Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Now Designs Basic Cotton Kitchen Chef's Apron, Nectar Print
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Nectar Print|Change

on September 27, 2011
This arrived today. Nicely packaged, the black of the pattern is dark and vivid, the pattern pops. It smelled a little like Apple Jacks, but I threw it into the washing machine, and the apron washed up quite well w/o bleeding or shrinking. I wish it was a little wider in the breast area as it seems to sit awkwardly on my chest. Feels a little awkward to me at any rate. It's a nice length, the neck is quite adjustable, and the waist strings are long. I'm 5'3", and the apron falls just below my knees. I like the overall weight of the material as some aprons are very heavy and stiff.
on May 21, 2013
I have owned a Now Designs Apron for the past 15 years and it still is looks almost like brand new!! I have worn it 5 days out of 7 days for the past 15 years. That apron is called "Pick a Pepper", so when I decided to get another apron I selected "Chop, Chop" I also love this new apron too! They are ample sized aprons made of very good quality fabric. They have a nice, handy, sized pocket. These aprons make a nice gift for someone who loves to wear an apron while in the kitchen or cleaning house. I have purchased the apron "Harvest Apples" to my aunt for a gift, and she really liked her apron too!
Color: Wine Label Print|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an attractive apron that for the most part is a functional kitchen apron but not a comfortable one.

After more than three decades of professional food service work I have always been an apron-wearing cook and baker at home. I love a good cotton apron and the style is not as important to me as practicality. I want a cotton apron that fits me well, provides good coverage, protects my clothing from food stains and cooking messes, and is easily machine washable. That it is attractive is just a nice but unnecessary added bonus.

This Now Design apron is 100% cotton and is machine washable. Because it did have that annoying chemical smell that I have discovered usually comes with textiles made in China - and by the way, this apron is made in China - a quick wash remedied the smell but the apron is still very stiff with the fabric's sizing. Hopefully more machine washings will soften it up over time.

It is a unisex design but chest coverage is rather limited for a woman. Women's bib aprons are usually too narrow in the chest for me and I was hoping that the unisex style of this apron would cover both boobs more generously, but this apron is cut strangely and disappoints me very much in keeping the girls covered. The lower part of the apron IS oversized to accommodate a man. I am a very slim gal and in the waist/hip area the apron meets in the back when I tie up. So I have coverage all the way around from the waist down. And then with the extra-long length I can hardly move in this apron.

I do like that the neck strap is adjustable so I can wear the apron higher on my chest but I have to admit that I am one of those dim-wit chicks who finds d-rings flummoxing.

The waist straps are an awkward length for me - so long that I must tie them in the front but not quite long enough for me to adequately tie off in the front.

The front pocket is roomy but I don't use front pockets. They only get in my way, especially if I put anything in them.

The wine label print is feminine and even though I am a teetotaler I don't mind it; it pleasantly reminds me of my happy ten years of living in the heart of the Sonoma wine country of Northern California.

All and all I suppose this is a decent apron but not a particularly good one for me. It is certainly not my favorite and I doubt that I will use it very much if at all.
on March 16, 2015
So disappointed! After one waking in cold water and All Free, this apron faded and looks like it's been washed 100 times! The vibrant colors are gone :-( I had removed the center pocket and altered it for my use as a waitress. You can see in the picture the difference between the unwashed pocket and the washed apron.
review image
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2014
Color: Wine Label Print|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have this apron in the wine label print, which is much nicer in person than it appears online.

The material itself is surprisingly thin; not "heavy-duty" as described. It is much thinner than any of the other aprons I own. It is also very stiff and scratchy and needs to be washed before use.

This is generously sized. I'm 5'5", female, average build, and it covers my front and sides. The ties are very long--long enough to wrap around me and tie in the front if I wanted to. This means it should be fine for someone who is heavy. It reaches to my knees. I tried this on my 5'2" size 0 teen and it looked ridiculous, so pass this by if you're petite.

There is a very large pocket in the front. The neck strap is adjustable.

I gave this 3 stars because the chest part is unusually narrow. I don't have an enormous bust line, and a significant portion of my shirt remains unprotected by this apron. It would be much worse on a bigger woman, or a man. I really can't use it if I'm cooking something that might splash.
on October 28, 2012
In search of a new apron, I fell across this beauty.
As soon as I saw this apron, I knew it was what I was searching for.
The colors were so bright and cheerful.
I received this apron in record time.
I can definitely recommend this charming apron for your own, or as a gift.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2014
I am very disappointed with this apron. It is skimpy across the top one of the rings is bent and keeps opening up. I am a small women and still the coverage across the top is very narrow. It is pretty and I like the material but it is shoddy workmanship.
on April 25, 2016
I am disappointed with this apron in it's material, finish and tie strings. I had read other reviews which stated the upper part of the apron was too small. I found this apron to be not so bad in this area unless you are a 40 D or larger. It upper body is longer than some aprons which may make for an awkward fit that does not lay smoothly, but for a taller person would not be an issue. The lower body of the apron is actually a little larger than average. The tie string are short so they cannot tie in front which is something I prefer. What is most outstanding is the material and the finish. The finish is "lazy', although the the edges are folded over and stitched a quality item would have the edges folded inside and hidden. The reason I chose to give only two stars is that the material is not nearly as heavy as described and I have never experienced a cotton fabric that felt anything like this. I believed it was a synthetic blend however I was surprised how much it shrunk after it was washed and dried. I would not be purchasing this brand again.
on November 30, 2015
Now Designs manufactures great quality aprons. I just received mine to find that the workmanship and fabric are better than described in some reviews. Although the material is not an extra thick heavy canvas type of material, it's also not thin and anemic like bed sheets. The weight is similar to a medium weight denim and has a nice hearty feel to it.

As for the longevity of the dye, I have not washed mine yet so I cannot comment. However, some fading is realistic and expected to occur over time as with another apron purchased over 20 years ago from an expensive kitchen supply store. No garment dye is entirely permanent.

To clear up any confusion about the fit, I am a curvy 5' 4" size 12 and the dimensions of the Now Designs apron are no different than my other more expensive apron. The measurements are pretty standard if you ask me.
Color: Wine Label Print|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This apron has a funny fit on me - it's too narrow in the chest. I'm 5'4 with a 38" bust, D cup. The chest on this apron is 9.75" in the middle and it flares out to a little over 12" at the bottom. So when I wear this, it's basically covering my chest from tit to tit - that's quite uncomfortable. It needs to be a bit wider so it can cover my entire boob and a little more on each side - like shown in the picture. As it is, it's not narrow enough to fit between my boobs and not wide enough to cover both boobs evenly. The mannequin they have in this picture must have a very small bust for this apron to fit on it so nicely. If you want to know how this will fit on you, just take a tape measure and measure out 9.75" across your boobs - if you get full boob coverage for both boobs - you got a winner. If you're a little more of the bustier side, you may want to look for another apron, unless if that's not going to bother you.

This apron is 100% cotton and comes very stiff. It softens after washings, but would take a lot of washings to get really soft. When it first arrives, you have to wash it, it feels rough and stiff - not very nice at all. After a wash, it's more pliable - not soft - but not scratchy or anything. I don't really mind that it's a bit stiffer, it's a thicker cotton and it's utilitarian. I like that it's a good thickness cotton between me and the dirty stuff - it will provide good protection. I love the nice, roomy, single pouch up front. Very handy for quickly stuffing a kitchen towel in. If you use this apron for other dirty chores, not just in the kitchen, the pocket up front is great for holding your essentials as you work. This is made in China and is single layered. Nothing fancy, simple stitching, but everything is very nice. I love the color and pattern and I love that there is a large selection of patterns to choose from. The neck strap is adjustable by two stainless steel rings that you run the strap through - this allows for quick and easy adjustments. The waist strap is long enough for me to wrap around the back and tie up front again - this is nice because then I can tuck more things onto the strap if needed. It gives excellent coverage from the bottom of my chest to a little above my knees - and that's adjustable with the neck strap too. Around the waist, it's very wide and is able to wrap around my hips giving excellent full frontal coverage. It's easy to throw in the washing machine to wash.

So in conclusion, I really wanted to love this apron. If I really strap down my boobs, I'd get a better fit across my chest - but it's just not really fitting right for me. I see that other reviewers have complained about this fit so I know it's not just me. I provided measurements so hopefully you can get a better idea how it will fit you before you order. If it will fit your build, then I would recommend this product. It's a nice apron that gives good coverage otherwise, has nice adjustable straps, and is super cute. But if you're bigger chested, look for a wider chested apron for more comfort and better coverage over your girls. Menfolk wouldn't have this problem, so this apron would work well for them.