Nowhere to Run [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Who is he? Sam Gillen, a criminal on the loose
2. Which family member/friend must be avenged? His friend Billy, who breaks him out of police custody, and Clydie (Rosanna Arquette), a worn down widow and mother of two youngsters
3. Does he take his shirt off? In one of the most disturbingly inappropriate images possible in a movie, Sam is completely naked in front of Clydie's children. Luckily, the viewers are spared.
4. Does he have sex with a C-List actress? In one of his most provocative sex scenes ever, Sam and Arquette do a little carnal gymnastics (JCVD gets to a legit second base on film).
5. Is there a tournament? JCVD steers away from his kumite roots in this one.
6. Is training needed for this tournament? He clearly trained and prepared in some way, because he beats everyone down, has a law degree, understands the nuances of the animalistic fright-versus-flight dynamic, is an accomplished motorcycle stuntman, and knows how to drive a forklift.
7. Does he do the splits in training or in the tournament? Sorry JCVD fans, no splits.
8. Does he punch someone in the balls? In the first fight of the movie, one unfortunate guy gets an axe handle to the jewels.
9. Does he do a series of flying or 360 kicks? No jumping of flying in this one.
10. Is his enemy unbeatable? Essentially he's fighting "The Man" and "The System"; so, it depends on your point of view.
11. Does he overcome an injury or other hindrance? It's possible that he had some broken ribs, but that didn't stop him from fixing Clydie's pipes.
12. Does he win? Hmmm...Read more ›
"Nowhere to Run" is not a great film. The plot is lifted directly from some old western and is utterly contrived and predictable, and the two young children seem to only be included in the story in order to emotionally manipulate the audience. Jean Claude Van Damme doesn't even get to show off his martial arts skills all that much. Nevertheless, in spite of all of the above, somehow this film managed to work, and I enjoyed it more than many films that are far better made. It is a fun, mindless action movie that kept me entertained and didn't tax my brain too much. Sure, the script is laughably bad at times (in particular the romance elements and any scenes involving Van Damme's relationship with Clyddie's son), but that just added to the entertainment value. Provided that you go into this film not expecting too much, you too will probably enjoy it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Action right from the start. Van Damme puts on a good show. He's made some mistakes that haunt him. He finds love but then trouble finds him. Good story and acting. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Roger Weston
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. This is not your Bloodsport, Expendables 2 Van Damme kind of movie. This movie has a little more heart and drama thrown into it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Steven McKenna
I know this isn't in the movie, him & Billy the one who rescues him while on his way to prison pull off a bank robbery. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer