Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Size: 500|Change

on January 25, 2013
I was taking a multi-vitamin at the time and an anti-inflammatory medication. I started with 3000 mg of spirulina (now foods) and the first day I took two 10 mg tablets of the vinpocetine (Source Naturals, 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch). I didn't go to sleep until after 3 a.m. that night, attributing this to the vinpocetine. I decreased the vinpocetine to just one 10 mg tablet in the morning after that and had no more difficulties going to sleep. The vinpocetine definitely made me more focused and it seems to have helped my memory. I didn't expect such a quick reaction to the vinpocetine. Sometime during the first week of taking the spirulina I noticed that several bumps (calcium deposits) under my left eye had disappeared. I wasn't expecting or looking for this result. The calcium deposits had been there for years and I reasoned that it was the spirulina as I have not changed my diet. After that I started to look for other results. I had numerous skin tags around my neck which are thinning out and getting smaller. I was expecting to have them cut off at my next yearly check-up. I also had a bump on my leg a little bigger than a pencil eraser, approximately 1/8" above the skin surface. It is just above skin level now.

Feb.23, 2013: Since the initial review my wife has taken the spirulina. She was losing hair when showering in the mornings. I ask her to take the spirulina since she was so impressed with my results. Two to three days later she noticed a dramatic change in her hair loss. After about a week she was losing very little hair at all. She just recently stopped taking it and the hair loss started again. She has resumed taking the spirulina and the hair loss is starting to subside again. I hope this review helps someone.
66 comments|281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2016
Spirulina is an excellent dietary supplement, and as a vegetarian, is one I probably couldn’t do without. It’s a complete protein that has all of the necessary amino acids, and it is a supposed great source of energy. The last bit was my motivation in taking spirulina, I’ve been like a slug for the past few months and I can’t seem to get my energy up. I’ve also been taking an additional supplement for focus, but the energy I haven’t seemed to get together. Got this brand of spirulina in the mail and started taking it, and within a week I started feel a slow and steady increase in the amount of energy I have on a daily basis. After a month, my increase in energy was so apparent that people at work sometimes comment on it. What’s also good is that I was worried about mixing it with the other supplement I take, Nootropx - Ultimate Brain Vitamin for Limitless Brain - Mental Focus and Concentration with Memory Enhancement Supplement - Unlock Your Brain Potential and Improve Memory Power ( 90 Caps), but it hasn’t interfered, if anything it’s increased the potency of the nootropx and made me more focused and clear. I give the Now Foods brand version a five.
on November 11, 2013
Positive side I've been buying this product for years with great results! Since back in 2010 (which if you look closely 2010, 2011 is when most of the really positive reviews are)

Now the past year it's been completely different. Started getting really bad stomach pain but since I'd been taking these for so long I assumed it was just something I ate. After it kept happening I made sure to only take the spirulina and sure enough that's what was causing it. Stopped taking it and threw the rest away because taking something that's suppose to improve health isn't really working if it makes you sick.

Called the customer service and after a bunch of the usual back and fourth they told me they now source their spirulina from *India* instead of *Hawaii* that's a HUGE difference and anyone that's ever been to India, although it's a beautiful country, has massive sanitation issues.

I've completely stopped purchasing all of my NOW Foods products. Used to be a big fan of the MCT oil, K2, Super Enzymes, Vitamin D, Magnesium Citrate, etc, etc they were my go to brand. Seems to me that they've gotten to big over the years and I don't trust a health food company whose main concern is their bottom line.

Not going to name a brand and turn this into some advertisement but will strongly recommend that if you're going to take spirulina to improve your health purchase something that's sourced from Hawaii.
77 comments|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2010
I started taking spirulina and chlorella tablets and my digestive system is much more efficient and I have a lot more energy. I prefer the tablets to powder due to the taste.
11 comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
I had read all of the reviews on this product and did a lot of online research on Spirulina and was anxious to try it for myself. I am always very honest in my reviews so I wanted to make sure to try it for a while before writing anything.

I started taking 1 tablet and then added a tablet every couple of days so that my body could adjust to it gradually. I am also taking NOW Chlorella as well because I read about how well the products work together. What I do now is I take 2 of each tablet in the morning, 2 at lunch, and 2 before bed.
I am in love with these! Within the first few days I noticed an increase in energy and overall better feeling. I've been taking them now for about 3 weeks and my nails are growing faster than I've ever seen. They are also very hard and they look amazing. I am able to eat better because I don't get so many cravings between meals, so I've also noticed that I've lost a few pounds already. I have also noticed that I can focus on things better.

You have to make sure to drink a lot of water while taking these. I read about a lot of people have stomach issues while taking these. Let me be honest--during the first week I did and I also broke out on my face a little bit, but after doing research I learned that it sometimes happens while your body is detoxing and flushing toxins out of your body. I am not having these issues anymore now that my body has had some time to get used to both the Spirulina and Chlorella.

As for the taste--many people have said they taste gross. They just taste like seaweed to me. I don't mind the taste at all. It's not like I'm chewing the tablets or letting them sit in my mouth forever. I just swallow them with water and I'm fine.

Oh yeah, another great thing? This company does not use fillers in the tablets, which I love. The tablets are 100% green with no tiny colored specks so you are getting just the Spirulina. Not alot of other companies can say that.

I've gotten my fiance' hooked on these pills as well. He was surprised at how great he felt within a matter of days. They are great for so many health issues and conditions and are worth a try!
11 comment|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
When I first read the ingredients it had nothing listed but the spirulina. So I ordered the big bottle, but when I got it, it had a lot of fillers listed as well. Nothing you wouldn't find on any other vitamin bottle, but I wanted pure, so I had to send it back. The 180 tablet bottle is the only one I've found (other than powders) that is pure, 100% spirulina.
1111 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
I started using Spirulina apprx. 2 months ago. I originally started using the powder and plcing it in the blender with my juice and my flax seed every am. I changed to pills for convenience, but the added benefit of being regular, higher energy levels, is worth all the pill swallowing. Highly recommend, NOW brand was recommended in articles I read because of the clean source of theit algae.
11 comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
This supplement is very useful in getting the inflammation and redness down from your hand when you have rheumatoid arthritis. My mom uses it and it has been the only thing that works.
on December 19, 2012
When I first opened this bottle of ORGANIC spirulina I was greeted with the foul scent of fish food or cat food. Yeah, it smells like that, and it tastes about as off. You probably won't be able to get your kids to try this stuff and if you have a weak stomach you'll need to find another brand.

I bought another bottle of spirulina from Source Naturals and it smells as pleasant as the chlorella (which tastes like wheat grass to me) but still tastes less preferable than chlorella. I recommend buying from other organic brands only if you can afford it. NOW gives you much more value if you take the MG and tablet count into consideration.

I wouldn't go so far as to give this a 1 star rating. I've taken nearly the entire bottle and I haven't experienced any ill side effects from the spirulina. It clearly isn't harmful -- just very unpleasant to your sense of smell and taste. Because of the cheap price it definitely deserves more than 1 star.
review image review image review image
My husband was diagnosed with hyperthyrodism and unfortunately he receieved radiation and was made hypothyroid. Well he was always tired and to date he has not been made stable via medicine and its been 9 years. But I must say since he has switched doctors and started the spirulina he is feeling and doing much better.
A friend who is very much into herbal medicine and a personal trainer told my husband about these pills. He started these pills at the end of 2010 and after starting them he reported feeling more energy. He says that he can feel the difference when he doesn't take them. He was told by his doctor not to take the these pills at the same time as his levothyroxine because it interferes with the body abosorbing the thyroid medicine.
He use to get tired at work around 2pm but now that has not occured. He has energy and is definitely grateful for this product. As always before starting anything you should seek the advice of a medical professional. Looking forward to getting him the next bottle!
66 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse