5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mommy AND baby
Published on March 8, 2011 by mommy2O

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Nuby not realize these spoons are for babies?
Published on April 19, 2011 by E's Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Nuby not realize these spoons are for babies?, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
I just finished sealing up the box to send these spoons back to Amazon. I received them this afternoon and opened the package, only to be surprised by the sharp flashing around the bowl of all the spoons. Maybe I don't feed my baby the way other parents do, but I scrape my daughter's face many times with the spoon throughout a feeding session. I won't be able to do that with these spoons without scratching her delicate baby skin. It's hard to believe that Nuby would not make sure the factory smoothed away the flashing as part of the manufacturing process. Perhaps this is just a case of bad quality assurance, but I don't care to try with another pack. Back to the Munchkin spoons...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mommy AND baby, March 8, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
These are the first spoons I tried when my baby was ready for solids and I absolutely LOVE them. I had received a pack of the Gerber spoons with the metal handle and a pack of the Munchkin spoons. I did not like the metal on the Gerber and the spoon was not deep enough. The Munchkin spoons are not comfortable to hold and the plastic that goes into babys mouth is sharp. Plus they're ugly! The Nuby spoons are so comfortable and I love the long handle-so much easier to feed baby. Also the curvy shape of the spoon makes it easier to get to the remaining food at the bottom of the bowl. The colors are nice and even though I serve my baby's cereal at room temp, I like that the tips turn white if too hot. I'm sticking to these and getting more!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant get food off spoon, May 2, 2011
JLK (Green Bay WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
There is too big of a dip in the spoon. There is always food left on the spoon. Makes a better toy

1.0 out of 5 stars Wide spoon, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
These spoons don't work well for babies starting out on solids. It's almost like a soup spoon and my 6 month old can't really get the food off of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine., March 9, 2013
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
These are fine enough. The spoon part is a little deep which makes it difficult for little mouths to use, but once my little one got older, they were fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Long!, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
Had I paid attention to how long these spoons are, I never would've bought them. Who needs spoons this long? I've had spoons that change color when hot and that is a fantastic component to these spoons...very useful! However, the length is unnecessary and your child won't be able to use them when the time comes to feed himself.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, i prefer softer spoons for really young feeders, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
i prefer the beeba soft spoons to this one. the handles are long so they are definitely designed for parents to be feeding the child verses self-feeding and for children that young who have mostly gums, i'd prefer softer spoons. the plastic is quite rigid in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars These are alright spoons, March 21, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
I liked these for my six month old son but I have to say I liked the nuk spoons I bought even better. They were more soft and flexible so they were great as a first spoon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Good!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
For the most part I really like these spoons. They change color if food is too hot for baby, that is a nice feature. They are made of a plastic that is hard enough to keep its shape, but just a little bit soft too, which is nice for baby. I knew I did not want the plastic covered metal, they are just too hard, especially when baby is teething. These have a good shape for babys mouth, and the well is deep enough to hold a good amount of food for big eaters, but it is not hard to just get a little amount for new learners too. These are quite long and have a curve to them, I am not sure why they have a curve, I see no real benefit to that, but I also do not find it a nuisance. My only complaint is that left in a half full jar of food these spoons are handle heavy and will cause the jar to fall over. It seems like the handles could have been made just a bit lighter to avoid this. I have gotten used to setting the spoon on a napkin instead of sticking it in the jar, for breaks, but this would be a 5 star review if it were not for the heavy handle...

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than I thought they'd be, January 28, 2011
This review is from: Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons (Baby Product)
I was surprised when these came in because they are way bigger than I expected. They are about twice as long as the little gerber spoons, and very thick. The stem is curved downward pretty far and the spoon is deep, but not too deep. These work really well for feeding a young baby, but don't think they'd be good for a toddler.

Nuby 4-Pack Hot Safe Spoons