This book is amazing. The intricate details are so much fun. You are only limited by your imagination. They are so detailed you will need good fine point colored pencils like Primsacolor Verifine's sold here on Amazon.

Published on September 24, 2008 by kindred spirit

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it had been a little better quality.
I wanted a "grown up" coloring book and I thought that this one was it. However, it was okay but did not give the intricate quality as I had hope for.
Published 6 months ago by Natalie M. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Get out your Verithin colored pencils for these intricated drawings., September 24, 2008
This review is from: Art Nouveau Patterns (Dover Design Coloring Books) (Paperback)

You will not be bored with this book. The drawings are almost all complete full pages and take some time to complete. I find them relaxing and challenging at the same time. Very much an adult level book or teen. A small child would not be able to stay in these lines at all.

Having many Dover books I cannot say enough about them. The 4 for 3 deal here at Amazon is great for these high quality books that provide hours of creative relaxing time.

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and the flavor of Art Nouveau comes through beautifully!, April 9, 2008
CLG "Carrie Herbel Greenwald" (Flitting here and there...anywhere...everywhere) - See all my reviews
I am a true fan of Marty Noble's coloring books, at least the few that really caught my eye (e.g. this one, Decorative Tile, African Designs, and Erte Fashions Coloring Book...and the Medieval Tapestries and Ancient Mexican Designs have also caught my eye and are on my wish list to purchase), but not the stained glass coloring books, and I have several. The stained glass images, printed on vellum, are often too simplistic and I cannot produce the shadowing of the images in the manner I like; nevertheless, the black-n-white drawings in the listed books above are beautiful. Details are superb. Quality paper. The Art Nouveau patterns are all pleasing to the eye in a multitude of ways that I am already working on one as I recover from the flu. Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you are the publisher), the images are printed back-to-back and thus I want two of each book so I can view and potentially not damage the other side that is colored. Yet it is worth it for me as I continually look at my color combinations produced from Noble's adult coloring books; and thus I am extremely pleased with the results. I recommend a good set of artist colored pencils for best coloration and know that with these tools, I can really get the Art Nouveau patterns to be striking like those in real life. That art style is a great favorite of mine and I know I will treasure this book for years to come, that is IF I don't color all the images in the next month! Anyway, these coloring books are DEFINITELY worth investing in and consider exploring the other offerings by Noble. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creatively fulfilling., May 24, 2008
Take your mental phone off the hook and prepare to reduce that awful load of stress by completing this Art Nouveau Patters book of images for you to color. Get out your very best artist's colored pencils and let the 19th century designs take you away to another time and place.

Beautiful, relaxing, outrageously lovely and most definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coloring book, January 13, 2009
Being a lover of art nouveau, and also loving to color & paint, this was a perfect book for me. The designs are beautiful & the paper it's printed on takes different media well. I have used crayons, colored pencils & watercolor pencils & markers. It's a wonderful way to spend a rainy day. It's very relaxing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun, May 1, 2009
I bought the book as a gift and well it was an immediate hit. Very detailed drawings and beautiful when done. Recipient was pleased and has spent many hours with colored pencils doing her thing. One of the best books I have seen, good paper, and interesting designs. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Product, February 6, 2009
Coloring for me is very relaxing and this book provided that opportunity for me. I love picking the colors and seeing the final results. These designs are intricate and when finished beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 13, 2009
These are some beautiful turn of the century Art Nouveau patterns. They brought me back to a period in Art History that I am a huge fan of. Even if you aren't a fan of Art History .. you should still pick this up just for the coloring fun :-) Yes I'm an adult in my 30s and I love coloring books like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars I so needed to find out about adult colouring pages., April 9, 2013
I have just started Art Therapy, and started with colouring. Well i and all my friends are addicted. I love Art Nouveau, so this book allows me to study and enjoy the subject, I am try to get the colouring bug to African Aids orphans in South Africa, if I had money I would buy all the books.. thank you..

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful with thin challenging lines, March 21, 2011
Love this coloring book. Very mature patterns with thin challenging lines. Makes for a beautiful finished product. Best with colored pencils instead of crayons because of the thinner lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, March 16, 2011
I truly love art nouveau and I have been very impressed with Marty Nobles books. She has never disappointed me. This book is full of high quality beautiful patterns. I really enjoy it and recommend it and all of Ms. Nobles pattern books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Art Nouveau Patterns (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Art Nouveau Patterns (Dover Design Coloring Books) by Marty Noble (Paperback - December 10, 2007)
Used & New from: $6.78