5.0 out of 5 stars Personally, I love this program.
Published on February 1, 2011 by Pamela Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much work -no reward
Got this as a present. You can only import from cook.com - not even from the food network - go figure. The recipe entry is slow and difficult. Searching the database is slow and clunky, I don't see using this at all.
Published on December 31, 2010 by L1006

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much work -no reward, December 31, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Food Recipe Manager, December 19, 2010
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
This program is hard to use. Save your money. I have used MasterCook which is a great program. I read some reviews that said it wasn't very good but thought I would try it. As I said I give it an F.

1.0 out of 5 stars Intrusive logo on personal recipes, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
I purchased this product and I am in the middle of a refund battle. Aside from the poor functionality, the dealbreaker for me is that the Food Network logo and an advertisement line print on every recipe including any personal recipes entered by you. This is intrusive and abusive if you want to create a cookbook of favorite family recipes.

The developer, Nova Developer, offers a refund, but their refund request page does not accept the UPC of the product I purchased at Costco. Go figure! I am now sparring on email with their customer support people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personally, I love this program., February 1, 2011
Pamela Smith (Lakeland, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
I picked this program up one day at Best Buy, and I'm very glad that I did. It's super easy to use, and makes cooking fun! I pull up a recipe on my laptop and am able to use it in the kitchen, making dinner easy. Sure, you can only import recipes from food.com, but it's pretty easy to put your own recipes in as well. I love that it has a space where you can enter nutritional information of food. I also use it to make shopping lists every week, and you can delete items and sort the shopping list by recipe so if the store is out of a key ingredient, you can either find a substitute or skip the recipe entirely.

I didn't get this program expecting it to be super easy to import recipes from other places, because honestly, even though I get a lot of my recipes from the internet, I have many cookbooks that I plan to go through and type up the recipes from so that they are easy to find!

5.0 out of 5 stars FOOD NETWORK RECIPE MANAGER, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
IT IS NECESSARY TO OWN THIS ITEM BECAUSE I HAVE TO KEEP LOTS OF RECIPES. I FOUND THIS PRODUCT INTERESTING

1.0 out of 5 stars Nova Development will not support this product, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
I have used my existing copy of this software for a few years and the software suddenly started demanding a serial number that I don't have. As a result, I have lost several original recipes along with some old family recipes. This cost much more than the few dollars I paid for the software.

Too late I looked up Nova Development on the Better Business Bureau site -- they have an F. I guess that pretty much says it all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Use, Outdated Software, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
My husband bought this for me and thought he was doing me a favor, but I wished he had saved his money (and the receipt)! It is extremely hard to use, and after I finally got the courage to try it again, it's now saying that I can't install it into my computer because I have outdated software and need to upgrade. What a joke! Amazon should be giving these away for free!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
This program and the technical support that goes with it is a joke, save your money. I recently updated my operating system and when I tried to open the software, was told I needed an upgrade. Unfortunately, the only way to upgrade it is to be in the software. I contacted technical support, but no luck, they sent me to a link that told me how to upgrade from within the software. It's like chasing your own tail. Looks like I have a new $40 coaster for my coffee table. Save yourself the money on this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
Food Network symbols are all over this box , but the only downloadable recipes are from food.com. While they may be good recipes they are ordinary people submissions. I much prefer the actual Food Network recipes. Any recipes but Food.Com must be typed in yourself using their confusing format. If Food Network recipes do not fit their download format the Food Network symbols should NOT be on the box , especially as nothing in this program has anything to do with Food Network - even the included recipes. Returned it the same day I bought it after a frustrating hour trying to get my favorite Food Network recipes into it. In very small print there is a statement that only fn.com recipes download , but that didn't mean much before I tried to use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy, will no longer import food.com recipes!, January 22, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Recipe Manager (CD-ROM)
Lousy, will no longer import food.com recipes! Worked when I first got it but I think food.com changed their file format. Get a url error every time I try to importa recipe. It only imports from food.com when it does work. Hundreds of users are having the same problem...don't buy it!

Food Network Recipe Manager
Food Network Recipe Manager by NOVA DEVELOPMENT (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: $1.60