Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nubian Heritage Soap Bar, African Black, 5 Ounce
- Treats eczema, blemishes, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments
- Aids exfoliation revealing radiant, fresh, even and healthy-looking skin
- Anti-blemish, detoxifying and healing
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Scent Name: African Black Soap with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin | Size: 5 oz
100% Vegetable Soap: African black soap base, coconut oil and/or palm oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, plantain extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), vegetable glycerin, mineral pigment or vegetable color, essential oil blend.
Nubian Heritage Bar Soap African Black Directions <br>For oily, combination and acne skin. <br> Ingredients: 100% Vegetable Soap: African black soap base, coconut oil and/or palm oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, plantain extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), vegetable glycerin, mineral pigment or vegetable color, essential oil blend.
Top Customer Reviews
1) First, the smell -- If strong scents easily overwhelm you, this bar is one to try. It has a subtle sweet smell. I look ridiculous smelling my bar of soap but it just smells delightful.
2) When other soaps fail to treat your skin issues, Nubian Heritage does not -- Most people try this soap because of skin issues, including skin sensitivity issues. I am very sensitive to most cleansing products; my face becomes a dry, itching mess quite easily. I also still contend with pimples. This soap helps control my acne without turning my face into a dry, red mess.
3) Your skin was soft once and will be again -- This soap has phenomenal moisturizing properties. It feels great on your skin. I don't have to apply baby oil or moisturizing body lotion because this soap does it all. If your hair becomes dry during particular periods of the year, try washing your hair with this bar rather than using hot oils or protein soaks.
4) Ingredients you can pronounce -- I don't want dyes or heavy chemicals in anything I use but especially on my face. This soap has a straightforward ingredient list.
This product is vegan in nature with no animal based products. It is not tested on animals and is made in the United States.
I had to amend my review from three stars to five because after using it up--both my husband and I love it and I am buying more! I have never had soap that takes makeup off sooo well--even waterproof mascara. It does not sting! We also notice that our skin is soft and I have not had to use lotion! I really, really like this soap. I notice that the name is different now, so I hope the soap has not changed in anyway.
I have been looking for miles, searching for a soap bar / body wash with these ingredients in relatively high amounts and without the use of synthetic chemicals. This is it! I plan on grating the bar and adding some glycerin to make an almost body wash.
As for the first reviewer, I will admit the smell is a little overbearing, but, honestly; it's not so bad.
Also, this soap has done such kind things to my face. My pores are oily as hell, so last week I just lathered my face with this soap in desperation. After rinsing it off my face felt tighter than normal, so I also used Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing cream, which is mostly oils, to rehydrate my face. Today (March 27th, 2012) my mother asked me if I had done anything different, skin-care wise, because apparently my face looked like porcelain, so I looked in the mirror, and...
My face has lost it's greasy look, and now has a softer glow, and my acne scars have lightened and shrunk. All by using this soap. I will make sure I never run out of this soap again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Honestly, I only use any other soap when I absolutely have to. I adore African Black Soap, the smell, the way it lathers and the ridiculous amount of Hydration I get from this... Read morePublished 40 minutes ago by Caitlin Drane
good soap for irritated skin . It is cruelty free, and while some black soaps are made from animals products this company lists as cruelty freePublished 2 days ago by Marco60
I just recieved this today, used it once and it seems to have left residue on my skin???Published 3 days ago by ruby
I love the scent of this soap. It is neither feminine nor masculine and just sensuous. Spicey, woodsy, a little sweet. Read morePublished 3 days ago by G.L.
Item was received so quickly and works perfectly fine. I recommend everyone to buy from this seller whenever they need a product like this. Thank you very much!!Published 5 days ago by Solomon Tia
This stuff leaves my skin feeling SO CLEAN. Does a really good job of removing built-up oil on the face and neck areas.Published 7 days ago by NoOne Danger Marshall
This is some great soap, however I would check around at local healthfood stores to catch it on sale. My local store has a sale price of 2.99 per bar ! Read morePublished 8 days ago by dhwsl27