Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Now is the Time to Do What You Love: How to Make the Career Move that Will Change Your Life
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 15, 2010
Now Is The Time To Do What You Love is a practical guide for those who are looking to make a career change. Whether you are just starting to explore options or you are further along and want to ensure you haven`t forgotten anything in the decision making process, this book is very helpful. It provides insight into new careers and considerations for going back to school including online learning as an option. As a woman in my mid 40`s with more than 20 years experience in Staffing and Recruitment, I knew that I was burnt out and yet wanted to continue to help people. A number of people suggested I get into Coaching. Although my mind was already churning, this book was the catalyst for positive change in my life. You`re not going to get what you want by complaining about it. You need to take the steps to get you there and Nancy Whitney-Reiter can do that in just 233 pages. Just 6 months later I am now doing what I love which is Coaching people through positive change. I now have a lifestyle, not a workstyle. My core values are aligned. I share similar views as the Author and in fact believe in this book so much so that I have purchased copies for family members and clients. It is also listed as recommended reading on my blog. As the back cover says what are you waiting for!
on May 14, 2010
I found Nancy's book a breath of fresh air full of ideas and hope for anyone who's been faced with change during difficult times in their lives. Nancy's insight and sharing other people's stories make you realize you are not alone.

I enjoyed what other people chose to do with their time and I felt encouraged to try to do something in my life that would benefit other people. I wanted to do something that would enrich my life. Nancy's book does that; it enriches your life and fills you with hope and ideas.

There are plenty of negative stories in the press and in the world so reading a book that give you a positive spin on change is good for the heart and good for the soul. Good going, I've told my friends buy this book; buy this idea; change the world.
on January 10, 2010
Dreams, some say, will take up as much space as we allow. According to Nancy Whitney-Reiter, most of us spend our careers trying to achieve success as it's defined by others rather than proactively following our dreams and doing what we love. Yet, "Now is the time to do what you love" makes clear that ill-defined career-change goals may remain pipe dreams if we take no action or may become nightmares when we fail to consider realities and create a comprehensive plan.

After establishing the rationale for changing careers sooner rather than later, Whitney-Reiter leads readers through a frank assessment of exactly how their dream jobs will impact that lives, their emotions, their finances, their physical condition and their families. She includes pros and cons, examples, reality checks and "Is-It-Worth-It?" checklists.

When considering finances, for example, the checklist includes such statements as "I am willing to invest a significant amount of time on understanding and improving my financial picture" and "I understand that my expenses might actually rise during my transition between careers." If one doesn't agree with such statements, s/he may face roadblocks to his or her success.

After successfully working through the advice and checklists in part one, part two leads career-change dreamers into "Taking the Plunge." To avoid the financial and emotional nightmare of becoming trapped in a new career that doesn't meet expectations, one should make a sound written plan and find various ways for trying on the proposed career to see if it fits.

"Jumping into a new career," says Whitney-Reiter, "is akin to jumping into an unknown river. It may look beautiful and inviting from a distance, but you really have no idea what it's like until you become immersed in it. Sticking your big toe in--taking a trial run--allows you the opportunity to test the waters first."

Part three analyzes the realities and requirements of popular career and second-career choices, including converting hobbies into money-making opportunities, leading travel groups, teaching and care-giving, social work, public speaking, nonprofits, real estate and law enforcement. Those considering these careers will find options, laws, certifications and other vital specifics. Others may discover a career they hadn't yet thought of and/or sound examples of the kinds of considerations any new career includes.

Immensely well organized and practical, "Now is the time to do what you love" is the perfect companion for anyone who is dissatisfied with their current career and/or who is considering a second career after they retire from the first. To become viable realities, dreams require work. Whitney-Reiter's experience, research and interviews show those ready to take the journey the important milestones to leaving a job that's just a job and entering a fulfilling career doing that makes them personally feel successful and happy. The book is a very wise dream catcher.
on January 20, 2010
Nancy Whitney-Reiter has written another information-packed book on the art and science of achieving success -- the kind of success that's "not of a summit you reach after a lifetime of climbing, but a feeling you experience daily when you're doing what you love." Utilizing interviews compiled during a seven-year study on successful career change, along with her own experiences, Nancy demonstrates that change is something to be embraced, not feared, and that the journey toward your dream job is part of the road you're truly supposed to be traveling.
on May 15, 2010
I found the book a fast and fun read fun of inspiration! Adrienne van Dooren author of The House That Faux Built
on April 11, 2010
I was already losing interest from the breezy, tossed off way the author treats some pretty serious stuff when she cites the author of "The Alchemist" to explain fear of success. Hardly a source to rely on for critical life planning. Her advice and thinking throughout is equally spurious and flacid. This reads like a fluff magazine piece. Too bad it didn't remain one. The other (at this point two) glowing reviews have all the gloss and slickness of PR spin doctors too. Clearly the author is better at self promotion than substance. Don't bother with this one.
on May 20, 2010
This book made me realize it's never too late for a life-defining transformation. The book gave me the courage to consider things that I previously thought impossible. The practical information in this book was presented in an enjoyable and useful format. I recommend "DO WHAT YOU LOVE" to anyone contemplating a significant change in their career or life path.