Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nueva York!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 22, 2008
My son is a Dan Zanes groupie (he's been to six of his shows).He's been listening to him since before his second birthday and has been looking forward to new music for quite some time. My son is half Cuban, so hearing DZ sing in Spanish is very significant for him. It's a welcomed addition to our Dan Zanes and Friends collection. In short, this cd is like a big party for my three and a half year old, yet sophisticated and cool enough for his parents!!! Viva Dan and Friends!! Our favorite tracks: Colas and Polito Chicken...
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2008
Dan Zanes and Friends latest release features all that you love about the band: wild, energetic collaborations and quieter songs with tremendous raw beauty. Esta vez, todas las canciones están en español! They've come a long way since "Malti."

You may enjoy this CD if:

---you're interested in fun, party music that the kids will love---and that doesn't drive you crazy!

---other kid-friendly acts drive you nuts and you want to keep Hannah Montana and High School Musical at bay as long as you can.

---you want to broaden your child's outlook and worldview.

Our faves: Son Borinqueno, El Pijul, El Canario, Palo Bonito, Compadre Pedro Juan, Cuida El Agua, El Pescador, Colas, Verde Luz, & Mi Luna. Yikes, that's a lot of favorites! There are not many songs we don't like on the CD. If Pollito Chicken doesn't get you moving, see a doctor!

This collection of favorites from several Latin American countries is, as Dan says in his concerts, his pro-immigration CD. In the liner notes, Dan calls this a "pro-love-your-neighbor" CD. It definitely has that effect. My (very Swedish) 4 year old asks me to translate every song for her and wants to play and sing along. She was once very shy with people who spoke languages she did not understand. Getting some familiarity with Spanish has made her far more comfortable with our non-English speaking neighbors. She tries out a little Spanish on our Colombian and Mexican neighbors, and she is trying to help a Slovakian friend learn English. Thanks, Dan, for giving our kids a great time while provoking interest in Hispanic culture and vital social issues.
on July 18, 2008
We now own all of the Dan Zanes cds and love them all. Nueva York has taken slightly longer to warm up to, but that's only because I don't understand all of the lyrics (my spanish is rusty) so they take longer to learn! I love having the diversity in our music collection. You will not be able to refrain from dancing and clapping along with many of these songs! It's a great "windows down, music turned up" in the car cd. Buy it! And while you're at it, buy all of Dan Zanes' other cds too! My husband and I both have his music on our iPods because we love it as much as our 3 year old son! Dan Zanes offers the best kids/family/folk music out there, hands down.
on January 3, 2013
I love this CD! I bought it for my daughter, who is 6, but I am the one who listens to this most often. Having grown up in Puerto Rico, many of these songs nostalgically take me back home, but are interpreted with Dan Zane's wonderful, quirky musicality. I especially love Pollito Chicken featuring La Bruja!
on September 1, 2008
My family are big fans of Dan Zanes, so it was an obvious choice to pick up 'Nueva York'. It didn't disappoint. The rhythms and songs are very good and fun to listen to. My son doesn't even understand much Spanish at 4, yet he tries to sing along! The singular thing my husband and I noticed was that the usual members of his group are not present except for his drummer, which surprised us a bit, as Barbara has sung Spanish music with him before, however, we very much enjoy this record.
on March 26, 2011
I ordered this CD because we had watched a series of Dan Zanes videos on the Internet. My three-month-old daughter loved them, and since we are preparing to move to South America, we thought this album would a fun one for our little family. The music is fun, particularly the song Pollito Chicken, but several of the tracks have rather grown-up themes (dating, romance, and witchcraft, for example). Even though our little girl doesn't speak Spanish yet (or English, for that matter), I couldn't feel comfortable letting her listen to this stuff. The gringo Spanish was a bit grating, as well. Perhaps another of Zanes's records would be better.
on January 7, 2010
A great CD for all ages. We started listening to this when my daughter was just a few months old - she loves to "dance" around with me. I love the fact that there are many songs in Spanish. Very upbeat tempos. We love Dan Zanes - great music.
on November 14, 2009
My kids and I love Dan Zanes, this is a great CD, only a couple of weird songs which did not make it to the iPod, but everything else is nice, great guitar playing and fun to listen to.
on July 20, 2008
I love the concept Dan Zanes has....music for the whole family to listen to together...to dance, sing, and enjoy. My son and I have enjoyed listening to all of his CD's as well as Father Goose.

If you are tired of lame kids CD's you need to listen to Dan Zanes and his friends.

Though, I can not say I agree with the politics behind the CD, the bottom line is the music is great and fun....and most importantly my 1 year old loves it.

Dan Zanes makes great kids music no matter the language or politics.

It is a great CD for the whole family.
on January 9, 2013
My Family and I love Dan Zanes choice of music makes the family dance and sing along
Item in good condition