5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing

3.0 out of 5 stars which is great since I didn't expect that
Published 2 months ago by Emmelia

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, September 24, 2008
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
I've recently fallen in love with this comic. It's completely hilarious, that is, as long as you get the jokes and don't take yourself too seriously to laugh at them. If you consider yourself a punker in the non-mtv sense, if you think scenesters are annoying, emo kids make you laugh and punch yourself at the same time, and if you find yourself aggravated with skin heads, straight edge kids, hipsters and ever other ridiculous scene out there in world today... this may just be for you. It's crude and cynical, and the humor is in understanding the allusions and references. If you find yourself nodding to what I've typed out here... well then just buy the book already would ya? If not, go rock out to which ever "pUnX" band hot topic is promoting this week.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the most hilarious thing you'll ever read!, September 26, 2008
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
What happens if you stick your foot into the middle of a circle pit? Answer: You will trip everyone like a set of dominoes! What if you went to a pizzeria and asked for some hot tea? Would you jump on the table & yell "ANARCHY!" when they say "No, we only have iced." And, most importantly, I must ask you the following question: What would Henry Rollins do?

ALL THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE CAN BE YOURS TO EXPLORE! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BUY THIS BOOK! On a more serious note, Mitch Clem is an excellent artist as well as an incredibly hilarious writer. You should buy this book immediately, seriously, and especially if you have a sense of humor towards punk music and punk culture, ETC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked funny, October 28, 2008
J. S. Kaczmarek "jskazzy" (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
This comic really brings back memories of growing up surrounded by punk kids. Too bad our exploits back then weren't nearly as funny as Mitch Clem's brilliant writing. The art is good too, in its own unique way, and Clem throws enough extras into the book to make it a must have for NN2S fans. If you're new to the material however, there's no better way to dive right in. This is a lovely assembled collection, and demonstrates one of my favorite things about NN2S - Clem doesn't write it on a schedule, so he only makes a comic when he comes up with a particularly funny and relevant idea. Thus, the entire comic is, in a sense, a 'best of' collection. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, May 24, 2009
C. Budde (Riverside, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
When I first received this book, i was put off by the small size of it. Lemme say, this thing is pretty small. But once i started reading it, I quickly forgot about the small size of the book, and instead was overcome by laughter. Granted, I am a giant fan of the webcomic coming in, but this book starts from the beginning so it is n00b friendly. Anyone who regards themselves as a fan of punk music, or rock music in general, needs to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something Nice To Say, November 23, 2008
Sasha Davila (Quincy, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
Nothing Nice To Say has always been a favorite web comic of mine. I bought this for a friend for his birthday and he was ecstatic. The book is well put together. A lovely intro of the characters - so that people who have never read the comics can jump right in. A must have for any punk rocker/indie rocker who enjoys a good laugh at the ridiculousness of people in this subculture... and have the ability to laugh at themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitch Clem: Man Among Lesser Men, November 28, 2008
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
This book is awesome and hilarious. Mitch is a supporter of the punk music scene with enough self-awareness to poke fun at how ridiculous it can be at times.

The best part about the book version of the comics is that the spelling errors have finally been corrected. FINALLY.

The Singable Songs Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars best punk comic ever? yes, October 11, 2008
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
i followed this comic online for years and years.
even when mitch said he would stop writing the series he never did.

that's what i think is so special...
and he also said he got lots of angry e-mails while doing the strip but i always thought the humor was great. and it even inspired my development as an artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars NN2S: all in one place, September 29, 2008
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
Though most of this is online, the commentary and B sides are well worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars which is great since I didn't expect that, December 20, 2014
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
Arrived quickly, which is great since I didn't expect that. However I've had the book for only a few days and already pages are falling out. I was reading it, set it down (in the way it is in the photo) and when I picked it up a chunk of pages fell right out. I guess I must have handled the book more roughly than I thought, since I hadn't been that rough with it at all. So, three stars due to quick delivery, my love of this series, and how quickly the book started to fall apart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book-- wishing I'd bought it new., October 21, 2014
This review is from: Nothing Nice To Say (Paperback)
Book was good, but binding was just barely holding on and completely fell apart in the space of a couple of weeks. Somewhere in the book there's a joke about making the book more punk by binding it with safety pins-- honestly not looking like such a bad idea at this point.

Nothing Nice To Say
Nothing Nice To Say by Mitch Clem (Paperback - October 7, 2008)
$9.95 $8.15