Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: 200 SoftgelsPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on June 9, 2011
Lecithin is more commonly found in a soy version; sunflower lecithin is the better form.

I was taking 4/day for a couple weeks and now 1 capsule/day to manage a rather large galactocele (milk breast cyst). Lecithin is thought to reduce the stickiness of breastmilk. This could be helpful for nursing mothers who experience blocked milk ducts, mastitis, and galactoceles.
33 comments81 of 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
I had a MASSIVE (the size of my fist) clogged milk duct (possibly a galactocele judging by the size and the fact that it was rock hard and not painful)for about 4 days when I got my shipment. As soon as I got it, I took 2 pills, waited about an hour, then took a hot shower then got to pumping. I got twice as much milk as I had been getting the past few days, and the lump was gone! I had tried everything! From hot compresses, massage, nursing on all fours with babies chin pointed toward the lump, and nothing worked. I absolutely believe this is what did it for me. Highly recommend!
0Comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
As an exclusive pumper (meaning that my babies didn't latch, so I have to pump without ever nursing directly), reducing the amount of time I'm on the pump or the number of clogs I experience is very important. This stuff does the trick! I didn't think it would work, but I was desperate after getting a massive clog that I couldn't get to release after five days of trying. I started taking this and it went away immediately. I kept taking it and I emptied completely every time, which helped boost my supply a couple of ounces. I ran out and BAM another clog. Waiting on my next shipment, so I can keep this up. I've been pumping for my twins for nineteen months now and this stuff is going to help me make my two year goal!
99 comments88 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
I am allergic to soy, which has been the only source of lecithin. Lecithin is a critical factor for memory and brain function. I am happy to have a anon-soy lecithin!
0Comment39 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2013
One of the few vitamins that I've taken that actually worked well in a short amount of time. Would recommend to anyone that is having brain fog problems.
22 comments28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
I am in my 60's, and I am a big guy weighing almost 400 lbs. My ankles and knees were really hurting 5 years ago. A gal at work suggested that I start taking lecithin because it is good for healing bones & joints. Back then I bought a supply lecithin. I started taking a single 1200 mg capsule each day. Within two to three weeks, 85% of my pain was gone. I was amazed at the results. Since I felt so good, I decided to take a capsule every morning and evening. Two capsules a day did not improve my health. Worse, I started sweating lecithin and wrecked several light blue work shirts stained with the lecithin oil.... I now only take one a day...

I have recommended it to friends who have Rheumatoid arthritis in their hips and other joints with similar results. This WILL NOT help nerve damage issues and probably doesn't cure Rheumatoid arthritis. But it is a great way to reduce pain from inflammation of joints.

Regards,
0Comment50 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I breastfeed my son who is now almost 9 months old and sometimes I can't believe I made it this far given the fact that I used to have plugged milk ducts, blebs, etc. I finally found Sunflower Lecithin (Now brand) through another mom who had the same problem and she swore it handled her plugged ducts so that she never got them anymore. I was doubtful but also hopeful. Well, I can say that now that I credit this supplement with my ability to continue breastfeeding after I almost gave up at 3 months! I have to be sure to take it religiously or I clog again, but I don't mind because it's a small price to pay to be able to keep breastfeeding. It's been especially helpful in my transition back to work as I pump when I'm there and pumping used to just not be an option at all before I found this product, and it permits me to keep giving him breast milk even though I'm working. I'm not even sure what other uses it has haha, but to be honest, it has been a LIFESAVER with breastfeeding. It changes the consistency (not quality) of the breastmilk so that it just can't clog and I would highly, highly, highly recommend this to any breastfeeding momma! Even if you don't clog, you should have this on hand in case you ever do in the future because it can handle clogs LONG before they turn into mastitis. Okay I'm rambling now. But I seriously love this product and what it has enabled my son and I to keep doing and I am SO thankful it exists and for the mom who told me about it.
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2015
I have dealt with stomach issues my whole life. In the last 2 years, for some reason, I have been plagued with daily nausea. No matter what I took it wouldn't go away. I've been on Prilosec and Ondansetron for years and they haven't made much difference. A family member recommended lecithin. After taking it for 2 weeks, my nausea was a thing of the past! I even emailed my doctor (who's been working with me for years on trying to figure out what was wrong with my stomach) and told him about my results with lecithin. He said that he would be recommending it to his other patients with chronic stomach issues. I highly recommend this for anyone dealing with acid reflux, IBS, or nausea. I've been taking it now for 2 months and the great results have still continued.
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2015
I read that these supplements can improve cholesterol levels. And sure enough my most recent blood test was the best one I've had in years. This product is a good price and works.
on December 3, 2014
The only kind of Lecithin supplement you should take. Avoid the soy based one as it has estrogens in it and you do not want that. Do not take more than 9 pills a day or you will get a strange smell (like greasy french fries).

Lecithin is a vital ingredient that the body needs to repair the cell walls of your Mitochondria amongst other things.

This product will not make you lose weight, but it will improve mental focus (quite well actually) and other areas. It can add in weight loss and muscle building mainly because if your body is healthier than everything functions better.

I recommend this product strongly to anyone who has A.D.D or A.D.H.D or any kind of issues focusing at school or work.