5.0 out of 5 stars WOWstanding!
Published on May 26, 2012 by Rebus Cannebus

1.0 out of 5 stars Nunaturals is not a company to trust
Published 13 months ago by Christopher T. Grove

1.0 out of 5 stars Nunaturals is not a company to trust, July 11, 2013
This review is from: NuNaturals Nustevia Pure White Stevia Extract , 1-Ounce (Health and Beauty)
If you see my original review, you will see that I was so happy to come across this product. Not so much anymore. The company has admitted that they changed the extract but that's only because consumers called them out on it. They didn't volunteer the information or change the label or description like every other reputable company does. I can think of hundreds of products that say new formula or improved formula. Not this one. Nunaturals is content with lying to their consumers and practicing shady business practices. They also admit that this product is not as concentrated as previous therefore you need to use more of the product and then they try to justify raising the price of it also. So not only do you have to use more but you paid more for a product that doesn't last as long. I have heard of companies decreasing quality before, or companies raising the price, but never a company doing both at the same time. The new extract may be safe and ok but with the other shady antics this company is pulling I can no longer trust them to consume their product. Also side note the other product they sell the non extract has maltodextrin in it. Many diabetics use stevia to avoid an insulin spike, maltodextrin is a carbohydrate and will spike insulin. This may be a very small spike but still exists and the company uses shady and savvy marketing to avoid disclosing this fact along with that maltodextrin is a heavily processed ingredient.

1.0 out of 5 stars This new formula is HORRIBLE! BITTER and NOT SWEET at all!, July 4, 2013
T. Dieterlen (Indianapolis, Indiana) - See all my reviews
Ordered the NuNaturals for my mom after I tried some an loved it. Come to find out they have reformulated this product and it's awful! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! The expiration date is 4/16, mine was 2/16. Won't be buying more of this!

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the original NuNaturals Stevia - formulation has changed., August 4, 2013
I purchased this product from NuNaturals directly in January 2013 after starting the new lifestyle eating program, Trim Healthy Mama. While it took my family about 4-6 weeks to adjust to the taste of stevia, after about 6-8 weeks, we actually loved the taste of it!

Unfortunately, this company has needed to change their source of stevia powder, and the formulation found in all of their current bottles of stevia extract are NOT the same as they were back in 2012. We've been using the original product for six months now, and this weekend began a new bottle (new 2013 product dated after April 2013).

Awful! Bitter! We really don't think that we can tolerate this. It's much worse than the original stevia extract. We'll be looking for a new source for stevia extract, sadly.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOWstanding!, May 26, 2012
I've been trying to wean myself off sucralose for some time and decided to try the pure stevia extract from (rhymes with) Traitor Schmoes. It was mediocre at best. Bitter. Then a couple of weeks ago, I was in my local natural foods store. I stop by there periodically and buy stuff simply to support local business. I saw a bottle of this product and the label's claim that it's "non-bitter." So I sez to myself I sez, Why not? Brought it home, not expecting much. Holy cr*p! INfinitely better than the competition. Barely--if at all--bitter. And MUCH less required to achieve equivalent sweetness. I use it primarily in my morning oatmeal and in lemonade and iced tea. I'm actually able to measure how much I use, because the competition's product comes with a little coke spoon that hold 45 milligrams. I use two LEVEL spoonfuls of the NuNaturals product to make a humongous bowl of very sweet oatmeal (with pumpkin and apple thrown in) or 24 ounces of lemonade. I'm going to experiment with lower amounts. But even if I decide not to go lower, a 90 milligram serving (2 times 45 milligrams) is going to give me around 500 servings out of a one-ounce bottle of NuStevia. Excellent product!

1.0 out of 5 stars So sad--new formula is not good!, August 10, 2013
My mom and I have both been using this product for quite awhile now and loving it. I opened a new box today and noticed a HUGE difference immediately. My coffee tasted awful--not at all sweet with a bitter aftertaste. When I spoke to my mom, who had also opened a new box yesterday, she said she had had the same problem. This is very sad! It was not easy to find a great-tasting stevia!

2.0 out of 5 stars Somethings different.., August 6, 2013
This used to taste really good and sweet but this last one I bought is different. At first I thought/hoped it was my imagination that I had to use sooo much more and still it wasn't coming out right but after reading the reviews, I realize they changed it! Why mess with a winning formula? I'm sad because this really doesn't taste anywhere as good as it used to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away, October 6, 2013
They ruined it... This was a great Stevia product. We have been using NuNaturals for the past 2 years. We buy it by the pound and were so glad to have come across this stevia. It was potent and did not have the after taste that others had. Not anymore. We went to buy our usual pound, and everywhere we went they were out of stock, so we bought an ounce at our local grocery store and glad we did. It isn't anything like it used to be. It has an after taste and it took six times the amount it used to. We went through the bottle in less than a week, and it cost the same as it always has. We are now looking for a new supply and are trying different brands. May have to go back to Kal brand. It was a little bitter and thats why we went to the NuNatural brand. What a shame to lose such a good product.

1.0 out of 5 stars New formulation DO NOT BUY, October 6, 2013
After using and loving the "old" formulation for months, it was a shock to get their new version. It is absolutely horrible. Almost no taste at all except a slightly bitter taste. Shame on nuNaturals 1. For changing a wonderful product 2. For not disclosing to the consumer. I ordered 4 bottles that I am now stuck with and will never use. Wish I could give negative it a negative rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Changed ingredients or formula, September 15, 2013
GG "common sense" (St. Petersburg, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
We have been using this product for so long. The last 2 orders on 4/7 and 3/9 - have changed. We have to use twice the amount previously used and it leaves an after taste.
Would not recommend this product. The 'supplemental facts' on the back of the ones ordered and on older previous orders reads the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, May 24, 2012
I've used NuNaturals Nustevia Pure White Stevia Extract for many years and I recommend it to everyone. It doesn't have an after taste, and while I'm selective about the recipes I use it in, whatever I make with it has to pass a taste test with picky people who usually use sugar. No one ever knows I'm using stevia until I tell them. It is super sweet, and you will need tiny amounts, usually 1/4 TEASPOON to equal 1 cup of sugar, (yes 1/4 teaspoon). You can buy this product in individual packets to sweeten a drink, because it's difficult to measure for one glass from this container. In some recipes, I use half sugar/half stevia (in lemonade), and in others that are very flavorful(canned salsa), I use this stevia, and no sugar. Because it is super sweet, use less than you think you need and add more if needed. This company makes a product that dissolves easier than this one, but I chose to get the one without the added ingredients.

NuNaturals Nustevia  Pure White Stevia Extract , 1-Ounce