4.0 out of 5 stars some after-taste, but good tasting stevia product
Published 11 months ago by E. Strickland

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT FORMULA HAS CHANGED and is now disgusting
Published 16 months ago by Alyx

4.0 out of 5 stars some after-taste, but good tasting stevia product, February 6, 2014
This review is from: NuNaturals Nustevia Alcohol Free Stevia Glass Bottle Liquid, 2-Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I really like this liquid stevia. It is sweet, not bitter and my only complaint is that is has somewhat of a strange after-taste. I've been using stevia as a sweetener in my drinks and cooking for the past few years now. I couldn't dream of going back to sugar at this point. I've tried a number of different brands and this one is one of my top choices hands down. I also like to keep a powder around for cooking purposes. Tried many powder brands as well, in terms of taste and price, this brand is the best I've found; Pure Stevia Powder (1 lb)

It probably has to do with the fact that I use it for cooking and mix with other ingredients but you do not get that stevia aftertaste with the powder, not at all. Come to my home and you'll find both products in my cupboard. Highly Recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT FORMULA HAS CHANGED and is now disgusting, September 8, 2013
Alyx (Fresno, CA) - See all my reviews
NuNaturals Stevia used to be the best tasting stevia or sweetener on the market. It was also one of the most expensive, but you get what you pay for right? Then one day I went into the supermarket and bought my $20 container of Stevia as usual, added it to my morning coffee and was appalled by the fact that it tasted horrible. I tried adding more and more stevia, to no avail-still horrible. I bought and returned several containers of NuNaturals stevia thinking each time that I had gotten a defective batch. After doing this a couple of times, the store manager actually called and complained to the manufacturer that they had received a defective batch from the company. It was then and only then that we learned that NuNaturals stevia has changed their formula, and the new product is absolutely terrible-it tastes worse and sweetens less than the cheapest artificial sweetener.

And here's the kicker. NuNaturals didn't even ANNOUNCE that they had changed their product. Didn't put it on the label, didn't change the label, no disclaimer, didn't change the price, nothing. And we're not talking about the fact that they just changed suppliers or something like that. This is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PRODUCT being sold and marketed as the old one. How dishonest can a company get?

You know a product is bad when a manufacturer isn't brave enough to acknowledge it. Apparently, NuNaturals is aware that they will have to rely on their old customers' brand name loyalty and ignorance to sell this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow...liquid stevia is pretty good, March 13, 2014
Having tried this new liquid stevia I wanted to list some thoughts about it. First, there is some after taste, but this is probably to be expected. Overall, it is very easy to use and you will get used to that bit of after-the-fact taste. It is great for putting in recipes while cooking and mixes well in just about everything.

Still, I am a bit of a purist at heart, which is why most of the time I prefer this kind of stevia: Pure Stevia Powder (3.5 oz). You do need to be careful about one thing, however. This is very highly concentrated, so watch out. Really, just a little will go a long way. I like the fact that it is a powder, which makes it easier to control how much you use. This also means that it is very economical and normally lasts me a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Taste has changed!!, August 27, 2013
gillian potter (TEMECULA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I agree with other reviewers. I thought it was an odd bottle that something was wrong with it but as I opened more bottles there all the same. WHAT HAPPENED??? I have used this brand for years so I know the difference. The color has also changed it used to be clear now it's not. I want the old formula back. It takes way too much of the stuff to make anything remotely sweet.
I want a refund. Bad service when it's on automatic reorder with no explanation. God knows what I'm eating!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Formula change=terrible taste, August 14, 2013
Lindy T (APO, AP United States) - See all my reviews
I have bought this brand for several years and loved it. Apparently, the company has changed the formula and it is absolutely awful. Will buy another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has changed., September 11, 2013
I used this for 5+ years as a sweetener. The last bottle I ordered the taste was completely different and the sweetener was yellow. I would not continue using this product if you had bought it before. The taste is awful. I came here because I was going to buy another bottle to replace the one I have thinking it might have just been a bad bottle but judging by the other comments it looks like thats not the case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be the holy grail, now... Holy Crap, you reformulated into the nastiest product ever, July 3, 2013
I have religiously used this alcohol free vanilla stevia for two years. My last order, once it finally came back into stock, was received last week. I was so excited, only to be disgustingly surprised in my first usage, my morning coffee. The formula is thicker than previously (it was like water before, now the viscosity is like glyerin) and it has a god-awful bitter aftertaste, the one reason I fastidiously buy NuNaturals, for the non-bitter non metallic taste. Nunaturals was the gold standard holy grail best of the best stevia on the planet (believe me, with a sugar intolerance I know my stevias). Well, you managed to reformulate and make your stevia taste WORSE than every other brand, NuNaturals. Please, whatever you did, trash it and go back to your old formula, pronto. Or else, I'm just going to buy cheaper Trader Joe's liquid stevia, for convenience. One horrible tasting stevia is just the same as the others, and right now, you all just put yourself at or below the competition in regards to bitterness and taste. I dread my morning coffee now with your product

1.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Gain a massive following, then kill it all with fire, October 13, 2013
This was the best Stevia in the world. WAS being the operative word!

I was not buying all the new negative reviews, after-all, I had not noticed anything, but I have this on subscription and so I have a few on hand all the time. So I was one of the lucky ones that could compare the original formula and the new one. I even took a photo. Yes, it's THAT different: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo3FQUFXPMHS1UU/B0019LTH3U/ref=cm_ciu_images_pl_link

I am returning my 2 unused bottles and canceling my subscription. NuNaturals, when you commit to restoring to the original formula, do let me know - you have the ability to respond to reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars This product has changed!, August 8, 2013
JoJo 333 (Warrenton, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This use to be my favorite sweetener but it has changed. It now has an aftertaste that makes it less desirable. What happened??

1.0 out of 5 stars They Changed the Formula, August 11, 2013
Reviews made prior to spring 2013 are not an accurate representation of the current product. I used to LOVE this product. It changed my life -- helped me satisfy my sweet tooth while getting through a Candida elimination diet. But the product has changed for the worst. If you are new to stevia, here's one fact you should know. You need very little of it, compared to sugar, to sweeten. With the "New" Nu Naturals, you now need two or three times the amount of average stevia to get any sweetness. The company has watered down the liquid and added filler to the powders. The second fact about Stevia -- it has a very bitter after taste by nature. The "Old" Nu Naturals was able to all but eliminate the bitterness common with other stevia products. They are no longer doing this. So the Nu Natural Stevia products today are watered down and bitter. If you can stand the bitterness of stevia, then you'd be better off getting another brand that has not watered down the product so you at least get your money's worth. It's really a shame. I used to swear by this product and recommend it to everyone I knew. Now I will have to switch to another brand.