Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 6, 2014
Despite the other bad reviews, I took the plunge and ordered this battery to replace the original that died in my laptop.
It was much much cheaper than buying directly from HP. Well, I suppose you get what you pay for. The battery worked a total of 2 weeks, then it wouldn't keep a charge. The company was good about giving me a refund for cost of product and original shipping after I shipped it back. However, I did have to pay the return shipping.
on October 11, 2014
An unexpected surprise! We needed this battery for our computer that was 4 years old and amazed that we found it here. The price was exceptional, compared to buying from retail and it's been working without problems for a few months now. A good buy for us.
on November 27, 2013
My sad laptop had been running for shorter and shorter periods of time. It's battery had seen it's final days.

Fortunately, with a quick part number search on Amazon, this bad boy popped up at a great price. The seller delivered it insanely fast, and now my laptop is ready to deliver 8 hours of internet LOLCats again. yay.
on January 28, 2015
Original purchase was the lowest price I could find. After following the direction regarding charging and calibration several times it was found the battery would not hold a charge. My original several year old battery is functioning fine; I just wanted another power source for use while being away from AC power. It took a few emails to the company to get a resolution. I had to ship the battery back, provide pictures of the shipping information and pay for the shipping up front. The company provided a new battery and eventually reimbursed the costs I expended. The replacement battery is working fine and holds a charge. The fit into the laptop is a little less precise than the original but it’s manageable. The problem may have been a manufacturing issue but the seller resolved the problem satisfactorily.
on December 20, 2014
I had an old, not very interesting HP G62 notebook laying around... thought I'd set it up as a general low-power server, which I figured would be no problem since it's a laptop (low power draw + built-in UPS) and I don't actually need much computing horsepower out of this system. So everything is great, except the OEM battery is kaput. This replacement had relatively good reviews, the price was right, and also in the past I've had no problems at all with aftermarket batteries for my Apple and Dell systems.

Unfortunately, I was wrong to generalize from my experiences. First problem: this battery is a terrible mechanical fit -- it takes a good solid smack to get it seated in the computer. Next: the laptop won't boot with the battery installed; it freezes at the POST screen (no errors... it just doesn't progress). Finally, if you boot the computer on AC without the battery and then put it in, it'll power the machine, but neither Windows nor Linux (Debian Testing) recognizes that the battery is even present, and I have no idea if it is charging. I guess I could test it and find out, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Maybe I just got a bad unit that slipped through QC, but seriously. It doesn't fit and it won't talk to the computer. I'm going to recommend just buying a genuine battery if you really need to keep your six year old low-end laptop on the road.
on December 5, 2014
It gets 2 stars for working properly, but it stopped working after it stopped working about a month after I got it. I found myself in the exact same boat I had been in before! I guess I'll buy the HP name brand battery next time.
on March 14, 2014
I have had this battery for one month and it no longer holds a charge at all. When I unplug my laptop there is no power at all.
on January 8, 2015
I charged the battery to 100% over night for a first charge. The next morning, I used my laptop on battery for about half an hour, to 86%. Suddenly I heard a loud popping noise and my laptop turned off. I immediately removed and checked the battery. There was no heat or damage done to the physical casing or my laptop. I tried turning my laptop on again and it wouldn't. I replaced this battery with my old, dying battery and the computer turned on fine. Placed this battery back in and it turned on again. I don't know what happened, but I will not continue using this product. It looks cheaply made and obviously has something very wrong with it, which can be extremely dangerous when dealing with Li-ion.

I recommend NOT buying this product.
on October 20, 2013
Bought two for our laptops. Both originals lasted around 3 years. Didn't want to spend a fortune to get through until it was time to get new laptops. Took a chance with these and so far it has paid off. Had for over a month and seem to be just fine. Beats having to plug in our laptops full time.
on December 2, 2014
I was very skeptical to purchase this battery but I am so glad that I finally did. I was in college when my battery gave out and I had to stay plugged in to be able to write notes and open up lessons. I purchased this battery and Immediately I was able to charge my laptop and take it anywhere. Battery time was over 5 hours with contact use and running plenty of programs at the same time. Very pleased with both product and price.