Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 26, 2012
My mom got me a Conair hair dryer when I was in junior high. That dryer lasted over 15 years until it started to fall apart. I decided to get a nice hair dryer that will hopefully last another 15 plus years. So I did some research and decided to buy the NuMe.

This hair dryer is well built and relatively quiet. The pink zebra pattern is fun. I was concerned when I first used it because the highest temperature setting was no where near as hot as my ancient Conair dryer, but even with a lower "high heat" setting, the NuMe dryer dries my hair twice as fast as my ancient Conair. Must be the infared heat technology it uses! The cool setting is great to lock in shine & set my hair style.

I heard that hair dryers with the negative ion technology made hair look great--and boy does it! My hair is shiner, healthier, and fewer frizziness/fly-aways. I'm in Texas, surrounded by dry heat, so my hair used to be so dry and I had a ton of split ends. I can chalk all that dryness & split ends to the ancient Conair--I've had fewer split ends since I've started using the NuMe and my hair is so silky and shiny--no dry frizziness. I used the Conair about 3 times a week, on the medium setting, and would have split ends within two weeks. I've been using the NuMe for over a month now, 4 to 5 times a week, on the high heat setting, and NO new split ends! I also find that since the NuMe dryer makes my hair less frizzy and gives me fewer split ends, I am putting less product in my hair! Yay!

I've read some complaints regarding the heavy weight of the hair dryer. It dries hair really quickly--so I have not noticed a "heavy weight" problem with this dryer. I have really long, thick hair--my old dryer took over 10 minutes to get my hair about 80% dry. NuMe dryer can get my hair 100% dry within 6 minutes. So since I'm not holding the dryer for a super long time, I don't think the dryer weight is too heavy--feels light to me! Honestly, the weight seemed comparable to most hair dryers that I've seen/tried so I don't know what people are complaining about there.

I also saw some complaints about the attachments that come with the hair dryer stating that the dryer comes with two identical attachments. Actually, the attachments are two different sizes--a larger one and a smaller one to help concentrate airflow to dry hair faster. Since I have longer, thicker hair, and use a big ceramic brush to dry/straighten my hair, I use the larger attachment to concentrate the air flow for a faster dry time. If I was using a smaller brush, or taking smaller sections of hair, I would probably use the smaller one.

This dryer is a bit pricey, but well worth the money in my opinion. It's a pretty solid dryer that should last me a long, long time. I have been getting so many compliments on my hair. Fewer split ends, less frizziness, more shine, more silk, and more beautiful healthy hair! Best purchase I've made in a while by far!
on December 4, 2012
Bought this for my wife and daughter for a great price, still it was not cheap. The dryer completely stopped working after 6 months of normal use. Never dropped or damaged.

It does include a 1 year warranty, which we didn't bother using. Nume places too many roadblocks for a customer to make use of the warranty. You must first register the dryer in the Nume website, which does not work properly and will not allow you to register the dryer. Second, on top of the out of pocket expense of shipping the dryer to the manufacturer, Nume requests the you, the customer, sends in a check for $40 to cover the costs of shipping the replacement dryer from Nume to you. This policy reeks of a company with little regard for its customers and one which will not stand by its products.

Overall, it was a good blow dryer with poor quality backed by a manufacturer with little regards for customers and lousy customer service.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2013
I also had a bad experience with this NuMe dryer and cannot recommend. It worked fine at first, but then started to have issues with not continuing to blow hot air. If I turned it off for any reason while styling my hair, even for only 60 seconds, it would then blow ice cold air when turned back on. Took at least 30 seconds for it to heat back up to normal heat. Then it just stopped blowing hot air at all after about 9 months of daily use. Not what I would expect from a dryer at this price point. Now NuMe is selling most of their styling products at a huge discount (via Google Goods and other coupon sites) which should be an indication that they are not selling at full price very well.
on September 23, 2013
I bought this and it was the best hairdryer I've ever had....... Until 6 months later when it stopped working, which means I paid WAY too much for the piece of crap! The hair dryer won't get hot just blows out cold air. As others have said NuMe customer service is horrid, they will never answer and if you didn't register the dryer with them they won't help you at all! Just plain BS! DO NOT buy this, especially for $100+ it's a rip off!
on August 9, 2013
Its cool hair dryer for its color only ... The performance is very bad and cheap !
I Used a hair dryer for only a week then suddenly It got wrecked
I dont recommend this product at all
Dont waste your money!
on May 11, 2012
This dryer is awesome...I have very thick hair and I really used to dread drying it because it would take forever and end up looking dry and frizzy afterwards. I finally invested in a good blow dryer and I will honestly never go back to cheap ones again!

Pros:

1) Cut drying time to 25% of what it used to be
2) Does not leave hair dry, frizzy and damaged looking, but silky smooth
3) Requires much less styling afterwards because of awesome smoothness achieved directly after drying(minimal straightening required)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on January 23, 2014
I love NUME curling wands. I have the Curl Jam set, the reverse wand and the pearl wand. I always get compliments when I use them. Sadly, I can no longer recommend Nume to anyone. I bought my curl jam set in October. Tuesday when I was using it I noticed it was cooling down. I thought maybe something was wrong with the outlet and plugged my flat iron in to test it. Not my outlet. I contacted NUME yesterday for a replacement. After all, my wand is only three months old and I don't use it more than twice a week. It's practically brand new! I didn't drop it or anything like that so it must be a faulty wand. It says it has a four year warranty. Sadly, I was told that I would have to pay to have it replaced. It will cost me $20, plus I have to ship my old one to them and then pay shipping to send the new one back. o basically because they sent me a faulty product, I have to pay close to $40 total to get it replaced. I feel like this isn't very honest of NUME considering that I can't find anywhere on their site where this is stated and even asked the customer service rep where it was written. Not to mention the fact that they sold me an expensive, but flawed product and are asking me to pay for their mistake. Needless to say, I won't be buying anymore products from NUME. I would love to be able to recommend them to friends and family, but do not feel like I can do this. Please be aware before you purchase a NUME wand that they do not back up their products and will ask you to pay for their mistakes.
on October 10, 2012
I bought this through the Nume site for an incredibly good deal but even so, it wasn't cheap. This dryer went out within 9 months . There is a one year guarantee that I didn't bother using but what if it went out right after a year and you paid full price? That's a scary thought. I was not allowed to post a negative review on the Nume site and that was also disturbing.

It was a good blow dryer. It was heavy but that didn't bother me. I went out and bought a $20 dryer at Walmart with ionic technology after the Nume broke and I love it. If it breaks, I have no worries too!
on February 17, 2014
Pros:
- cool color
- nice design including packaging
- gets hair all dry

Cons:
- very noisy/loud
- heavy
- cheap quality
on December 15, 2012
With a recent Groupon I purchased a Classic Ionic Hair Dryer. I have never spent much on a hair dryer as I didn't think there was a big difference regardless of cost and claims. After reading this hair dryer's description, it seemed to make sense that it could perform better than an ordinary dryer with its technology. I had a little spare cash and decided to splurge and see what magic this fancy high-priced hair dryer could do. I have medium/longer length thin/fine straight hair. Unfortunately, personally I cannot tell any significant differences w/this dryer. It dries my hair just fine, but I was hoping to also notice some revelation about my hair. And while I hope it dries more quickly I have not timed it to see if it has sped up my routine. If it makes my hair softer or silkier than before, it's too subtle for me to really tell. I will keep using it since I have it anyway, and perhaps it will have more beneficial long-term affects (??). Hmm. If you plan to save up for this, I'd advise you save your money. If you have the money and really want to try it out, may as well, as you'll never know how it will work for you personally until you try.