5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER BRIGHT
Published on December 29, 2009 by G. Eden

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after three months
Initially, this light was very good. It worked well, but, after three months, it completely stopped working. Before it stopped working, I was very satisfied with the light, finding it to be bright, compact and seemingly well made. If this light had not failed, I would give it 5 stars, and I accept it may be a statistical anomaly that it broke, but mine is broken.
Published on September 6, 2009 by Tree Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER BRIGHT, December 29, 2009
This review is from: Nu-Flare 77R92L Ultrabright Luxeon LED Aluminum Flashlight, Gumetal, 210 Lumens (Misc.)
STOP looking, this is the one! This is the brightest compact flashlight I have ever seen in my 30 years of law enforcement. It is bright enough to light up a roof top, dark alleys and search open fields. I have owned MANY flashlights and in my career and this is a no nonsense solution to extremely bright light in the palm of your hand. The light output is superior to s***fire and b***khawk products which cost over $100.00. Two quality checks that I will need to make is: how will it hold up in police work and battery life? MOST flashlights that use the 3 volt lithium batteries require regular battery replacement. The batteries lasted several months with daily use and works GREAT! HIGHLY recommend! Purchased an additional light April 2010!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still testing...but lives up to 'hype', January 7, 2009
The name/model of this flashlight is pretty impressive-sounding with all those numbers and letters, but I must admit, it functions as well as the photos and description show. I really wanted a flood-type light, and some were available (as it says in the description) from an 'overseas' source. And, I was dubious about buying from them. So, I opted for this one, and I'm not disappointed. For the flood characteristic of the spot-to-flood zoom, the light covers an entire wall from the distance of 'standing in a doorway of an average size (apt.) bedroom'. And, there's just a little loss of light (althouh there IS some) when you zoom-out to 'flood'. But, there's no black spot throughout the zooming range (unlike those old krypton zoom flashlights that took a decent spot, and simply diffused it beyond useability when you spread the light to a 'flood area'.) I have to say something negative, so I'll say that I wish it fit the hand a little better. I like the diameter of a Maglight, and this one is only the diameter of a CR123 battery. But at least it has a nice size lanyard that fits around the wrist to give you a more ceratin 'grip'. By the way, there are some Amazon merchants selling this item at around $40, and I recommend not going over that price...that's what I paid (with real inexpensive shipping added on).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Flashlight., February 7, 2011
Length:: 0:29 Mins

I Must Say That This Flashlight Has Been On My List For About A year And A Half Now. I Was Skeptical About Buying It Before So I Never Did, I Own A Couple Of Other Lights Such As Olights,Fenix,Surefire,And A Smith And Wesson And They Are All Great In Their Own Aspect. I Finally Decided To Purchase This Light About A Week Ago And So Far I Been Messing With It Every Night Once The Sun Goes Down. I Wasn't Used To The Square Beam Instead Of A Circle Like Other Lights But I Got Adjusted It, After Using It Daily I Must Admit This Flashlight Is Truly Amazing, It Is So Freaking Bright It Literally Outshines Most Of My Lights While They Are In Turbo Mode, I Like The Fact That When You Point At An Object, A Large Amount Of Light Covers That Area And No Lie Its Blinding White, I Searched This Light On Youtube Many Times But I Couldn't Find Any So I Decided To Make A Quick Vid Outside Just To Show You This Amazing Light, I Hope You Guys Are Convinced Because I Certainly Was!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing flashlight!, December 19, 2009
Pros:
Brighter than ANY other LED light I have ever seen (including expensive 30 LED lights).
Adjustable beam (this is why I bought this light over Smith and Wesson Luxeon Rebel 5 Watt Tactical Flashlight).
No dark circle, ever, just even, bright, white light.
Compact, with roll guards on it.
Considering what you're getting, the price is great.
Very durable and feels good in your hand.

Cons:
Takes an odd photo battery type (CR123A) at about $2 per battery.
Batteries don't last but about 13 hours (according to the packaging, but I haven't experimented with this yet).

Summary:
I bought this light mainly because the picture shows no blind spots, which I hate in a flashlight. The square spotlight beam is also a good feature because I find it more useful than a normal circle beam. Don't think that when it comes to LED flashlights, the more bulbs the better, look for flashlights like this one that have either a Luxeon Rebel or Cree LED bulb (one of these bulbs can do what 20 or 30 of others can). Another great thing about this flashlight is that it is so bright that when the power goes out at my house, you can turn on the light, point it at a light colored cieling, and the entire room will light up enough to do almost anything you could with power. This light is so good, in fact, I'm ordering 3 of another model of this light (Nu-Flare Ultra- Compact 78R91AA Luxeon Rebel 90 6W LED Flashlight - Zoom Focus, Use One AA Battery 100 Lumens, Bright and Efficient) to stock my house with.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOOOHOOO!!, August 10, 2011
This flashlight has the button sensitive enough to lightly press it for "momentary on" which means you don't need to click it to flash the light which means its good for TACTICAL PURPOSES!

