Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 9, 2007
This product has worked extremely well for me. As someone who has had a long history of large cold sores, I highly recommend Novitra.

I have used prescription medication for years to lessen the frequency/severity of my outbreaks, but recently have started to get cold sores again. Last summer, I was unable to find Novitra in the stores, so I purchased Abreva, which had helped a little in the past. It seems that I have gotten immune to Abreva and it no longer helps me at all.

Just last week, however, I started to get a cold sore, and it was already at the bumpy stage and I used the Novitra and it never developed. Anyone with a history of cold sore outbreaks should keep this product on hand.
on June 25, 2009
I have a history of cold sores/sun blisters when I get extremely fatigued and get too much sun. When I feel one coming on I start to use Novitra and it works great for me. It actually stops the cold sore from forming altogether. The only problem that I'm having is finding it at my local pharmacies.
on September 9, 2011
Purchased Novitra back in FEB, 2011. This works MUCH FASTER THAN Abreva. I have used it for HSV-II(Genital) since Feb. If used as soon as any tingling starts, it deters outbreaks MUCH MUCH SOONER than the Abreva did. And the Novitra is cheaper than Abreva. NOVITRA comes in a MUCH LARGER size than the Abreva.

Will be using the NOVITRA from now on.
on April 21, 2009
I have been using Novitra for years, and I have found it to be the most effective topical agent to use against cold sores and fever blisters. You can apply it at any stage, and you can use it between outbreaks. Give it a try and see how it works for you!
on September 10, 2010
First off I want to say that the packaging I received for this product was not purple. It was the newer white and green one. So I was a little concerned that it might not be powerful enough, because sometimes they change the ingredients. That being said, this stuff still worked great. One day I happened to have that tingling itching sensation on my lip. I immediately applied a little of this concoction and the would-be blister never developed. I recommend to keep this stuff in your makeup bag just in case, because the sooner it's applied the better.
on July 5, 2011
I chose this product because of the ratings on Amazon.I bought it for my husband and the best part is that it stops the cold sore from forming when it is just starting to form. My husband used it when he felt it start & a few days later I asked him about his cold sore. "What cold sore?" he asked. That's what I wanted to hear!! Great stuff!!
on May 26, 2011
I don't get cold sores very often but when i do it aggravates me to no end! I had just started to feel a cold sore coming on when I found this cream on Amazon and decided to give it a try. I bought and applied this cream as soon as the cold sore was beginning to show. The cold sore was painful for about 3 or 4 hours after which I applied some more and went to bed. The next day, my cold sore was gone. This is an incredible product and I intend to always keep some in my medicine cabinet. The only down side is the tube itself (which is tiny) but it doesn't stop releasing the cream even after you stop pushing down on the tube. I had to cap it quite quickly to avoid wasting any more cream. Other than the design of the tube, it is excellent.
on August 28, 2014
Typically I stave off cold sores by taking a low dose of zinc every day (15 mg). On occasion I forget for a while and one will pop up. I had one come up last week and immediately started applying Novitra, the sore never really headed and the after effects were gone within 24 hours. I don't follow dosing, just every time I think about it I apply it to the sore. I figure since the manufacture attempted to weaken it by pretending to be homeopathic I need to double the dose to get an effect.

A couple days later another started to develop, but I was traveling and had forgotten the Novitra at home. I went to the store and couldn't find it so I instead got another product with a zinc compound as an active ingredient. It didn't work at all - in fact the blister seemed to spread even more. It was more of a moisturizing gel - Novitra seems to dry out the sore more.

I finally got back home and reapplied the Novitra and it's getting better. This stuff really works. I'm a little distressed I couldn't find it in the pharmacy when I went looking for it. My tube is past the expatriation date, although it still works it won't last forever.
on April 13, 2009
I happen to have chronic cold sores, and before this product I would get one at least 5-10 times a year. Now with Novitra I have easily halved that. A+ product, especially for the price.
on October 3, 2011
This is an excellent product. There was not one occasion where I felt "the tingle" and used this product and still had a cold sore develop. Because I have developed a routine that have significantly reduced my cold sores, I have been lucky enough not to have had the opportunity to use this product when a cold sore has already started to develop, so I cannot testify to how well it works once a cold sore has already developed. I've only used it when I've felt the initial tingle. Also, when I am stressed, or I've been outside in the elements (wind and/or sun), or anytime when I know I am at risk for a cold sore, I will put this on my lips before I go to bed and reapply in the morning. The directions state it can be used in between outbreaks so I use it like this, which in my mind is a preventative measure because any outbreaks that may gearing up will be stopped before they start. My routine to prevent cold sores include using Novitra between outbreaks or when I feel the tingle, using oxygen drops in water, using alkaline drops in water, taking multi-vitamins and lysine supplements.