5.0 out of 5 stars NuFace Great Product
Published on April 16, 2009 by S. Kennedy

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but be careful
Published on March 25, 2011 by A Person

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but be careful, March 25, 2011
This review is from: NuFACE Microcurrent Toner for Lifting and Toning the Face (Health and Beauty)
I got this item in a small and possibly unwarranted fit of panic over a bit of loose skin under my chin (I'm 39 but regularly get mistaken for 25, so this was not a welcome sight). I decided to follow the instructions for "international customers" for the neck area on the DVD (NuFace is not FDA approved for the neck or body) and used it for about 3 weeks. It did uplift the area I was worried about, and improved the look of my skin, but I also found that it overstimulated my thyroid gland. I could feel some discomfort swallowing after use of the device and I developed symptoms related to overstimulation of the thyroid. I had to stop use of the NuFace and I did feel better so it was luckily only a temporary situation. Of course, after about a week of dis-use, the skin pretty much went back to the way it was before. I would only recommend at the most that this be used under the chin/jawline but not further down the neck as the DVD shows. Personally for me, I dont think this is a product that I can comfortably use long term due to the worrisome side effects. I'm going to look into creams and facial yoga or something else that may take longer to work, but will be better for me in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars NuFace Great Product, April 16, 2009
I received similar professional treatments at a spa at four times the price of this product. I saw Nuface at Amazon, read the reviews, and decided to give it a try. Not only am I maintaining the results I received from the professional treaments; I'm seeing improvements daily. When my friend (who also received the same professional treatments) saw my results, she immediately ordered her own Nuface. I'm very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The NuFace TRINITY it is so much better, May 29, 2012
"Cal" "review4you" (Thousand Oaks, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This older model runs off batteries which need to be replaced frequently. The new NuFace Trinity is fabulous. It is rechargeable, comes with its own charger stand. The Trinity has an ergonomic handle which makes it comfortable to hold during use. The Trinity has a removable head - the company will introduce exciting new heads which should available in 2013. The NuFace microcurrent device has many benefits. After using it for six months, my facial skin is more tone. My jowls are diminished and my jawline more defined. The change occurred slowly, at first a very subtle change. No irritations, no redness, no downtime, no problems. I prefer aloe vera gel for conductivity, it does not dry up as fast as the NuFace gel and is gentle on my sensitive skin. After one month, I really did not notice anything but I made the commitment to use it daily for 60 days, so I continued to use it. After 60 days, I believed my skin felt more toned although I still had not noticed a visual change. After 90 days, WOW! I finally "saw" a change in my jawline. After six months, YOWZA! My jowls and jawline really showed the change. Bottom line: it takes a commitment to use the device daily at first and then at least 3-5x a week after that for continued improvement and benefit. The device holds a charge quite long. I use it 5x or more a week. I typically recharge it every two weeks although it still has plenty of charge remaining, I charge it anyway. I use the device on my thighs too, a cellulite cream for conductivity.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 3, 2010
J. Lamoreaux (Washington, UT USA) - See all my reviews
I've used this pretty faithfully for several months and can't see any improvement. If it is just a subtle change, it is too subtle to see. I guess it was pretty silly of me to think that a 9-volt battery could change a 61-year-old jaw line. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, August 1, 2009
I have been using the NuFace Microcurrent Toner daily, about 3-5 minutes and I and others see the difference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, do not purchase!!!!!, February 20, 2014
I had used the nuface trinity and started getting headaches, then spoke with the company and went with their recommendations of turing down the intensity and using every other day. The headaches continued and even worsened, I finally went to my physician and he told me to absolutely stop using the nuface. After not using it for a few weeks the headaches decreased and went away.
I contacted the company in regard to my experience with the machine and wanted to return the product because they offer a 100% money back guarantee....not really. They would not accept a return nor an exchange for skin care products.
The customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with and they DO NOT OFFER A 100% guarantee like they advertise.
Rated one star only because I had to enter a rating to post the review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with customer service...device breaking., September 26, 2013
Although, I was very excited to receive this device, I have been overall very disappointed with the product and, also, with customer service. I bought the device Novemeber of 2012 and became pregnant in Feb of 2013. I stopped using the dsevice then, but the body of the deive had already started to come apart. I have not mishandled the product in any way. I just got around to calling the company and spoke with the sales supervisor who informed me she had other complaints of similar origin. She then informed me that I could send the device in and pay $71.99 to have it looked at and fixed if possible. If they were not able to fix the device I could then pay $125 to replace it (the $71.99 would NOT go towards that price). This immediatley took me by surprise because she specifically referenced other people having the same issue. Well, after thinking about it for a while I wrote the manager back with my concerns. I then got a reply saying they would waive the shipping fee and I could buy the 1 yr warranty for $49.99 which would end in Novemeber of 2013 and then I could buy the extended warrantly for $59.99 for an additional year. I am truly appalled that this is all they could offer. I do not know of many companies that do not stand by there product 100% especially within the first year. I would have thought long and hard before purchasing this if I had read a review such as this. There is a diclaimer though: I bought the device off Amazon, who they say is not an authorized dealer and, therefore, it is considered black market. Regardless, I think this is unproefessional and unacceptable. This is an expensive device, so please consider your options before you make this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Patient...it works, May 10, 2010
I have been contemplating doing something about my aging skin. I looked at thermage, Botox, and others non-surgical procedures to give my face some improvement in the wrinkle department. I stumbled across Nuface and it sounded intriging to me. It was a small investment compared to the aforementioned things so I thought why not. I expected to see some immediate results and then had to check myself and realize that I didn't get this way over night and I need to be patient and really give the product a chance to work. They advertize that it will take some time, up to 90 days (ugh) but to stick with it. I took a before picture and then started using the product. It didn't hurt at all and I got use to the slow pace needed to get the best results. I just incorporated a little ritual every day and now 3 weeks later here I am writing about it...because it WORKS!!! I happened to look at my before picture (which I highly recommend doing) and I saw it...plain as day I looked younger. My wrinkles were fading a bit and my skin looked amazing. This is a breakthrough product ladies (and men) Forget botox...get a nuface!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, May 17, 2013
Before my divorce 5 years ago, I had facials (including microcurrent) on a regular basis, at least every two months. With a divorce looming in my near future, I started looking at how I would be able to save my face knowing I would not be able to afford facials as often. My gal recommended Nu Face. I was worried about the price, and then within a few days received an insurance check for $300.00. I purchased the Nu Face. I used it sporadically and then forgot it was in a drawer, moved a few times and eventually completely forgot I had it. About 2 years ago I was so concerned about the lines at the corners of my mouth that I ended up getting Restylane injected. The lines were so deep she said she really needed 2 syringes. (I only saved enough for 1). After selling a home, moving twice, my sons wedding and shipping him off to the Marines and my daughter having a baby, I looked in the mirror one day and freaked out. My lines by my mouth were so deep and my jowls were sagging, I looked angry and tired. I looked like I had aged 10-15 years! I started looking at facial exercises, creams and finally decided I needed to seriously save money for some more injections. As I was unpacking some boxes, I ran across my Nu Face. I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I used it about 5 days a week for 4-5 weeks and went to get a facial. (She had not seen me in about 6-9 months). The first thing my gal said was "When did you get injections??" I thought I noticed a difference, but wasn't sure. Now after 9 weeks, my lines and jowls are almost gone! This product does really work!! I only wish I had taken a before picture, but I honestly did not think it would work this well.

4.0 out of 5 stars NuFace, September 18, 2009
The NuFace Microcurrent Toner arrived quickly. The DVD was informative. The product does as promised. There is no miracle here but I do think it enhances the appearance of the neck and face. I have used it for 3 weeks and have definitely seen an improvement in these areas. Lines are diminished and firmness is increased. My double chin has diminished. I have spent money on many products that have offered results but I do feel that this does what no topical treatment is able to do. I will continue to use the NuFace and look forward to continued results.

Rate and Discover Movies