Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Size: 10 oz|Change
Price:$8.69+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 7, 2013
This powder dissolves faster tan flakes. Make sure to adjust your measurements. I like to use 1/3 of the amount of flakes called for

EX: 1 tablespoon of flakes = 1 teaspoon of powder,
1cup of flakes = 5Tablspoons + 3/4teaspoon (or 1/4cup + 1TBspn + 3/4teaspoon)
on November 29, 2012
I mostly use nutritional yeast as a popcorn topper. I also add it into other recipes where parm or other cheeses are called for.

Initially, I was disappointed that I had bought powder instead of flakes, but it works way better as a popcorn topper and dissolves/combines faster than flakes. Since this is a powder, you may want to use a little less than a recipe calls for.
on December 29, 2013
I purchased this in the early days of beginning a whole foods plant-based no oil/sugar eating plan, so the taste of real cheese was still fresh in my brain. I found this listed on the Esselstyn diet safe foods list as a cheese substitute so I ordered some. When I received my order I was very excited to try it, believing that I could recreate my favorite dishes by replacing the cheese with this stuff. The smell was . . . well . . . nasty, and the flavor was more like something that shall not be mentioned in a public review than "cheesy". Oh, how disappointed I was. I remembered one of the women in Forks Over Knives saying that she needed to try things at least 3 times before she decided if she liked them or not. So I stuffed it in the fridge and mourned the loss of cheese for a couple more months.

One day I was making pasta sauce from scratch and decided I'd give it another try. I added small amounts at a time and was really pleased with the results, something like a Parmesan taste in the sauce. Maybe the memory of real dairy cheese needed to be diminished before I could appreciate the nutty cheesy taste of this stuff, but I like it much better now. I use it in anything that needs a buttery or cheesy flavor, but never as a main note in the recipe. I'm now 6 months dairy free, so the casomorphin is gone and the fat receptors in my brain have turned off. So if you're expecting it to be "just like cheese", it's not. But if you're looking to try something new that adds a bit of richness to your oil free non-dairy eating plan, give it a try!
on November 27, 2010
I am a vegan..mostly raw. My downfall has been cheese.
This product has a cheesy taste and helps me with my cravings.
on August 27, 2013
All I can say is this is hard to find, so I got it here. You can find
flakes, but not the powder. It's supposed to curb the appetite,
but I'm not sure. It tastes cheesy. I put it on popcorn and it is very
delicious, so I keep on eating.
on November 24, 2012
This product seems like a good deal for me. I use nutritional yeast a lot to flavor soups (makes them taste heartier, try it!) and it's very convenient to have it in a sturdy, resealable container like this.

This is yeast powder. I've also gotten yeast "flakes" in the bulk section of the grocery store before, those are much bigger. I prefer the powder for something like soups because it dissolves almost instantly in the broth.

Very handy to have if you cook vegan recipes as it has a bit of a cheesy flavor.
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2012
This product surprised me. It was my first time trying it and I was impressed. It mixed very well in my smoothies and did not have a funny after taste or smell. Very good
on June 14, 2013
A friend recommended this for the flavor and non-gassy qualities over brewer's yeast. I have no problem with brewer's yeast and I'm not a vegetarian, but I did like vegan mac&cheese made with this stuff
on January 5, 2014
My kids and I love sprinkling nutritional yeast on our popcorn and used the flakes for quite a while, but this is even better as it really sticks to the popcorn and doesn't just fall to the bottom. I've tried a few other brands of nutritional yeast powder and they just don't taste the same as this. We will keep buying this!
on February 4, 2014
I bought this with a hope to recreate an extremely delicious mac & "cheese" recipe I ate at a vegan restaurant.
My version wasn't nearly as delicious.
I don't know if it was the recipe or the yeast, but it was missing something.
I now use this to sneak a little protein into my toddler's pasta. The texture is a little weird, but she still eats it.