5.0 out of 5 stars A well-written, engaging program
Published on September 17, 2006 by J. Sisemore

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Mac OS X compatible
Though I've enjoyed other I spy games, I had to return this one without playing because it is not Mac OS X despite being labeled as such. I t will run in Classic environment- which any Mac built in the last couple of years cannot run.

I'd love the chance to try out this game if they release an OS X friendly version.
Published on October 31, 2007 by Rebekka Garcia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A well-written, engaging program, September 17, 2006
J. Sisemore (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
My seven year old was a big fan of the I Spy books, but I wasn't sure how well they'd translate to the computer screen. We have been very pleasantly surprised by them. The image quality is much better than her other Reader Rabbit/Disney titles, and the games are SO much more exciting. This one keeps her occupied for hours. She doesn't need a lot of adult help figuring out the instructions, but we've had fun helping her search for the various items she needs to complete the game. I'd rate this one as "challenging for kids, but fun for the grown-ups, too."

5.0 out of 5 stars i spy treasure hunt, January 6, 2007
Lorraine M. Schlosser (desmoines, wa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
this is a fine choice for a child to play on the computer by themselves. but this is a GREAT CHOICE for a family to enjoy together. sometimes i will spot an item right away so to keep the challenge going i will play the game of HOT and COLD with my grandsons as they navigate the cursor to the object we are searching for. they loaded this adventure with a lot of imagination that will keep any pirate young or old interested.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Mac OS X compatible, October 31, 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Educational, Brain buliding fun for our 5 yr old, May 13, 2007
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
Our 5 y/o daughter loves to search for items and piece all the clues together. The animation and music is cute and clever. This game builds her self confidence and requires logic to determine the objects that she must find. We only "purchase" educational computer games and the I SPY products are one of our favorites. She rarely asks for help because she likes the challenge and sense of accomplishment of doing it on her own. Several of her friends always ask to borrow the CD. Keep them coming!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, March 31, 2011
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
my 5 year old daughter and I play it together. she loves the I spy games and only needs a little help finding some of the objects. navigating through the town can be confusing for her but is a great game for the whole family. highly reccommend...

5.0 out of 5 stars I Spy Treasure Hunt, November 11, 2008
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
This is the 3rd I Spy I have bought for my granddaugher, who is 7 yrs old. When all else fails to entertain, we go to the computer and challenge one another in finding the hidden objects. Not always an easy job, but a lot of fun. It has helped with her reading skills and her observation skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game to help your child focus, September 22, 2008
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
I bought this for my daughter after she played it in summer school and loved it. She can play for hours at a time and it helps to keep her focused and on task. She has a problem with this in school so it has been a big help. I definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, and educational!, July 27, 2010
M. Kato "Ray, actually" (Sakata-shi, Yamagata-ken Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
This is an excellent, engaging game for a whole range of ages. My three-year-old enjoys it almost as much as my nine-year-old, though the former can't do everything by herself. I also use it with some of my ESL students, ages six to twelve. I don't know how much some of the vocabulary they're learning (skull, anchor, etc.) will be useful in the long term, but the game is fun and that motivates them to listen and learn the words. And I give them hints (above the car, to the right of the ship, etc.) so we can work on their English that way too. Because the words are spoken as well as written, they get extra reinforcement that way too.

I've seen some of the negative reviews that say this doesn't work with Mac OS X (except in Classic). However, my version, purchased earlier this year, works just fine in Leopard (10.5), although I have to use an admin account (to run the program, not just install), which is a minor inconvenience. And I find the graphics quite good, though the resolution is less than my nearly 10-year-old monitor is capable of.

To add to the enjoyment and utility of this software, I've now found that you can replay the game at least three times, with the actual items you have to find changing each time. The graphics are the same, so it pays to give it a bit of a rest between games, but it certainly extends the life of the game a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Fun!, December 30, 2008
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
My 9 year old received this as a gift and wasn't excited to use it until we started playing. It was so much fun that she didn't want to stop until she was done and found the treasure. This took about 2 1/2 hours but it was interactive and educational. I liked how the searched items on the screen changed color after they found the item. She only had me help her with a few items that were even challenging me to find. After about an hour she didn't ask me for help again and had it figured out. If I had to make any change it would be that the help "?" gives them clues to which item they are missing. It really doesn't help at all. Other then that a game well worth spending time and money on. I Spy Treasure Hunt

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gift for 6 year old, April 24, 2009
This review is from: I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
We purchased this software for our son's 6th birthday. This is his favorite computer game at our local library and (due to time constraints) he is never able to finish collecting the pieces of the treasure map. Definitely a good purchase for those parents who want to guide your child's computer activities and for those children who love a challenge- some hidden items were difficult/tricky for me to find. : )

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Spy Treasure Hunt
I Spy Treasure Hunt by Nova Development (Mac OS 9 and below, Windows)
$29.99 $8.99