4.0 out of 5 stars I love the product
Published on April 6, 2007 by Zmaximus

I have been using Nuwave oven for about three months now, but I must express a mixed feeling toward this product.

Published on June 26, 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for Conventional Oven & Oven Toaster, but Not for Others, June 26, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: NuWave OvenTM

Nuwave delivers its promise in serving good quality food when it comes to cooking raw meat, vegetables, and some bakery items, and it may well replace the conventional oven and oven toaster. However, Nuwave does not live up to the grand advertising claim to replace a whole range of kitchenware, such as the microwave oven and deep fryer.

For example, one version of their advertising claims that Nuwave oven can "fry" with inner oil of the food items, but the "frying" quality of French fries is, for example, is roughly equivalent to the one done by a conventional oven.

Also Nuwave oven is particularly a poor replacement of a microwave oven for various reasons: (1) Microwave-safe containers are not Nuwave safe, thus, making it difficult to "nuke" most frozen food items; (2) It is not easy to estimate the time needed to cook (Nuwave takes much longer than a microwave); (3) The frozen food is unevenly cooked because the heat in Nuwave only comes from the top (I had frozen food that had a burned top and a frozen bottom after cooking in Nuwave.)

Finally, the recipe book that comes with the Nuwave oven is mediocre at best. While I am not complaining about simple heating directions (e.g. heating/cooking steaks, hamburgers, etc.), more elaborate dish items that requires more than heating (e.g. cheesecake, chicken tandoori), resulted in fair to uneatable dishes (My cooking skill may be partly at fault though, but it shoudln't require much.)

Despite the focus on negatives in my review, Nuwave oven is a good kitchenware for its basic functions. Just don't expect it (as I did) to replace a microwave oven and a deep fryer or revolutionarize your dining experience at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the product, April 6, 2007
Zmaximus "Zmaximus" (Sevierville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I was just looking to price a 3rd nuwave for my daughter as I have had mine about 6 months now and then one to mom & dad at Christmas and now for the rugrat. Anywho... I happened upon this review page in my search and wanted to chime in after seeing a few folks bad mouth it so bad (don't flame I wont respond to flames). I can not say anything about customer service as I ordered on line for both and have never had an issue requiring a call. I will say though that we use this oven at least 4-5 times a week and some weeks much more. Our conventional stove/oven has only seen use about 4 times in the last six months (since the nuwave arrived). It is far easier, cleaner, healthier and effective than the stove/oven. Thus it has been used and abused by a family of five including teenagers for the last six months. The unit has never fallen apart it has not begun to "disintegrate" nor do the racks shake and become unstable under the weight of 1 steak much less the 5 we normally cook at a time and veggies on the rack below. We even cooked a 12Lb turkey (Thanksgiving) dinner in it and it was not shaky then either. While I have no problem using the metal clip to allow the top to lean I will say that it is difficult to access the whole rack while it is leaning there. So that fact and the fact of the commercial and book saying how easy it would be to remove the frozen innards from the cooking turkey were no where near real life is the reason I had to deduct a star from what would have been a 5 star product.

The nuwave has a well earned spot on our counter top next to the cusinart. We have limited counter space and only items used a lot get to stay out 24/7.

Oh by the way just in case you wondered, I do not nor have I ever worked for the makers or anyone selling the nuwaves. Nor do I know anyone in that line of business. I just wanted to put this info here as a semi experienced user of the nuwave to aid others in making an educated decision before buying.

Z

1.0 out of 5 stars my nu-wave oven is looking sad, May 24, 2006
for the first few months it was an excellent product, but it soon becomes obvious that the parts are so poorly made that they disintegrate, leaving the product dangerous to use, and when sourcing spare parts, it proves very difficult, so far waiting 3 1/2 months and still no further forward.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, May 26, 2009
robert campbell (nice, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NuWave OvenTM
I bought the Nu Wave, thinking that it would be an improvement of my Deni Countertop Convection oven (which is easier to clean, and cooks better) I was wrong. The food cooks well when placed dead center of the rack, which is a poor design and wobbles. However larger foods, dont cook properly on the outer edges and at times you have to move the food around. The heating element is too small. A proper circulating convection oven like the Deni, does not require you to move the food, as the air is circulating all around the food. Within 2 weeks, the dome cracked. Contacting customer service was a nightmare. The person I spoke with could barely speak proper English. I then decided to return the unit. I did and unfortunately had to eat the shipping fees, as Nu Wave did not cover that with their warranty. Ordering the item through their website is a ripoff, as they tack on shipping charges for everything! shipping for the oven, shipping for the extender ring, shipping for the tote bag. The salesman kept on pressing me to buy more units at a reduced price, and also try to sell you a tote bag to put it in. Not. I got a refund, and still use my old faithful Deni.

