Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Now Foods Artichoke Extract 450mg, Veg-capsules, 90-Count
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 90|Change

on October 16, 2011
This helps lower your cholesterol. I take this every am. In my lab work I have noticed a good drop. I chose to stop taking statin drugs and use a natural way to reduce my cholesterol. So for it is working great.
on April 4, 2014
A search of Amazon "health and personal care" for a treatment for Crohn's disease uncovered a listing for artichoke extract. Since I had purchased Now Food Artichoke Extract 450mg to use as part of mood and focus enhancing stack, I decided to try just the artichoke extract for a serious Crohn flareup. Can't be sure it wasn't a placebo effect, but the worst symptoms, nonstop belching and two days of burping, disappeared almost immediately after ingesting a single capsule. I've been taking one capsule a day for the past week--even had a few beers, and have had only mild stomach bloat. If the artichoke extract continues to provide this level of relief over time, I will regard this product as a life-saver.
on March 23, 2013
I use this together with Coleus Forskholii extract and caffeine in the CILTEP (Chemically Induced Long TErm Potentiation) supplement combination. This brand of artichoke extract works well, and is very reasonably priced. It got 4 stars because the capsules don't all seem to have the same exact amount of artichoke extract in them -- sometimes I need to take 2 capsules, sometimes I need 3 capsules to get the same effects. Considering the low price, I don't mind doing that.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
I am using it to lower my bad cholesterol and for my kidney problem (I have only one kidney left), and it seems to work well.
I was able to stop using Simvastatin and thanks to Artichoke my total cholesterol level got to 144 level (in recommended range).
on November 3, 2014
A great product that works well if you want to roll your own CILTEP stack, as other reviewers have mentioned. I've only given it three stars as the jar - like all those from Now Foods - isn't airtight, meaning that the product absorbs moisture and spoils very quickly. Annoying that a good product is let down by something that would be very easy to fix. Note that the same issue affects Now Foods B-100 as well.
on March 22, 2014
learned on Dr Oz show that the artichoke extract would help to reduce my ldl cholesterol level. since i can not take statins, i took these pills about 3 weeks prior to my cholesterol test. my overall cholesterol level went down by 50 points. my ldl went down by 30 points. will continue to take these and have the test done again in May 14. we'll see what the results are then.
on April 22, 2016
Some routine blood work showed my cholesterol to be high. When looking for a natural solution I came upon some studies about Artichoke Extract and began using this product. With no other significant dietary changes my cholesterol is now within the normal range.

"In a 2001 study 143 patients suffering from high levels of total blood cholesterol and were administered with 1800 mg of artichoke leaf extract per day for a period of six weeks.
When compared to placebo the artichoke leaf extract showed a clear reduction of around 20% “bad” LDL cholesterol and 18% total blood cholesterol; the group taking the placebo reduced their total cholesterol level by around 8%."

From: [...]
on April 22, 2013
I'm using this to try and combat constipation. I guess it helps but certainly no "magic pill".
Ever since undergoing chemotherapy I've been plagued with constipation. I've tried several
natural remedies but it's a constant battle. I'd recommend trying but no full-fledged endorsement.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
there were less than 10 caps in there. Unbelievable
on February 6, 2015
I received the package yesterday and opened up the container, which states that there are 90 capsules and found only 23 in the container. WHAT A RIP OFF!!