Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: SmallColor: MonsterChange
Price:$3.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 16, 2012
Well, the heading says it all. My 16 mos. old son loves it, he is not afraid of putting his hand in - he figured out quickly that there are crackers/cheerios inside. He actually likes to pull them out and share with us - very kind of him. He can hold it upside down and no cheerios fall out.

The rubber "teeth" are *a little bit* stiff silicon but my son does not mind it. It helps to prolong the process of eating snacks -- it takes an effort and time for him to eat all the snacks. We used it at home and in the car.

The hands twist around; the top and bottom of the body twists around but stays together - - it is not a removable lid; there are no removable parts as far as I can tell.

Great $5 spent.

**** Update - apparently it is a two piece item - it was dropped down very hard on the floor and came apart - not broken, not cracked, but we now know that it comes apart -- which is probably good if I ever decide to wash it. It was easy to snap the two pieces together and it is still in daily use. The eyes are starting to fade.
on July 30, 2012
My daughter received this as a gift and absolutely loves it! She is 6 months old and can hold onto the hands well and chews on them. She even laughs while it tickles her with it's hands. My husband made it "throw up" and made my daughter laugh so hard, it was so great! I can't wait until she can use it "properly." I know she will love this bowl for a long time. I am only disappointed that everything I need or want or receive as a gift is made in China. I really try to look for Made in USA, but am constantly disappointed. But, I do appreciate that this product was well designed.
44 comments28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2012
I have to love any product that helps me keep food off of the floor with two toddlers and the three dogs they love to "accidentally" feed. The teeth are really soft and rounded, so there's no scraping when little hands go in there. It's also able to withstand trips in the dishwasher which is SUCH a plus for me! I'm going to be getting more of these for a friend who runs a daycare just to help her with keeping the playrooms cleaner.
on June 24, 2014
Bought this to help slow down the eating monster that is my son. I'm not sure why kids feel it's necessary to fit ALL THE THINGS in their mouth at one time, but I wanted a snack container that would prevent him from getting fistfuls of whatever at a time. The other reviewers noted that the plastic teeth were very strong/stiff, so it takes little hands a while to get to the snack, and provides resistance so they only get a few pieces each time. We've had this for several months now and it's held up really well - being thrown mid-tantrum, stepped on by my husband and me, packed into bags, etc. True to the reviews, the teeth are still very rigid but for the most part my son takes this as a challenge to get to the snacks. The top (purple) clicks into the bottom (green) very tightly - so tightly that you definitely need to empty it of snacks or you'll scatter them everywhere when you finally pop the top off, but a quick rinse is all it needs. Bonus - the dog can't get his nose in to steal any snacks (although I did catch him trying to stick his tongue in through the teeth, but I guess that didn't feel very good).
on September 27, 2012
My 21-month old son already has 3 snack containers, so he technically doesn't NEED a 4th... But this snack container was so darn cute that I just had to get it for him! Plus it helps differentiate his snack container from his friends' containers (they all have the same ones, which leads to much confusion and many fights). But now the problem is that ALL the kids want to eat snacks out of this awesome monster snack keeper!
on August 12, 2013
Quality is good but it is hard to open it I always think I'm gonna break it. My toddler is now 2 years old and has no problem getting his fingers in there to take the snacks out, but he did when he was younger and whine, I had stored it for a while and had recently taking it out to give it another, he loves it!!!
on July 26, 2013
I got this for my trail mix and because it makes me laugh! Well made, well designed, colorful, durable and amusing! Recommend even if you don't have kids.
on November 20, 2014
I DESPISE this cup. I was SO excited about it the moment I saw it but am thoroughly disappointed. We have a couple Munchkin snack catchers and they have been great. My son uses them on a daily basis. If you want a great snack catcher cup, I definitely recommend those. The issues with the monster cup are as follows: The 'teeth' are very stiff so it is more difficult for the child to get the snack out. The bigger issue is that it is so challenging to remove the top to refill or to wash the cup. When you do finally manage to get the top and bottom separated, if there is any snack left in it, it will all go flying because of the force needed to open it. I am so frustrated by this cup. Yes, it's cute, but no, it's not functional and not worth it. I thought perhaps I just received a bad one and contacted Amazon. Amazon quickly sent me a new cup. Amazon's customer service continues to impress me so much! Unfortunately though, the second cup was no different. Same issues.
on March 7, 2014
It's always so challenging to get my toddler to throw tantrums. He is always so reasonable and rational. Finally, I can experience the terrible nearly twos everyone warned me about with the Nuby Snack locker. I fill it with snacks (through the teeth since I can't open the @#$& thing) and then give it to my kiddo and watch the fun begin! He is so excited to get his snacks, puts his hand in and can't get it out with snacks in hand. Then the tantrum ensues. Yeah, so fun to drive a toddler to aggravation fueled by hunger!
on April 1, 2014
My son gets so frustrated with this thing! He can't get the snacks out because the rubber teeth are way too stiff. I even have trouble getting them out! This thing as turned into a bath toy for us.