Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 25, 2012
I pre-ordered. I've told my friends that after investing 10 years of my life, and who knows how much $$ that I feel like I have to see this series through to the end....but at this point it's just painful.

I'm not even really sure Janet wrote this book, it felt more like a ghost writer. It pains me to say that because I LOVED this series in the beginning, but the last...say...half dozen have just been ... boring. No Sally Sweet, no big Grandma laughs, and the characters have not moved forward, not to mention....a 10 year old hamster....Rex didn't even have any good lines this time around.

Truth is, I'm neither Team Ranger nor Team Morelli. If either of them was "the one" she would have decided it by now. I'm all for cutting both of them loose and getting Stephanie back on the market...or having her focus on her career....that's where all the good laughs were anyway!

What finally tipped the scale for me? Digging him up and stuffing him in the trunk of the Buick, and demanding a body receipt for him? That's too gross to even contemplate.

It gives me pain to be so negative. I have a tremendous respect for Ms. Evanovich, and can only imagine how hurt she would be if she ever ventured out to read these reviews...but I think in her heart she must feel the same way because there was just so substance, no laughs, no movement. She must be tired of writing, and simply be fulfilling her contract. I think others would agree with me, we want some real happiness for Stephanie...and we want to read the passion in Janet's work again.

She really seems to have lost interest.
99 comments|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2012
I agree with others on the characters. JE has stunted Stephanie's development in particular. She doesn't even really speak. The first few books were fantastic. Now, I just want to yell" Grow up!" Don't waste your $$$.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I have recently become a fan of the Stephanie Plum series. Having been home for a week with a sick kid, it gave me a needed break from reality. I was so excited to have the release of the next book so close, and with a few cliff hanger opportunities in 18 I had high hopes for 19. I'm sad to be so disappointed with it. The usual funniness related to bond jumpers is there, so that's one good thing. But, the love triangle is more boring than ever in this installment. And the dialog is juvenile and not in keeping with the normal personalities of the main characters. If you're a fan of the series, by all means read it...just don't pay for it - borrow a copy from the library.
1010 comments|290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2012
I used to love these books. The last few have been awful. The whole love triangle thing is beyond stale, there is no way she would get insurance after this many car explosions, and the Lula and food fixation is tired. I will not read 20-- I only read 19 as it was a loan.
22 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I loved the beginning of the series. I'm totally bored with 16 thru 19. Been there, done that. Needs a significant change to lure me in to the next one. As one reviewer said, "seems like its been cut and pasted" lots.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
This series is dead in the water. Nothing ever changes, there is no growth-for characters or the plot. Same old same old, if you've read the previous 18 books, then you've read this one. The only difference is the name of the skips change. I'm DONE with this series and I can't believe I wasted my time and money on one more book. Stephanie's cars get blown up...again (big shocker), Stephanie is with Morelli and wants Ranger...as usual (big shocker), Lulu eats everything in sight and threatens to beat up anyone who calls her fat (big shocker). Stephanie is broke and runs home to eat at mommy and daddy's house, she can't catch any skips, and not even grandma Mazur made this book any better. This is the only series I read, where I started reading and was a huge fan and looked forward to new books being released and now I think it just needs to be done with. I won't waste anymore of my time or money on Stephanie Plum books.
5454 comments|466 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2012
When I first started this series I highly recommended it to friends. Some would wait patiently for me to finish my new hardcover copy, and I would lend it happily. Now I can't give them away. They've all given up on the series. I was the last hold out, but no more. I'm done. The fact that most people can read these last few in an about hour tell you that the quality is gone. Ugh, I feel like such a sucker for falling for one more.
0Comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
You can almost hear the blues music to this. The book starts off supposedly with a "Bang". But to me it has been there done that, I couldn't even care.
If you have been a devoted reader to this series, I would pass, or at the very least wait for paperback.
This doesn't feel like a spoiler b/c it is so cliche - but I suppose it could be.

Her car gets blown up in the first 10 pages, really????? Wow, that has never happened before. Then Ranger calls, and "Babe" like that hasn't become overused. I know it is in character, but they are not changing or growing.

I no longer feel tension when she is around the guys I just roll my eyes and wonder how magical could her girly bits be for these hot guys to put up with this? Her personality is not that great - she is her own caricature. I blame myself for buying it.

I returned it, I have read this before, and there is so much useless filler on "life in the Burg" that feels cut and pasted from other books.

If you have never read these books it might feel light and original and amusing, if you are on notorious nineteen and actually on nineteen, I would pass. A couple of reviews gave me hope, but the story did not live up to the promise of those reviews. I did not even care about the mystery. It kind of reminds me of the Sookie books, just end it, don't keep dragging it on.
33 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2012
Evanovich phoned this one in. The funny parts were not very funny, the romantic parts were not romantic - except for a brief scene with Ranger in a church, the scary parts are not scary and the suspense not suspenseful.

There are two independent story lines, one centered on an ex-special forces guy out for revenge against Ranger and the other story line has Joe and Stephanie searching for two fugitives who disappear from a local hospital. Neither story line is worth the price of the book. The Joe vs. Ranger thing continues, with no resolution in sight.

The bones were there to have an excellent book but it was just not complete. Perhaps Evanovich is too busy with her two other series to put any real effort into any one of them.
on November 28, 2012
It appears that the quality of the Stephanie Plum series has plunged as deep as a grave-robber digging up a dead FTA for Plum. The most recent books are quick reads and make me wonder if the author uses a checklist for blown-up cars, Grandma Mazur scenes, etc...

Certainly not worth the price, even if I got it free at the library. After all, my time is worth something, too. Unfortunately, I purchased the book for my Kindle.