5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating Read for the Introspective, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
Any young man needs to do some soul searching before venturing off into the "real world." As humans we learn and grow along our journey. However, sometimes we need to remind ourselves how to get the most from life.

Vesna Bailey's book was originally intended as an inspirational guide for her own son. It equipped him with his mother's last minute words as he left for university. This gives the book deeply personal warmth, yet at the same time the advice is applicable to just about anyone.

The book is broken down into short passages. Sometimes the statements are sphinx-like, requiring the reader to do some introspection to draw a deeper meaning. Other times specific wisdom is imparted. For example, one section discusses showing respect for people with different views, even when you are heavily invested in an ideology.

Stunning black and white photography is used throughout to illustrate the lessons found inside or simply to inspire.

A genre of books seems to be replacing greeting cards. In my eyes, this is a positive trend since this sends a far more thoughtful statement to the recipient. If your son is gearing up for the big time, include this along with something practical he'll need in his travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait to give this book to my son!, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
I loved the book. It gave short simple words of advice that any mother would give her son as he leaves home. It also inspired me to make a personal one for my son too, using pictures if him throughout his life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must gift to give, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
I highly recommend the purchase of this book to be given from all mother's to their sons. The author is very gifted in putting into just the right words how mother's feel. It will touch your hearts. What a wonderful blessing the author has shared with other mothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
Gave this for Valentines after my son left for college in late January. He has commented that he liked it too!!! Unusual for my 19 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
Came in perfect condition. My son (just graduated college) and I read a few pages every night. We both love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy book, September 21, 2011
Dale Janus (Warren, Oh USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Notes To My Son Before You Go (Hardcover)
This book is short and sweet. It is rather poignant for us as we send our last child and only son off to college. Each page has simple yet strong advice and words of wisdom.

Notes To My Son Before You Go
Notes To My Son Before You Go by Vesna M. Bailey (Hardcover - October 20, 2007)
$24.95 $19.13
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies