4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the book but lots of artificial sweeteners...
I checked this book out from the library and intend on buying it. So far we have tried the Mac & Cheese (w/ Onion & Garlic Puree), Spaghetti Carbonara, Deep Dish Pizza, Nachos, & Brownies...all pretty much exactly as written and all in 3 days. The 1st three were AMAZING!! The Nachos were okay but I couldn't follow the recipe exactly due to our not having the black bean...
Published on March 14, 2010 by SwimMom

1.0 out of 5 stars It's very Blah. I gave it a good shot but nothing was worth it.
I was very excited to try this book out. I read the details and the reviews and I figured I could live with the bad desserts as long as the actual meals part turned out good. The pictures looked amazing and the ingredients weren't too difficult to find in my area.

I consider myself to be a pretty good cook and have made other meals from many other Chefs'...
Published on February 9, 2011 by dulces78

‹ Previous | 124 25 2638 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 3, 2010
This review is from: Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories (Paperback)
Love the recipes. Just having a little hard time finding a few items occasionally. But very good and low calories. Just what we needed to spice up our meals without the extra calories!

5.0 out of 5 stars comfort food with a capital T, May 9, 2010
Irene B. Comtois (Danielson, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic! Great recipes. I will use this as it's the kind of food I like to cook. Down to earth recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocco's book Rocks, April 16, 2010
A. Jones (W. Babylon, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent cook book, easy to follow and the change in ingredients to lower the calories is great. Highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, delicious food, with none of the guilt!, January 28, 2011
This is my new favorite cookbook! Everything I have made from it so far has been a huge hit - a particular favorite so far was the Chicken Pot Pie. It is weight watchers friendly - all the recipes give basic nutrition info if you want to do a quick and easy point calculation - and the food is tasty and low point values! Yeah, baby, I'm eating chicken pot pie and chicken cordon bleu and pizza on weight watchers!!!

Its also great for people who just want to eat yummy food without going overboard, though, you don't have to be losing weight to want to be healthy. The traditional versions of these dishes have dozens or sometimes nearly a hundred grams of fat, and usually over a thousand calories per serving! The versions in this cookbook are tasty and have much more appropriate nutrition values, and like I said, everything's been a huge hit around the whole table, even for the non-dieters.

Thanks Rocco!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Easy, April 18, 2010
Gina P (Bridgeport, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great variation on a lot of favorite recipies. The steps are simple and easy to follow. Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars We love this book, April 21, 2010
So far we love everything that we have made. I am not a great cook but the recipes are easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes are easy to read and make, September 16, 2014
The recipes are easy to read and make. I have tried a lot of them, and told friend to buy the book so they make the recipes and loose
weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipe updated, September 9, 2014
I love how the recipes are updated to be healthier and lower in fats and calories. Helps to give you ways to update family recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummmy!, March 7, 2010
I love this! Made the Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies today and they were delicious!! Meatloaf was great too! Very encourage that I can still have all my favorites and be healthy at the same time! Will try and stick with the recipes without Splenda for personal preference, but I am very excited to cook my way through the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition, July 10, 2010
Chris Mottola "Old Swiss" (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I've made about 1/4 of the recipes so far and have found them all to be good to excellent. The "diet" marinara has replaced my regular old school gravy, it's that vibrant.

Only caveat I would put on it is that most recipes involve meaningful prep and some items (like greek yogurt and low fat blue cheese) are hard to find depending upon where you live.

Still, a great diet conscious addition for people who like to cook. It's worth the price of the book for the pantry advice.

‹ Previous | 124 25 2638 | Next ›