Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black|Change

on January 25, 2012
I was so excited when I saw this product, and I found a coupon bringing the price down to only 50 dollars. I used it the night I got it in the mail. It does heat up very quickly and very hot. It was no light to indicate it being on or hot enough or anything. It smells when it heats up, and I'm afraid I really singed my hair. I curl my hair often, I have noraml hair, straight and normal, not thin or super thick. I only held it on the curler for 8-10 seconds (because holding it for less wasn't curling my hair) It does not have heat settings, it is so hot, my poor hair smells burnt! Not good. I have done this same type of curl with my regular clamp curling iron (just leaving it closed and wrapping around) and it worked very well, and did not singe my hair. I was expecting something amazing from this iron, all I got was a smelly room (from the iron heating) and smelly hair that is curled, but there has got to be something better. The company is sketchy, I'm usually good with seeing that and doing my research, but I thought this was the only place that had a wand (didn't do too much research =( ) and the high price made me think it must be good. I definitely am going to try to send it back...I have a feeling that the NuMe company is sketchy about it because they know their irons are not very good. I'm so used to being able to return everything I didn't look into it before I placed the order, and I guess I thought how could I not love it. I was duped. So please, order a different wand from a different company!!
22 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
This iron heats up fast and works on my super thick/hard to style hair. I was a bit clumsy with it at first when trying to get used to twirling my hair around the wand, but you get the hang of it after a few minutes.
on January 22, 2014
I have the Nume Curl Jam, Nume Pearl and the Nume reverse wand. I love the way they curl my hair and get lots of compliments. However, the reason I am giving them a one is because their warranty is AWFUL. I bought the Curl Jam just three months ago. I this particular wand about twice a week. Yesterday, I was using it and it started to lose heat and eventually cooled all the way down. I thought maybe a fuse was out and checked that. Nope. I also plugged in my flat iron. Everything worked so I contacted NUME to tell them of the problem. Apparently Nume will only replace their faulty products if you pay them to do so, plus shipping. I checked the site and it said it had a 4 year warranty. So buyer beware. their warranty is that if they send you a faulty product, you get to pay for it again.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2015
This was a great product, the 2 times I used it. The 3ed time the heating element had a melt down, it was a little scary and I had had it for <1w, I'de been warned about this by other reviews. Fortunately I purchased through amazon prime and had no issues with returning it.
on March 23, 2015
I ordered this product from Nume's online website. When I tried to curl my hair using the product it would not curl. I thought I might have just not let it heat up long enough so I waited a little longer and it didn't work that time either. I would not suggest buying this product.
on September 4, 2013
NuMe works like a charm, just wear the glove and work slowly. It gets very, very HOT, very, very fast!
on April 16, 2015
Worked great for a few months. But after four months of having the wand, smoke started pouring out between the buttons and the handle heats up to the point of not being able to hold it even with the glove on. After being hung up on twice, I finally got through to customer service, which explained that after 90 days, it costs $30 to replace a $180 dollar curling iron. Terrible customer service. They don't stand by their products whatsoever. Avoid these curling wands.
on March 18, 2016
Love Love Love the product!! Worth every penny!! Annnnnnnnnd beats original retail of $150+
on February 21, 2016
best Wand!! great for any date night when I want to get dolled up.
on August 8, 2014
Love this wand! My curls last with this, then turns into loose waves that stay until i wash them out. I don't even use hairspray with it and they stay. Love the titanium wands too! MakeupAlley had a few codes to get great discounts from their site.