When I'm out at night and I need to travel on foot or bike I can carry this and just in case any think dangerous might attack me, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM BLINDED!!! You can strobe it by lightly pressing it on and off without having to click it repeatedly, which means you will also be quiet in case you are in your home trying to catch a burgler.

THIS THING IS BLINDING!!! IT MAKES A GREAT SELF-DEFENSE WEAPON, ESPECIALLY WHEN PAIRED WITH A KNIFE. It will blind dogs, cats, bears, muggers, thugs, or hoolagins lol. Blind and stab!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRIGHT, great focus system, small, won't roll, July 23, 2009
Tom D (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Well made, BRIGHT. The focus system that provides almost uniform lighting across the focus range. There's a center brighter spot though. But you won't find yourself twisting or moving the light to clarify something you're trying to look at. The switch end has a six sided design that keeps the light from rolling.

Small as it is, you probably won't want to hold this in your mouth while you work on something. It's also lighter in weight than some of the similarly sized "machined aluminum" lights. Nice gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't underestimate the power of this flashlight....it's blindingly bright!, February 10, 2009
I recently read the other review on this product and went on search for comparable flashlights at $40-$90. On E-Bay there are a lot of overestimated specs. and inflated descriptions. I recently bought a $20 xenon lamp powered by (2) CR123 batteries and not only did this Rebel 90 blow it away as to brightness, it also smoked the competition in correct white color, instead of that yellow tint. It definitely is a no brainer and I highly recommend it. I use this flashlight to commute (walk) to a bus station in the early morning hours and can attest to the fact that this product could possibly even save your life! A night time in a possible threat or mugging this blinding light could be the only weapon you need to protect yourself. Consider one for your loved one, what could hurt, especially at the reduced price of $40. Save your money on Stramlight or SureFire and buy this instead!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars small, bright but HOT, August 28, 2009
I recently ordered the Nu-Flare six watt led flashlight and let me tell you it is Bright! It is amazing that they can take a single LED (which we all have known to be dim) and juice it to produce this much light. It is using some unusual batteries (CR123A cells) which are like little squat double AA's but much stronger. When the flashlight is run for an extended period of time it will grow quite HOT. I suspect this is because the LED is drawing a full 6 watts of power which is much more than a typical flashlight would. For use as a spotlight, and to quickly illuminate a scene this is an excellent flashlight - for a long use light source (like to light up a tent etc) this is a bad choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars very bright, but gets HOT after 5 minutes, March 28, 2010
Positive traits:
-very, very bright! no dead spots, and on most focused setting could easily be used tactically
-adjustable beam is awesome!
-light weight and small
-much cheaper than well-known brands (about as bright as my $200, 200 lumen SF light, but slightly less focused beam than the SF)
-push button switch allows pressing partially for momentary lighting without full clicking on

Negative traits:
-gets HOT, and I mean way too hot to hold after only 5-10 minutes of being on (which might not be a problem if used for tactical type purposes only)
-lacks dual brightness settings to save batteries

Overall, it's a perfect light and amazing deal for anyone on a budget and the positives WAY outnumber the negatives as long as you don't need to have it on for long periods of time (because again, it gets HOT!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Flashlight!!!, December 31, 2009
Overall a very good flashlight. I was searching for a tactical switch flashlight for some time, but this one seems to be one of the best ones. It produces a very powerful, bright, and even light. Manual says "don't look directly for more than a few seconds" - I'm actually unable to look directly at it at all. I love focusing beam - very versatile and handy. Looks to be well built, time will show. I can't comment on battery life because never owned flashlight which used CR123, but specs look good. Just a note: this flashlight is very compact - about 4 inches long. I was expecting tactical flashlight to be bigger and heavier. That turned out to be a BIG plus - compact and light, no need for separate holster to hold it, simply fits in your pocket.

Pros: bright and even light; focusing beam; tactical switch; very bright light and good throw; excellent price for high-tech light.
Cons: no separate lens covering the element; only tail cap screws off, head is fixed; does not look to be waterproof; no accessories (besides batteries and lanyard)

Rate and Discover Movies