Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: London Grey|Style Name: Set of 2|Change

on January 28, 2012
I kept buying kitchen towels and tea towels, only to find many only pushed the water around. Needless to say, I was so excited when America's Test Kitchen recommended these towels. I only wish I'd read the description more carefully, as I ordered these only AFTER first ordering the smaller size. Big or small, these super-absorbent towels can dry through a stack of pots and pans without getting sodden. I'm giving the stacks of other towels to the Salvation Army, and saving all my drawer space for these.
And in response to some other reviews - I've washed these half a dozen times already, no unravelling.
on November 22, 2014
I bought a couple sets of the grey towels and the edges shredded in the first wash. The towels absorb water very well but who cares when one wash makes them garbage. If they implemented some QC so that they could withstand 50+ washes I would buy them again as they are thick and very absorbent.
review image
on March 23, 2011
Aftre seeing this towel reviewed (and used) on America's Test Kitchen, I decided to give it a try.
It is NO exaggeration that this is THE best kitchen towel! I didn't realize how horrid all of my others had gotten, or were to begin with! I will be buying more and for presents!!
YUM!!!
on January 5, 2012
Great size! Great absorption! I do, however, follow the instructions to not use fabric softener with the towels when I wash them as the fabric softener evidently inhibits absorption. I heard this before when I purchased some egyptian cotton bath towels and have found it to be true. So, while I cannot throw the towels in with my jeans load, I do a load now of both bath and dish towels without fabric softener. I washed mine several times and haven't had any problems of coming apart at the seams as some of the other reviews say. My mother's look good too after several months and lots of washing, so I don't know if there is a bad batch of towels out there or just what is going on.
on August 29, 2011
I bought these after reading the stellar review on Cooks Illustrated and am sorry to say that I'm very disappointed. The towels worked well for about 2 weeks (they were absorbent, easy to use), but are falling apart at the seams after just 2 trips through the washer and dryer. I definitely won't be ordering more!
on January 1, 2014
I bought my first towel in a store. It is delightful to the touch - thick, soft and fluffy. The kumquat color is fun and happy. I decided I wanted to buy more, so I ordered a set from Amazon. They are the exact same towel. They look identical, except these newer ones are not as fluffy soft. They are also not as thick - I measured them by folding the towels the same way and comparing the height. They are still decent towels, but I don't get the same happy feeling when I touch them because they lack the plushness of the first one I bought. Not sure if this is a random variation or they changed the manufacturing methods to make a cheaper towel - maybe the loops are shorter or the cotton is not as high quality. I'm still giving it 4 stars because it's a good product, although I haven't been using them that long so I can't comment on how well they hold up.
on February 10, 2012
According to my research, the, Ripple Towel is suppose to be really great. Guess one can't believe all we read.

Before I used the towels I washed them. Big mistake. The edge of one towel unraveled and I will need to repair it. It will never look nice now. If after just one washing this happened I don't expect a long and productive life for these towels.

The Ripple Towel is not an inexpensive product, it just must be made that way. I will not be purchasing any more.
on September 8, 2011
I love the large size and you will too! It will spoil you. I have nice, kind of velour-terry kitchen towels which I think are more absorbent, but I have a devil of a time finding them. I am happy with the absorbency of these though; it's just due to the ribs, I think. It's better if you wipe rather than pat your hands/arms dry with these. They are GREAT for big spills and when you're in a hurry!! When laid down on a hard surface it slurps wet spills right up! The towel is so big that you still have some left over to wipe up the residual wetness too without grabbing for another towel. Ya gotta love that. I bought the pink, the light blue and the Tropic. The Tropic is a rich color--really nice. The pink is a medium pink that I really like too. The light blue is kind of a medium powderpuff. The colors are great. On a goofy note, because of their size/weight, they stay on large, slick handles better without falling off--like on your oven door handle or on the handle of those new freezers that come with french door refrigerators. I only took off one star because I wish they were a bit more absorbent.
on October 22, 2014
I have searched for several years now looking for good thirsty kitchen towels that hold a patch to the old ones I have had for years. Cook's Illustrated gave these their approval. I finally bought 4 of these towels mid January 2014 & it is now mid October. They have held up pretty well in the laundry though there is some light fading that dulls their color slightly. But the reason for the 3 stars is that already 1 of these towels is starting to fray around the edges. That I did not expect to happen. Will have to watch and see how the others hold up.
on May 18, 2014
The product is very absorbent, but not well constructed. On the second washing the edges just came apart. I am going to see if I can return for money back and would not purchase again. On the other hand the color is awesome and as described, it matches perfect all the other bali colored items.