Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Showing 1-10 of 92 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on June 2, 2011
The Numark Mixtrack Pro is one impressive piece of equipment. I will go through each aspect of the controller and talk about the good and the bad.

-The layout of the Mixtrack Pro is very easy to learn and very accessable. The EQ Kills are placed in the middle of the controller, and very responsive. The effects and loop buttons are also placed conveniently on top of the controller, as well as the pitch bend and pitch knobs.

-I read a comment saying how the Mixtrack Pro is small and could fit into a backpack or laptop case. Well, unless you have a duffel bag as a backpack, it will not fit. I tried putting my Mixtrack Pro into my North Face Backpack, and it did not fit. The length of the mixer is about half a foot longer than a regular laptop of about 16 inches.

-The platters of the Mixtrack Pro are very nice and has a nice feel. Now, I thought that it would have a rubber feel or some kind of leathery feel, but when I felt the platter, it was a hard textured plastic platter. Don't get me wrong, it felt nice, but I was hoping for something a bit higher end.

-The button layout of the controller is nice, including the cue buttons for headphones and sync, cue, stutter and play/pause.

-The one thing I felt a bit iffy on is how light the system was. The plastic was a hard plastic, but I don't think that it can take that much of abuse. Also, the crossfader is extremely sensitive, as when I barely flicked the crossfader, it shifted over to the other side. I don't know if the crossfader is loose for my item or if it is normal to have it like this, but that is the one thing that I am worried about.

-Setup for the Mixtrack Pro is pretty simple. Just pop in the Virtual DJ LE installation CD they gave you, and install the program. Then, connect your Mixtrack Pro to your MAC/PC and then open up Virtual DJ LE. One thing you must understand is that you cannot use Virtual DJ LE by itself. If you try to open it up separately, it will request you to connect the Mixtrack Pro into your laptop.

Overall, its a great controller for a beginner or an intermediate DJ. In the future, I will most likely visit a music store and try out more higher end DJ equipment, whether it is a Numark Midi Controller or Technics turntables with a sturdy Pioneer Mixer.

That's about it for my review. I just got this yesterday and mixed for about two hours and it felt great. Hope this helped! I will update in the future for its performance and how well it endured.
on December 12, 2012
I used to DJ House Music about 15 years ago on vinyl, and I found myself in the position of volunteering to DJ a Xmas Party. I had 3 weeks to get equipment, learn it, and prepare a set. I needed an easy to use beginning console quickly, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The Numark Mixtrack Pro filled the bill very nicely.

The Mixtrack Pro comes with Serato Intro, which is not the easiest program on Earth to use, but it's not all that difficult either.

The sound quality was very good, and I experienced no dropouts in live mixing mode, though in offline editing mode you can freak it out if you try to do too much. But during the gig, the sound was solid with no problems whatsoever.

The Mixtrack Pro is great for learning and practicing beat matching and mixing songs in and out.

All of that said, as others have noted, if you have any experience Djing and know what you want to do, you will run up against the Mixtrack Pro's limitations quickly. You can only add 3 cue points, and you'll quickly wish you had more. The looping function is very primitive and you really can't do a whole lot with it. The EFX are extremely limited and are pretty much useless, except for the HPF. The sync function has it's own little quirks that you can work around, but it would be nice if there was some sort of automatically updating sync function. The headphone volume is pretty low, and depending on the situation, you might need to get some kind of headphone amp.

I don't know a lot about higher end consoles, and I'm guessing that some of these issues can be remedied with a full version of software, but if you are really planning on becoming a serious DJ you might want to fork a bit more money and get something a little more versatile. But for the price, and considering a very good soundcard is built into the unit, you could do a lot worse than this little unit.

I would highly recommend this unit for the beginning house or dance music DJ, who wants a reliable unit for a great price. However, if you know what you're doing, or want to do some serious scratching, you might want to spend the extra money and get something a little more versatile.
on March 9, 2012
I'm not a DJ and I'm using my controller to learn here at home. First I bought the Mixtrack + Traktor Audio 2 (a common combination), and now have replaced it with the Mixtrack Pro.

HARDWARE

The controller interfaces are identical, except that I prefer the Mixtrack's color slightly. Both are plastic crap, but seem to be holding up fine so far.

The Audio I/O in the Mixtrack Pro provides more outputs and an input. At the same time, it's cheaper than a Mixtrack + Audio 2, it's a little bit easier to set up, and easier when you want to hear other audio from your computer without unplugging anything. Obviously, I much prefer the Pro set up.

SOFTWARE

Virtual DJ: Both come with Virtual DJ LE. No difference there. The Upgrade to VDJ Pro is something like $200.

Traktor 2: Both work with Traktor 2, but the Audio 2 mixer came with Traktor 2 LE which you won't get if you go with Mixtrack Pro. I think I prefer Traktor to VDJ, and I'm not sure how else to try out Traktor. Either way, the Pro version is also around $200.

Serato DJ Intro: Only Mixtrack Pro works with DJ Intro. It comes with an install cd, but you can also download the full version for free. Serato makes top of the line digital DJ software and I'm loving it. (Again, in my very novice opinion, that's BETTER and FREE.)

CONCLUSION

Between the cheaper price point, improved AUDIO I/O, and better software options, I recommend the Mixtrack Pro over its little sibling.
on October 25, 2011
I've just recently started delving into DJing by taking some lessons. I took a few lessons on Pioneer CDJs used in clubs and more recently on the NS7, both multiple times the price of the Mixtrack Pro; yet I've found the Mixtrack Pro to meet all my practicing needs.

