5.0 out of 5 stars Great for repelling spiders

3.0 out of 5 stars good value, but not the best quality out there
Published 6 months ago by chef_huff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for repelling spiders, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I bought this lemon oil to repel spiders that seemed to like the inside of our new house. I put about 15-20 drops of lemon oil in a small spray bottle, add one or two drops of dishwashing liquid (to help dilute the lemon oil which is not water soluble by itself) and then fill up with water. Then I spray all the entrances into the house on the inside (door posts, windows, etc.). I also spray corners inside the house and all places where spiders might like to hide. The trick is to use this inside the house only - spiders hate lemon oil and stay out of your house. In fact, I have seen a spider die from one direct spray of this lemon water! We have not had problems with spiders since we started to use this product. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has a problem with spiders in the house. Plus your house will smell great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to write it after blasting a huge spider!, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I had this product for a bit now. I do what other sites recommend. Lemon oil + dish soap + water. I been spraying around the house just about every 3-4 weeks.

The reason im writing this now? Im in my kitchen getting some burritos ready and while im walking to the fridge I see a huge black dot on the ceiling.

I live in norcal so we don't get huge nasty spiders. We probably live in the best place in the world in terms of dangerous animals (barely any here). This one was dark black with a maroonish abdomen with the spider about the size of a half dollar.

I saw it, I was like "aw snap." It was like my whole life flash in front of me . Then in my flashback, I recall one day reading about some one mentioning on here that you can also use the prevent spray to blast spiders to death "eco friendly" style. So I got my spray and snuck up on it like Call of Duty style and blasted the fool. Sucker fell down from the ceiling balled up. I blasted it some more. Then I gave it its proper burial.... wrapped the sob up in toilet paper and flushed it down the throne... porcelain throne.

If this lemon oil combo didn't work, that spider could easily be typing up a taunt telling how the lemon oil didn't work but it did. I walked out alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Lemon Heaven!, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I recently started mixing up my own cleaning products to get away from using so many chemicals in my home. I've added this lemon oil to the toilet bowl cleaner I made (borax, washing soda and lemon oil) and homemade furniture polish (olive oil, vinegar and lemon oil). I've even added it to the organic unscented floor cleaner that I purchased.

We used to have very obvious pet odors, but after a couple weeks of cleaning with this oil, the odor is gone, and my whole home has a light lemon scent. The scent is not over-powering like a chemical lemon scent might be. It just smells clean.By the way, the scent lasts about 3 days on floors, longer on our wood furniture, but the pet odor has not returned at all.

I've been using NOW products and supplements for years and have always found them to be good quality. My next experiment will be homemade laundry soap (castile soap and borax dissolved in hot water) with a bit of NOW Foods Lavender Oil, 2 ounce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lemon Scent EVER! Will make you pucker!, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
The best lemon oil I've ever bought, very real lemon scent. I used it all over the house, but especially in the fridge, around the gaskets etc. Very clean, delicious scent for my food areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for laundry stains, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I use this when making home made laundry soap. Not only does it gives it a great smell it's good for fighting germs and helping with stains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Lemon Oil, May 10, 2007
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
Very good item! Can be diluted with any plain oil, such as almond, apricot, canola, ...to impart a pure, naturally fresh scent to your skin. If you like the lemon scent, this oil is great to have. Be sure to dilute -it's very strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 5, 2012
All I can say is this----> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered 2 bottles
Took a chance on this. Its amazing! A Few Drops in the oil warmers
and also a few drops on the Furnace filter.
The Place smells AMAZING and FRESH!!!!!!!!!
Will Re order this for sure.
So worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lemony Smell!, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
We bought this to use in our air cleaner that uses water. The smell is lemony fresh and very natural. It's super nice and smells like fresh lemons. You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars freah clean smell: lasted for the duration, September 13, 2011
it had a strong lemon fragrance that last for the whole 'burn' that I had on the incense cup. Loved that it was not too pungent at all, but not so 'soft; that you could not even pick it up. Will last me a long time for sure! good value

3.0 out of 5 stars good value, but not the best quality out there, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
I have been a fan of Plant Therapy essential oils and always pleased with the quality and purity, but for the amount I use I needed to find a more reasonably priced product. The Now essential oils are nice and aromatic, but they just don't seem to last as long or be quite as strong as others I have used. For example, I add a couple drops to a load of laundry and can usually smell whatever oil I added after the clothes are dry, but with these I find myself having to add alot more to get the same result. They are not a bad product, definatly a good value, but not the most potent on the market.

Now Foods Essential Oil, Lemon, 4 Fluid Ounce