5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book As We Shift Into the Fall Season
As fall is upon us and the colder weather hits, it is knitting season again. This book is filled with inspiring knits for the colder season. I love the variety and lovely patterns in this book. The sizing is for real women, not just those of us who are teeny-tiny.

Published 18 months ago by Bonnie Brody

2.0 out of 5 stars Most of the patterns are not as nice as the cover sweater
The sweater on the cover is beautiful, but most of the projects are simple and not as creative as that one. I was disappointed in the book as a whole.
Published 13 months ago by JR Trevas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book As We Shift Into the Fall Season, September 28, 2012
This review is from: November Knits: Inspired Designs for Changing Seasons (Paperback)

My favorite patterns are the Barnwood Pullover knit with Manos Del Uraguay yarn in a rib stitched pattern with variegated dark gray yarn. The Burdock Cardigan is super lovely. It is knit in a bright green using worsted weight yarn. It can be used to dress up or down - it has that flexibility of use. I also love the Market Jacket in a soft tannish orange, knit with worsted weight yarn with running flowered cables and a collar. The Savannah Cardigan is sweet and light-weight, knit with sportweight yarn and size five needles. It is in a soft blue-gray hue with a low collar. It looks very feminine. The Abilene Cardigan caught my eye. It is knit in a dark gray with worsted weight yarn. There is a pattern near the top, the bottom of the sleeves and the sweater bottom, but most of it is strict stockinette stitch. I'd love to try knitting it, perhaps in a lighter color. I love the Bluebonnet Scarf. It is knit in a variegated rose color from Schaefer yarns, 50% wool and 50% silk, with size six needles. It is stunning, utilizing lace and beads. I have a friend named Elke who would love the Spanish Moss Leg Warmers. They seem to have her name all over them. They are in a light green hue with a lace pattern and are knit with fingering weight yarn.

When I get any knitting book I ask myself three questions:

Will I knit the patterns?

Are the instructions clear?

Will the book be a good resource?

The answer to all three of these questions is YES. I love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, October 17, 2012
I loved Vintage Modern Knits when Kate and Courtney published it, I didn't think a single book could get any better. This one has. Don't get me wrong, I still adore VMK and have several items I've made from it. I could also easily make every pattern in the first "Farm Hands" section of this book. I already have several of them clipped with what yarn to use. I'm not too preppy so the second "Ivy League" section isn't my favorite but I could still do the Cobblestone Trench coat and love it. The "Southern Comfort" section surprised me that I found so much I liked even though I'm no where near the south. The shrug, sweaters and leg warmers are terrific. And just to let everyone know, I'm 59 years old, live in Montana and love to stay stylish. I'm slim and love hand-knit sweaters with boots. You're only as old as you feel so I would recommend this book for anyone of any age who likes to knit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, October 14, 2012
I am thrilled with this book! I want to make so many of the patterns! My Rav queue got much longer when I flipped through this book. There are 21 patterns, about half sweaters & cardigans (& one skirt) and half accessories, so an excellent blend of large & small projects. Some of the patterns are preppy, several are rustic. The patterns tend toward the classic, but very wearable! (For reference I am in my 30s with a girly & slightly preppy style.) I adored almost every single pattern, and that pretty much never happens. I highly recommend this book for intermediate to advanced knitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, March 30, 2013
This is a wonderful book of sweaters - Picked out several that I will start making in the near future. Good normal options!!

5.0 out of 5 stars November Knits: Inspired Designs for Changing Seasons, December 7, 2012
This was a birthday present for my daughter-in-law and she absolutely loves this book. She keeps thanking me for it and has all kinds of projects picked out to knit.

Item delivered on time, was as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars great patterns, May 11, 2013
The patterns are easy to follow, and there are at least five patterns that I plan on making. I did finish the market sweater and it is beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lived up to the hype., March 19, 2013
Really beautiful patterns! I love in New England where the weather changes may moment to moment and these are some great knits for all types of weather. I haven't started yet but the first thing will definitely be The Burdock Cardigan ( the green one on the cover) but its not am easy decision. These are some great patterns. So glad I bought this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, December 5, 2012
Susan (Seattle, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
this book has beautiful, warm sweaters. Instructions are well written, and there are many views of each sweater, so you know exactly what you are getting into! Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice selection of patterns..., December 1, 2012
I frequently buy knitting books and this one was a good choice. Nice assortment of patterns that I may actually use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice selections, December 1, 2012
Nice selection of patterns for more than just November. Mostly in finer gauges, which I like. I wouldn't call it a beginner book, though

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa15fb744)

November Knits: Inspired Designs for Changing Seasons
November Knits: Inspired Designs for Changing Seasons by Courtney Kelley (Paperback - October 9, 2012)
$24.95 $14.98