5.0 out of 5 stars Top Ten Reasons To Buy This Book
1. It is not a typical "diet" book. It has recipes that are healthy, tasty, and made with real food, not processed ingredients.

2. It does not require you to hunt down wacky ingredients. Everything can be found in most any grocery store.

3. DESSERT! Actual desserts that are healthy but you will actually want to eat them!

4. Plenty of...
Published 19 months ago by D. Michelle Connelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for a real italian cook!
Got this book yesterday, returning it today. While there are some interesting ideas, this book just wasn't for me. Pasta made with egg white powder and "vital wheat gluten" (whatever that is!)...I don't think so. Olive oil that you add water and xanthan gum too...but don't cook with it or it will seperate...yum? Also, any recipe that used marinara sauce,...
Published 15 months ago by SDP

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocco's Best Book, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Now Eat This! Italian: Favorite Dishes from the Real Mamas of Italy--All Under 350 Calories (Hardcover)
Rocco Dispirito's "Now Eat This! Italian", is arguably the best book he has released! I make that statement for the following reasons:

* The book wonderfully integrates healthy recipes, cooking tips and amazing culinary photographs.
* The book consists of the best recipes from various families Rocco visited while in Italy. He worked on making the dishes shared by Italian families healthier.
* There is a tremendous amount of information in the book. It provides a historical perspective on Italian cooking, a guide to pasta selection and cooking methods to improve various dishes.
* "Now Eat This! Italian" is a great addition to either the kitchen or living room. The hard-back book is full of amazing pictures and culinary tips.

I am very excited to try the recipes and highly recommend everyone who likes Italian food to get this book. The information Rocco shares is worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs this--Not JUST for Italian food lovers...Rocco's best yet!, September 23, 2012
NET-Italian is an absolutely phenomenal cookbook!

First, I must say it's wayyyyy more than an ITALIAN food cookbook. Yes,the recipies are Italian, but the diversity of the recipes, preparations, and ingredients make this a very special and multifaceted cookbook. The Italian classics are present (ziti, mama's meatballs,chicken parm, caprese salad, risotto,linguini w/ clams, cannolis, panna cotta,etc), but does grilled Swordfish w/ Salsa Verde sound good to you? How about Lamb Loin chops with rosemary, lemon pasta w/ shrimp, Fat-free ricotta cheesecake,or pine nut cookies? It's all in there BUT the best part is there is nothing over 350 calories--AAAhh-freaking-mazing!

This is a gorgeous hardback book, with beautiful and bold color photos. Not only are the food photos glorious, but Rocco included several pics of the women who inspired these delicious recipies and of course his own mother and family pics are so sweet. You can FEEL the time, love, and passion he dedicated to producing this book.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I have all of the Now Eat this series and can VERIFY that THIS FOOD WILL NOT TASTE LIKE DIET FOOD! It is DELICIOUS and LOW CAL. If you are following Rocco's NET Diet plan (incidiently on page 350 of the book Rocco has the NETItalian food plan-which incorporates recipes from NET, NETDiet, and NETItalian) you will lose weight. I have lost 30 lbs following the NETDiet and NEVER felt deprived, hungry, or grumpy. This man is brilliant!

You NEED to buy this book! If My review hasn't convinced you then at least buy the book bc not only is Rocco a brilliant award winning chef that has helped hundred's of thousands of people live better lives, he is actually a decent human being. I have met him a couple of times and he could not be a nicer, sweeter, and more likable person! I would also recommend checking out his new cooking show (yay he's cooking again) Now Eat This w/ RD (check the tribune network stations in your area)and visiting the Now Eat This Truck in NYC.

Best wishes and congrats on deciding to buy the next NYT Best-seller cookbook!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rocco DiSpirito book, December 3, 2013
I am sure it is OK for some people. But not for me. I returned the book because it had more pictures of the author than I wanted and would have preferred more recipies and less pictures.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rocco's cookbook, August 30, 2013
The font was way too small on my ipad --so I returned it. Plus there were TOO many pictures of Rocco

4.0 out of 5 stars gotta love this book., July 31, 2013
I love to cook, love to eat but after losing 104 lbs have to continue to eat right. I recommend this book for the meatball recipe alone, well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Italian Receipes you'll want to eat., June 18, 2013
I love the way he incorporated pictures from italy and his family. It's beautifully illustrated. You see all his family and his beloved grandmother. I find myself opening the book and feel like he invited me into his world. I love italian food. I love the way he introduces you to italian products I never heard of but was inquisitive enough to try. For example, palenta. I like oatmeal, cream of wheat and making other hot cereals. He makes this dish with Palenta. The bright yellow color reminds me of a corn meal hot cereal dish my Mom would make for me at breakfast when I was a child. I tried but didn't like maybe because I bought the wrong Palenta I bought it in a solid instead of a dried mix, It might have made all the difference. I will try again with the dry mix. I definately recommend the book if you follow his recipes to the letter.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!!!!, May 8, 2013
I'm Italian and it is wonderful to find recipes that have been converted to slimmer versions of original ones. Have tried several ones and my husband and I think that they taste better than original ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive. Low calorie versions of Italian food., May 6, 2013
Love the recipes. Quality recipes. Taught me some minor exchanges to lower calorie counts in meals. Although finding some items are harder, the book does tell you where to go to find the products, and it also tells you the labeling (calories, fat, etc) to find close substitutes. A little detective work in the beginning, but well worth it so that you can enjoy food with less calories. I am now interested in trying so of his other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Italian food - hate the calories!, May 4, 2013
This book is terrific and my half Italian husband is LOVING EVERY DISH! The techniques are easily transferable to other dishes

5.0 out of 5 stars Super good cookbook!, April 22, 2013
I am so glad I bought this book! I have made quite a few of the recipes out of it and they are Great! It's so nice to have the low calorie very delicious traditional dishes! Easy ingredients to find and use too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›