From the Inside Flap
Unconstitutional laws are pouring out of Washington but we can stop them.
Just ask Thomas Jefferson. There is a rightful remedy” to federal power grabsit’s called Nullification.
In Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century, historian and New York Times bestselling author Thomas E. Woods, Jr. explains not only why nullification is the constitutional tool the Founders envisioned, but how it worksand has already been employed in cases ranging from upholding the First Amendment to knocking down slave laws before the Civil War. In Nullification, Woods shows:
* How the states were meant to be checks against federal tyrannyand how a growing roster of governors and state attorneys general are recognizing they need to become that again
* Why the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution reinforces the rights of states to nullify unconstitutional laws
* Why it was left to the states to uphold the simple principle that an unconstitutional law is no law at all
* Why, without nullification, ordinary Americans will continue to suffer the oppression of unjust, unconstitutional laws
* PLUS thorough documentation of how the Founding Fathers believed nullification could be applied
Nullification is not just a bookit could become a movement to restore the proper constitutional limits of the federal government. Powerful, provocative, and timely, Nullification is sure to stir debate and become a constitutional handbook for all liberty-loving Americans.
From the Back Cover
Praise for Nullification
In clear and well-documented arguments, Tom Woods gives hope to those who wish to tame the federal monster as the Framers intendedby using the utterly lawful and historically accepted principle of Nullification. You must read this book.”
The Honorable Andrew P. Napolitano, Senior Judicial Analyst, Fox News Channel
Thomas Jefferson said, Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.’ It turns out that at least two thirds of congressional spending is absent of any constitutional authority. That means that at the very least, it is going to take the vigorous use of nullification to restore the American republic. Anyone in the Tea Party movement or elsewhere who really wants to limit government ought to start with this highly readable and informative book.”
Walter E. Williams, John M. Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics, George Mason University
This book is a must read for all who respect and cherish liberty. During these times that challenge our freedoms there is no one more qualified to make U.S. history relevant to the fight against big government than Thomas Woods.”
Barry M. Goldwater, Jr., former Member of Congress