PROS - Here is what I love about it:

1. Price:
Hard to beat all this functionality for such a low price. For those beginners (such as myself) who are still too reluctant to invest around $1K for new DJ equipement, you no longer have an excuse.

2. Comes Ready to Use - no additional software/hardware purchases/configuration required:
Comes with Virtual DJ LE software (already configured) and has a built-in soundcard. I didn't need to buy/install new software nor new hardware. Once the software was installed, I just plugged in the USB and hooked up my speakers and headset and was able to start playing with it almost instantly.
Just note that if your speakers and headest are normal PC ones, then you'll proabably need an adapter (3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Male Y-Cable) to plug them into the controller. However, you can still plug them in anyways and get one channel out while you go and buy that adapter.

3. Feature-Rich for Beginners:
Has all the functionality you're likely to care for, at least as a beginner. I can't speak for advanced DJs as I'm not one, but this controller allows you to do everything you may care for for doing basic mixing including: music selection with a knob, beat matching (sync), cueing/stuttering, controlling position and speed via the platters, looping, basic effects, and scratching. I've taken a few lessons on the much more expensive NS7 and have yet to find a compelling reason to upgrade from my Mixtrack Pro. There is one feature however that I would have liked (mentioned in my list of cons below).

4. Compact:
I have limited space, so this is a feature that at least for me, makes it superior to some of the expensive controllers.

CONS - A few things that might be deterrants for some are:

1. Plasic:
It doesn't feel/look that great.

2. Potentially inconsistent resistance from platters:
I've noticed this when doing a basic scratch (others have reported similar issues). However, if you're mainly after doing basic mixing, then you won't care much for that.

3. Does not support easily searching through a track:
One functionality that would have been nice to have that it doesn't come with (at least not pre-configured) is the ability to search through a track (e.g. quickly go to some later point). This is one thing where I've found myself needing a mouse. Basically, while playing a given track, I like to load that same track on the second/cue deck, so I can try to quickly identify good points in it where I may want to mix in the upcoming track. To pull this off, I've needed a mouse.

Overall, while still at the beginner stage, the cons above are not that significant for me and just lower the score by 1 star. I'd definitely highly recommend this controller for any beginner DJ.
on February 12, 2013
Mixtrack Pro, is a great product for the beginner. Although, if I had know that Serato Intro doesn't let you use all the functions of the Mixtrack Pro, I would have gotten the one with Virtual DJ, instead. I have tried to register my unit on line so I could get the upgrade to full Serato, but unfortunately their website (Numark) keeps saying it's an invalid serial number (copied it right off the bottom of the unit). Now I've contacted Numark (was on the phone for almost 40 minutes, then the CSR said they were closing the cue & could I give them a call back number. Poor service on Numarks end. The Stutter button and the Manual loop buttons don't work at all with Serato Intro. All other features are great. My suggestion would be to get the Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ or get the Mixtrack Pro II...maybe they have their problems fixed? They (Numark) really need to get their CSR's some training on customer service. And fix their phone system so you don't have to push every button on your phone just to get a CSR or Live person to answer your concerns. Just an update on the Numark Mixtrack Pro...you do have to have at least Serato DJ, not the Intro version for all of the functions on the Mixtrack pro to work correctly. Since I had purchased the Akai LPD8 with the Mixtrack Pro you get a free upgrade to the Serato DJ. Now all of the functions work properly. It's either get both or pay 129.00 for the same upgrade. Now everything works just fine. I am very pleased.
on December 19, 2013
OK Here it is I purchased this in Febuary
the Mixtrack Pro dose what it says it does. it's great for a home stuido or making Mixtapes wouldn't really take it to a Gig.
the only problem I have with it is that it crashes and the Audio output is low don't know why this happens gotta ask some of my DJ Friends if they experience the same problems
on March 31, 2015
I am a beginner dj, and I am loving this numark mixtrack pro. Directions were supplied with the mixtrack, but it was easier going on Numark and or you tube to see tutorials. You will definitely need some headphones to cue music, which I'm still having problems hearing the music I'm trying to cue clearly.(may need better quality headphones) overall it is a great product for the price. It will only work with virtual dj premium download. I had purchased the download disc for 49.99 @ best buy but with the numark it wants you to purchase the $150.00 version.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2015
Dope controller - works best with MAC. I have used on Dell desktop and Laptop (older models), but often get freezes and the stutter function never worked. Just purchased a new 13.3 in MacBook Pro Retina display with the 2.7ghz processer, 8 GB ram, and 128 GB SSD. One word AWSOME! All features work and the system performs above standard!
on April 9, 2011
This Numark Mixtrack Pro is a good product if you are thinking about becoming a DJ. I'm a beginner and I've had it for a little over 3 weeks. You definitely get the feel of what it's like to be a DJ and see if it's something that you want to pursue.

Pros- Great Price
Cons- You will probably need to upgrade the Virtual DJ software that comes with it to pro (an extra $150)
on April 24, 2012
The Mixtrack Pro has a wide range of software support so it makes a perfect addition to any starting out DJ's to get their feet wet in digital scratching. You'll find yourself hooked right away and I recommend it to anyone! The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it just can't compete with some other more intelligent scratch controllers and for the price I'd like to see it come with a full set of unlocked software instead of a limited version.