says:
The lack of offline 2 player definitely bothers me, that was all the fun of the original Hot Pursuit. I still want to get the game because the single player seems great and I'm sure online is a blast, it just kills me that I won't be able to play this with my brother or friends when they come over. Hopefully EA listens and patches the game at some point.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 9:53:26 PM PST
Yung says:
i doubt that split screen is something that devs. can "patch"
it must have been left out for a reason...better be a good one

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 6:06:54 AM PST
David Olczak says:
I was fully prepared to purchase this game also until I found out about the lack of multiplayer offline. Seriously though the game is called "Hot Pursuit" practically insisting that the cops and robber structure would be a sure fire multiplayer game. Luckily I was at the video game store when I realized this all too common problem with modern racing games so I just picked up the Blur by Activision. If you are looking for a good racing game you can play with your friends and family (within the same room) then Blur might be more attractive to you.

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 1:07:57 AM PST
im really sure that i saw the specification for a four screen multiplayer mode the day i buy it the game im really disapointed

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 6:16:35 AM PST
How do you make a racing game in 2011 with no split screen capability?
And I find out there's no manual shifting and no replay?
This game is so awesome, I was about to tell all my friends to get it, but there's too much missing to be called a complete racing game. shame cause it's alot of fun single player
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Playstation 3
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (470)