4,572 Reviews
 (2,683)
 (1,065)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
I've read all 19 books in this series and I think it peaked with Hot Six, went on a big slide after Twelve Sharp; but I give Janet Evanovich credit for pulling up her socks and writing like she means it again.

I am a die-hard Babe who sadly acknowledges that the author intends for Stephanie to spend her life eating pizza and watching sports on the sofa with Joe...
Published 23 months ago by Grey Parrot

3.0 out of 5 stars Enough already.....
I pre-ordered. I've told my friends that after investing 10 years of my life, and who knows how much $$ that I feel like I have to see this series through to the end....but at this point it's just painful.

Published on November 25, 2012 by IowaHome

3.0 out of 5 stars Enough already....., November 25, 2012

I'm not even really sure Janet wrote this book, it felt more like a ghost writer. It pains me to say that because I LOVED this series in the beginning, but the last...say...half dozen have just been ... boring. No Sally Sweet, no big Grandma laughs, and the characters have not moved forward, not to mention....a 10 year old hamster....Rex didn't even have any good lines this time around.

Truth is, I'm neither Team Ranger nor Team Morelli. If either of them was "the one" she would have decided it by now. I'm all for cutting both of them loose and getting Stephanie back on the market...or having her focus on her career....that's where all the good laughs were anyway!

What finally tipped the scale for me? Digging him up and stuffing him in the trunk of the Buick, and demanding a body receipt for him? That's too gross to even contemplate.

It gives me pain to be so negative. I have a tremendous respect for Ms. Evanovich, and can only imagine how hurt she would be if she ever ventured out to read these reviews...but I think in her heart she must feel the same way because there was just so substance, no laughs, no movement. She must be tired of writing, and simply be fulfilling her contract. I think others would agree with me, we want some real happiness for Stephanie...and we want to read the passion in Janet's work again.

She really seems to have lost interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Wish I wasn't., November 20, 2012
T. Walter (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I have recently become a fan of the Stephanie Plum series. Having been home for a week with a sick kid, it gave me a needed break from reality. I was so excited to have the release of the next book so close, and with a few cliff hanger opportunities in 18 I had high hopes for 19. I'm sad to be so disappointed with it. The usual funniness related to bond jumpers is there, so that's one good thing. But, the love triangle is more boring than ever in this installment. And the dialog is juvenile and not in keeping with the normal personalities of the main characters. If you're a fan of the series, by all means read it...just don't pay for it - borrow a copy from the library.

1.0 out of 5 stars End it!, November 22, 2012
I agree with others on the characters. JE has stunted Stephanie's development in particular. She doesn't even really speak. The first few books were fantastic. Now, I just want to yell" Grow up!" Don't waste your $$$.

1.0 out of 5 stars This series has "jumped the shark", November 22, 2012
I used to love these books. The last few have been awful. The whole love triangle thing is beyond stale, there is no way she would get insurance after this many car explosions, and the Lula and food fixation is tired. I will not read 20-- I only read 19 as it was a loan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rachel, November 21, 2012
This series is dead in the water. Nothing ever changes, there is no growth-for characters or the plot. Same old same old, if you've read the previous 18 books, then you've read this one. The only difference is the name of the skips change. I'm DONE with this series and I can't believe I wasted my time and money on one more book. Stephanie's cars get blown up...again (big shocker), Stephanie is with Morelli and wants Ranger...as usual (big shocker), Lulu eats everything in sight and threatens to beat up anyone who calls her fat (big shocker). Stephanie is broke and runs home to eat at mommy and daddy's house, she can't catch any skips, and not even grandma Mazur made this book any better. This is the only series I read, where I started reading and was a huge fan and looked forward to new books being released and now I think it just needs to be done with. I won't waste anymore of my time or money on Stephanie Plum books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Dud, November 23, 2012
Linda W "LW" (Cherry Hill, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
When I first started this series I highly recommended it to friends. Some would wait patiently for me to finish my new hardcover copy, and I would lend it happily. Now I can't give them away. They've all given up on the series. I was the last hold out, but no more. I'm done. The fact that most people can read these last few in an about hour tell you that the quality is gone. Ugh, I feel like such a sucker for falling for one more.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHANGE, November 27, 2012
I loved the beginning of the series. I'm totally bored with 16 thru 19. Been there, done that. Needs a significant change to lure me in to the next one. As one reviewer said, "seems like its been cut and pasted" lots.

2.0 out of 5 stars ::Sigh:: The Thrill is Gone, November 21, 2012
You can almost hear the blues music to this. The book starts off supposedly with a "Bang". But to me it has been there done that, I couldn't even care.
If you have been a devoted reader to this series, I would pass, or at the very least wait for paperback.
This doesn't feel like a spoiler b/c it is so cliche - but I suppose it could be.

Her car gets blown up in the first 10 pages, really????? Wow, that has never happened before. Then Ranger calls, and "Babe" like that hasn't become overused. I know it is in character, but they are not changing or growing.

I no longer feel tension when she is around the guys I just roll my eyes and wonder how magical could her girly bits be for these hot guys to put up with this? Her personality is not that great - she is her own caricature. I blame myself for buying it.

I returned it, I have read this before, and there is so much useless filler on "life in the Burg" that feels cut and pasted from other books.

If you have never read these books it might feel light and original and amusing, if you are on notorious nineteen and actually on nineteen, I would pass. A couple of reviews gave me hope, but the story did not live up to the promise of those reviews. I did not even care about the mystery. It kind of reminds me of the Sookie books, just end it, don't keep dragging it on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Same Old, Same Old... Only reading out of obligation at this point., November 23, 2012
For Love and Books "Jac" (PUEBLO, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
Last year when I discovered the Stephanie Plum books, I read the first twelve in 8 days! I was in love, I couldn't get enough. Now, I'm just reading because I feel obligated and for the most part? I'm not even really enjoying them.

Character development stopped at least five books ago, with nothing new or unexpected since then. The whole Ranger/Steph/Morelli bit is getting really old, and to be honest the only reason I'm still reading is waiting for one of them to pick! (At this point, I'd even be happy with Morelli and Ranger saying "Screw Steph!" and moving north to New York to marry each other.) Heck, even Lula and Grandma Mazur were painfully boring in this one.

I marked this one two stars, only because I am still madly in love with Ranger, and the scenes with him alone carried this one. That, and I have a soft spot for Tiki's.

So my recommendation? If you haven't read the first ten or twelve Stephanie Plum books? Grab them, they are great! (I'd say five stars on half of them!) But if you're not a loyal fan? (Or even if you are?) Save your money and your time. This one isn't worth it in the slightest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopes dashed., November 20, 2012
gwen moore (Stockton, ca, US) - See all my reviews
I have read all of the Plum books and in the beginning I enjoyed them and that is why I continued reading. The last four books started going downhill with the predictable thus boring situations. In this day and age her 50's attitude of this constant need to marry is dated. Her
inability to grow in her job as well as in relationships is sad.

Morrelli seems to be stuck in high school as far as his relationship with Plum is concerned. At least Ranger doesn't want to change her and actually admires her as well as support her in her job.

This whole thing of Plum books is going only in circles. I'm not going along.