Noticed something interesting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2007 6:31:50 PM PDT
B. Gorman says:
Has anyone noticed that when Jack first sees Barbossa (in the third one, of course), the very man that he clearly shot dead, he doesn't, in any way seem surprised? No signs of even hidden shock, he simply says, "Ah, Hector, it's been a while".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2007 4:48:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2007 4:52:19 PM PDT
Liz says:
Uh...does Jack Sparrow EVER act normal?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2007 9:39:50 PM PDT
C. says:
one, that was meant to be funny, and two, at that point Jack thinks he's still hallucinating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 2:56:25 PM PST
Liz says:
Right.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2007 9:47:03 PM PST
And remember, when Barbossa says, "You shot me," Jack clearly disbelieves this and says, "No I didn't." ;)

Anybody else notice that every man Elizabeth Swann has kissed ended up dead? Sao Feng lived for only about 5 seconds after kissing her in this movie, Norrington for just a minute or two. Jack had a little more time than the others, though it probably didn't seem like it to him since he was working so frantically to get free before the kraken showed up.

Will must be made of hardier stuff than the other men, because he's kissed her at least once each film before he finally kicked it (seems the wedding kiss was the one that finally did him in), but he essentially died, too. :D

Lizzie must be considered a real Typhoid Mary by the rest of the Caribbean folk by now. Maybe that's why she was all alone on that hill at the end with no one in sight but her son...no one wants to live near her. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2007 11:42:50 AM PST
Jenya says:
Umm...at the end of the movie she's on that hill waiting for Will to return to land...this scene has nothing to do with other people

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2007 12:23:47 PM PST
A. Rose says:
My mistake for reading but I really wish you had said 'ending spoiler' at the begaining.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2008 4:15:52 PM PST
This is also a SPOILER, and not directly related to the topic, but I wanted to know what people thought, and since there was no commentary to confirm/deny my theory...
Did anyone else notice that the seven main surviving characters (Will, Elizabeth, Jack, Barbossa, Gibbs, Pintel and Ragetti) all ended up in roughly the same situation that they began the first movie in? Will and Elizabeth love each other, but are separated by their incongruent stations in life, Barbossa, Pintel and Ragetti have stolen the Black Pearl from Jack, who is seeking it and Gibbs is living it up (to the best of his ability) in Tortuga. Is this coincidence or bookending? What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2008 7:24:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2008 7:27:50 AM PST
DG says:
YES....because he doesn't think he's real.....just a dream or figment of his imagination....so why would he seem surprised. Lets face it he just got done watching rock crabs float the Black Pearl to the beach.

As far as him denying he shot Barbossa....it was a play on considering it was his halucination.....rather than get into an argument with Barbossa he'd just say no I didn't and move on to the next "Halucination"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 3:38:22 PM PDT
Obviousely Jack doesn't remember that he shot Barbosa at first and he's hallucinating. That's how it is in "Davy Jones Locker". Remember him hallucinating all those Jack sparrow's on the Black Pearl. Obviousely he's a little weird in the locker.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions