5.0 out of 5 stars Great music collection for a great price!
With great tunes like Lady Gaga's "Applause" and funky disco-esque tracks like Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Bruno Mars's "Treasure", this is one great music collection that every pop music fan or any lover of great music! Highly Recommended!
Published 10 months ago by B-man!

3.0 out of 5 stars Digital Version Pops/Crackles
Published 8 months ago by PaulB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music collection for a great price!, November 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Now 48, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
I got say this is a quality mix of artists and one of the better now releases in a while. Who can beat getting your favorite radio hits on all one cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now 48, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
I love CD's where there is a mix of music - all the top hits on 1 cd. It is a Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely recomend this album, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
Most of the songs in this album are Top Hits of the Year 2013, really great music, We all enjoy playing this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BUY!, November 27, 2013
Kat Girl (Owensboro, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
The kids on my bus (I drive a school bus) love listening to this. There is just too many commercials and garbage to listen to on the way to and home from school. This is perfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars Digital Version Pops/Crackles, December 30, 2013
PaulB "PaulB" (Lewisville, Texas) - See all my reviews
This is great to have multiple top hit songs in one low cost album. The problem is the digital conversion to MP3 is flawed in several songs. I contacted Amazon twice about it but their help desk does not hear the problem. If you listen using headphones to "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5 you will hear Pop's/crackles in especially in the beginning of the song (like a skipping record). Most people probably don't know what a skipping record sounds like, but it is very noticeable in headphones. Several other songs have this to a degree. The problem is not in the downloader or downloading the song...it's the MP3 conversion done on the source material. So buy the CD version and rip the tracks yourself. You may not hear this on computer speakers but you definitely can on a kindle or headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love now that's what i call music, December 19, 2013
I love that's what i call music i buy a new one every year. It has all the great music i'm looking for on one cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Now 48, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
Loved it. Really enjoy the music.
I think buyers will be very happy with this selection. Good buy and a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Now That's What I Call Music 48"...Compilation...2013 UMG Recordings, Inc & Sony Entertainment, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
I had ordered this compilation from Amazon.com & I rec'd it on January 21, 2014. A lot of this music incl., here on "Now 48" includes hits that closed out 2013 & opened 2014 on the American Top 40 Countdown. I would like to offer my review of this album as follows:

1. "Roar"...As of the week ending October 26, 2013, this hit by Katy Perry, was @ the #1 spot for 5 weeks on the Top 40 Countdown. This song is pretty good.

2. "Blurred Lines"...This hit single, by Robin Thicke, reminds me of a song that Prince OR Michael Jackson could have performed very well. This song is pretty good.

3. "Take Back The Night"...This song by "J.T." ISN'T as familiar to me, but I do like it very well.

4. "Summertime Sadness"...As of the week ending October 26, 2013, THIS song by Lana Del Rey was in the #4 spot on The TOP 40 Countdown. I loved THIS song immediately, even if it IS haunting & rather WEIRD. The version incl., HERE is the 2013 Cedric Gervais Remix Edit. Just yesterday, 01/24/14, I ordered her 2012 album "Born To Die" so that I may hear what the ORIG. version of "Summertime Sadness" will sound like & PLUS all the OTHER songs, on THAT album. This song is one of my TOP favorites, that TIES w/ "Wake Me Up" by Avicii.

5. "Get Lucky"...I really love & enjoy this song by Daft Punk. Musically, this song COULD remind me, somewhat., of "Good Times" & ESP. "My Forbidden Lover". BOTH of these songs were performed by Chic, in 1979.

6. "Treasure"...This song, by Bruno Mars, is pretty good.

7. "Love Somebody"...Maroon 5 performs this hit & I think it's pretty good.

8. "Wake Me Up"...This song is just plain EXCELLENT in my honest opinion. It's one of my TOP favorites that TIES w/ "Summertime Sadness". It is ALSO one of my favorite songs that Avicii ever performed, so far. The music, the beat & the male vocalist is also GREAT. On the week ending January 18, 2014, Avicii's "ON THE VERGE" song "Hey Brother" was also INTRODUCED on the Top 40 Countdown.

9. "We Can't Stop"...When I heard this song before, I always thought it was Rihanna performing this one. This song is okay & it's performed by Miley Cyrus.

10. "Applause"...As usual, I love any song that Lady Gaga performs & this song is no exception. Great beat here. On Thanksgiving Night 2013, I saw a show of Lady Gaga's feat. some of her songs from 2013's album called "Artpop". She also feat. a few guests like Sir Elton John & etc. Just yesterday, 01/24/14, I bought her "Artpop" from Amazon & I'm excited to hear her new album release.

11. "Slow Down"...This song, by Selena Gomez, is pretty good. I notice that Dev & the Cataracs name is mentioned quite often.

12. "Everything Has Changed"...This song is by Taylor Swift & it feat. Ed Sheeran. I like this song quite well.

13. "Brave"...This song, by Sara Bareilles, is pretty good.

14. "Still Into You"...This song, by Paramore, isn't too bad.

15. "Sail"...This song is Awolnation is just okay & it's NOT a favorite of mine.

16. "That's My Kind Of Night"...This song, by Luke Bryan, is a COUNTRY song & it is fun & enjoyable to listen to.

Bonus Tracks

17. "Harlem". This bonus track, by New Politics, is pretty good.

18. "I Believe (In Me & You)"...I really LOVE this song, by Basic Vacation. Nice vocal harmonies, good music & you can FAINTLY hear some chimes. I sincerely hope that this song will be on the TOP 40, if it hasn't been already.

19. "Drunken Hearts"...This song, by Wallpaper, isn't too bad. It did grow on me after a fashion.

20. "On Our Way"...This song, by The Royal Concept, I really HOPE will enter the American Top 40, if it hasn't already. This song is great & has a lot of potential, I really love this song w/ such cheerful & positive lyrics. Good music & nice harmonies, too.

This "Now 48" compilation is most definitely recommended & to be enjoyed. I have played this CD a lot since I rec'd it recently. And THIS particular volume is keeping me in touch w/ the songs that are STILL charting on the American Top 40 Countdown.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the 48th Time, December 17, 2013
ZhemJZ "Michael J" (Grand Rapids, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now 48: That's What I Call Music (Audio CD)
I purchase a Now album every time a new one is released, which is more and more often. As a DJ, it's extremely important for me to have high-quality (e.g. CD-rip versus iTunes download), radio-edit cuts of pop hits and the Now albums are one of the best ways to get a pretty good sampling of popular tracks across genres.
As a Now album, the 48th offering is pretty strong, albeit a little too late. The latest Now albums have been lagging behind in terms of "latest and greatest" to the point that I now frequently find myself already having half the album by the time it drops. It'd be great if Now were a little more ahead of the curve in terms of new releases, but I've come to expect it.
I do wish some of the harder-to-find "clean edits" were on this album, but instead many of the songs on 48 are songs that don't require heavy edits. That said, there's still enough here to satisfy your pop hits craving. Katy Perry's 'Roar', Robin Thicke's "song of the summer" 'Blurred Lines', Miley Cyrus' 'We Can't Stop' and Selena Gomez's 'Slow Down' have been on repeat on Top 40 radio for months.
While excellent songs, Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky', Paramore's 'Still Into You', Maroon 5's 'Love Somebody' and Awolnation's 'Sail' already seem "old" in pop radio terms.
The most "ahead of the curve" songs here are the Cedric Gervais remix of Lana Del Rey's 'Summertime Sadness', Avicii's crowd-stopping 'Wake Me Up' and Lady Gaga's Zedd-produced single 'Applause'. Then there are always the few head-scratcher inclusions like Sara Bareilles 'Brave' and Bruno Mars 'Treasure' that feel like they could have been replaced with one of the many other popular options from the Top 40 countdown.

Now That's Music does their best to get the latest and greatest and I remain impressed with the way they get tracks from across genres and labels consistently. While I'd like the offerings to be more ahead of the curve and for there to be more songs, Amazon's AutoRip and the Now What's Next offerings will keep me coming back to this series. I have a feeling that if Now Music went all digital they'd be able to put out songs much more quickly - they have a great thing going here with being able to offer clean version of radio hits, if they could be closer to pre-release (or even more in line with SiriusXM pop offerings) I think they could expand their brand profusely.

Now 48: That's What I Call Music
Now 48: That's What I Call Music by Now Music (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies