5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Me Laugh Out Loud
Published on May 13, 2011 by BBB

1.0 out of 5 stars Read three pages
This book was so bad that I never got more than three pages in. It was poorly written, boring, and at times barely readable due to spelling and grammar.
Published 14 months ago by Dannette Elaine Calderin

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Me Laugh Out Loud, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Paperback)
My first encounter with Jim Mullen was while he was doing a signing in Hobart, NY ("the book village") for his book, It Takes a Village Idiot. He was charming, sitting a little table talking to anyone and everyone... and I bought ten copies of the book...little knowing that it would soon be one of my favorites and I would be mailing it to friends all over the country. I now have a second favorite book..."Now in Paperback" (was it ever in hardcover, Jim?)...musings by the wonderfully observant Jim Mullen on everything from weddings to weather. Jim can make even the must mundane daily activities fun! I wholeheartedly recommend this book, and if you haven't already read It Takes a Village Idiot, by all means buy both!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not hysterically funny but entertaining, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
I picked up this book free during an Amazon giveaway. Collection of short humorous essays from Mullen's newspaper column.

Enjoyable, and each stand-alone piece is short enough to pick up when you won't have uninterrupted reading time. Not hysterically funny but entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now in Paperback, July 13, 2011
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Paperback)
This book made me chuckle repeatedly, laugh out loud and annoy my husband by reading sections to him every few minutes, whether he wanted me to or not. Jim Mullen has a way of making the most of every day embarassing moments and I particularly like the relationship with his long-suffering wife. Any normal couple can relate, any abnormal couple too, and any person that if unable to laugh at their own mistakes, foibles and opinions can certainly laugh at Mr. Mullen's. Good read, good gift. Love it. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Even funnier than the first time I read it!, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
Maybe good writing improves with age, like some wines. I downloaded this several years ago, and it was good enough that I kept it on my Kindle in the "Humor" collection (one of only nine books there.) Reread it today and lost count of how many times I started laughing uncontrollably. Jim has the same problems we all have (family, finances, colonoscopy-induced gas) but he's much funnier than the rest of us when he talks about them. You won't regret getting this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
Very well written tales of how humor can be found in real life situations. Anyone that has ever read Dave Barry or Erma Bombeck would enjoy! I normally don't read this type of book, but have enjoyed it immensely!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun to Read, October 30, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
This was a free download from Amazon to my Kindle. Thank you!

'Now in Paperback' was a quick read for me. I found myself laughing out loud! I even read some of the shorter, funnier sections to my husband. I did not know who Jim Mullen was since any newspaper I have ever subscribed to has never run his column.

This book is a compilation of some of Mr. Mullen's newspaper columns. Very enjoyable, well-written, just plain fun to read. It seems all this author has to do is keep up with the daily news and use his vivid imagination to write his next column. Great job and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, September 19, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
This was a good read; funny, lighthearted, and right on the mark. Suitable for all ages. It would be a perfect gift for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars my brother in law, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
for years my brother in law has been telling side splitting stories on himself
if you want to laugh until your sides hurt buy this book,the author is fun funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars short attention span funny, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
This is such an interesting collection of op eds with varied content, yet all very relatable and quick to the point!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn funny, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Now in Paperback! (Kindle Edition)
I got quite a few good laughs out of this book. The author nails some things right on the head, like the kids in the airport who's parents don't watch them. I liked it.

Now in Paperback!
Now in Paperback! by Jim Mullen (Paperback - April 15, 2011)
$11.95 $10.65