Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM
Will this work on my HP Envy 17 Notebook? It has a intel core i7 cpu q720@1.60ghz. Found out overheating is a major complaint
asked by Bruce Lee on November 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
No
Daniel V. Ruzhitsky answered on November 12, 2012
Comments (2) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I hope you're trolling.
Mr Cavooter answered on November 30, 2012
Comment | 13 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Certainly. Of course, you may experience some issues fitting it into the case as well as possibly having to make a custom mount to hold it to the motherboard. If you succeed at that, though, it should definitely do its job of pulling away the heat from the processor.
(If the processor is mounted on the upper, keyboard side you'll probably also have to remove the keyboard and use an external one).
J. Lebeuf answered on May 11, 2013
Comment | 14 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
good freaking luck shoving this thing in a notebook. it is the size of one almost
Connor Moroney answered on January 16, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you cannot install after-market fan on notebook. Only desktop.
hjy answered on September 15, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Of course you can, just be prepare to cut a hole in the bottom of the laptop and have this massive cooler sticking out of it. Just be careful and don't put the laptop on your lap while naked, because you would probably get circumcise.
LFGD1978 answered on December 1, 2013
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The solution that worked best for me was a laptop cooling pad. Many are available. I built mine myself using some extra case fans chosen for low noise levels.Copper was used (arranged like a mattress innerspring) for heat transfer from notebook to my cooling pad. Silent, light and cool. Easier to buy one - I was only trying to use up stuff in my leftover parts pile.
PKO answered on October 9, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product