2.0 out of 5 stars junk, December 8, 2008
This review is from: NuWave OvenTM
I bought my Nuwave from the website and after trying it for a month, mine is going back for a refund. I did country style ribs from frozen and it took 80 minutes, but the outside started to char before the inside was done. I did a seven pound pork roast and after 5 hours, I ended up slicing it up and cooking the slices. I can do a roast in the slow cooker quicker. Did a whole chicken to their time specified and it was still blood red at the bone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!!, March 28, 2006
I bought my Nu Wave Oven Pro about 2 months ago and it's one of the most marvelous finds I have ever come upon. I happened to catch it on an Infomercial and decided to try it. I am leery of Infomercial products, as I feel if its not sold in stores it can't be much good. Boy was I wrong about this product!

I use it at least four days a week and so far everything I've cooked in it has been wonderful. I cooked an 11 lb turkey, freezer to table in 3 hours and talk about moist!!

Last night I decided to fry some potatoes. Wasn't too sure how they would come out, but they were delicious. Put them in one of the pans that came with the oven, coated them with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and OMG....fried potatoes to die for!! It cooked one of the best Tri-Tip roasts I've ever eaten. Even baked a cherry cobbler. It's a very healthy way to cook and the clean up is another plus...so easy to do.

I couldn't give it a 5 star rating as it has one drawback. The heating element should be a bit bigger because if you place foods all the way out to the edge, the edges don't cook as those nearer the center and they have to be moved around. But other than that, this is a marvelous addition to the kitchen and I wouldn't give it up for anything. To own this oven is like falling in love all over again!! LOL Great product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Can not get replacement parts!, December 4, 2008
This review is from: NuWave OvenTM
We loved our oven until the dome broke. The maker is unresponsive to eMAil and you can not find parts! Expect to buy a new one when it brakes or non at all! Would we do it again, NO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing/easy food preparation!, March 9, 2006
I was considering buying the nu-wave oven pro that I saw on TV (~$120.00) but after finding this oven on Amazon (which is made by the same manufacturer minus the "pro" in the name) for less, I decided to give this oven a try. I have had my nu-wave oven for a few months now. I own a "Showtime" rotisserie that I thought could not be beat in the way it cooked meat - moist and flavorful. However, the downside was the clean up and the outside of the meat (especially chicken) is often too dark for my taste. This oven makes the tenderest meat and is perfect for frozen convenience items (crispy crusts yet moist on the inside - not frozen)! I made a 5 lb. chicken the other night that I took directly from the freezer (frozen solid). I followed the instructions in the recipe book (which is included) except I sprayed the rack with non-stick cooking spray before placing the chicken on it. The chicken came out so moist and flavorful, that it put my rotisserie to shame and the outside was not charred! Clean up? A breeze! All the parts are dishwasher safe (except the cooking head) and the fat does not cook on to any part of the oven. Cooks up frozen egg rolls, buffalo wings, and other appetizers wonderfully. Great product, especially if you're on the go or don't like to tend your food while it's cooking!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, poor service, August 11, 2009
This review is from: NuWave OvenTM
I have owned my oven for over a year. I was thrilled to get it as I had something similar years ago. It is great for cooking a number of things including healthy fried chicken. I have no complaints in that department. My problem was that the dome started to crack. The cracks got worse and worse. They are now being held together with electical tape. I called the company and they said they have had problems but they have made the domes stronger now and I could buy a new dome for $20. Seems to me that if they produed a defective product that they should replace the part free of charge. And how do I know this is true? So I rate the quality terrible. The customer service is terrible. So even if it does a good job at first it is ultimately money wasted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepares great tasting meals - and regarding customer service, May 21, 2006
Moe (Evanston, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This oven prepares any meat fast and preserves a lot of flavor. I am sure other reviewers have already stated about that (and its ease of use), and I don't intend to echo them. However, I decided to write a review in response to the review titled "customer service?" below.

The thing is, what he writes in the first half of his review is true (probably not the second half regarding unhelpful ratings though). I was not able to reach them by phone. Or by "general" email foe that matter. I know the email didn't work either because I ordered one directly and suddenly I had to move, so I was trying to update my shipping address, and it did not go through - apparently they sent it to my old address.

However, it is too early to decide that they do not have customer service. When they shipped the oven, one of their customer service person sent me a notification by email from his personal corporate account. And with this address I could communicate with him. This proved to be very important because the oven that was sent to my old address got lost (or stolen).

I had a bad impression about their customer service from the phone and general email incidents. So I felt hopeless when I decided to try to contact that person. And that was quite a while later (at least about a month because I was trying to find the original package in vain). Guess what?? They sent me another unit with no charge, even the shipping was free. I received it two days after I sent the email.

So, it is true you cannot reach them with their general phone number or email. However if you get a hold of someone down there (and you will once you order one) their service is quite good.

And the product is fantastic. I guess I will rate one-star short of perfect 5-star for the phone issue, but you will be missing out if you let that scare you away from this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›