Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Numark MixDeck Express Premium DJ Controller with CD and USB Playback (OLD MODEL)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2013
I love it I have been a D J for over 15 years now I have always used turn tables then started using the numark single CD players I have always wanted to step up to using the laptop so I would not have to carry all those CDs around but iam not a good computer person and was scared to try it but I decided to give this mixdeck a try I love it because if I have a problem with the laptop I still can play CDs I like that it came with the program for the laptop I have been using it and it's been easy and I feel very good with it and it has great sound and the controls are great and very smooth
on July 17, 2014
The Numark Mixdeck is a all around good product it has all the essentials of a big club gear product all in one.

...It has two decks with all control capabilities....loop, cue, tempo, key lock, key adjust, fxs ,scratch and search with jog wheels
...A 2channel mixer that also comes with built in sound card for cueing with headphones
...Plays cds or can be used with flash drives....(look up cdj beatmaching if you want to learn how to mix without laptop using these options..
....has midi output for uses with dj software ...ie Traktor, Serato, and Virtual dj...(Traktor has a custom mapping that comes with the software that maps every button to its function on screen that may be different on the deck....For example....Tap tempo is the sync button ....the stop and start knobs control filter and balance i usualy map the balance knob to control key tone.....and so on....

Great product .....i really love mine for the fact that it takes cds and the flash drives and gave me a proper way to learn how to beatmatch ....and at the same time being able to hook up to traktor where you can mix on the fly with the sync button.....

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to learn the essentials and fundamentals of djing with cds while at the same time being able to mix with a laptop and software......

its really fun to beatmach also without a laptop....me and my friends sit back an take turns going back to back beatmatching transitions from song to song .....really fun....

and it dont matter if you use the sync button ok...dont let these fartards who sit in there room all day and leave comments about how sync button ruins djs.....if your at a club,party, wedding reception, and you make people dance and have a good time your doing your job....good luck and keep spinning....
on June 16, 2012
The Numark Mixdeck express is an extremely versatile DJ controller, as it can handle CD, USB, and labtop inputs. For someone who is looking for versatility, I would highly recommend this controller. I ultimately returned this controller in exchange for a Traktor S2 due to several important flaws it has:

1. Software - Numark and Serato are like inseparable marriage partners. This product ONLY ships with Serato DJ Intro and is not compatible with VDJ 7.0.5 or Traktor unless you buy the full-out sofware versions for over $200. Serato DJ Intro itself is an extremely simplistic program that I would recommend only for amateur hobbyists. Traktor and VDJ software are both better in terms of professionalism, mixing options, and hardware streamlining.

2. Missing the Essentials - unless you personally love to beatmatch by ear, the Numark Mixdeck Express does not contain a sync button. It also does not have several other essential buttons like filters, effects, cues, and samples. In fact, it really doesn't have much. This is the major point that made me return this unit. These buttons are standard for most other controllers, but for some reason the Mixdeck Express does not have these. The Numark N4 would be a much better option for someone looking for this but again, it only ships with Serato DJ Intro.

Call Numark for questions, they are helpful. But they will not offer an explanation into the seemingly inseparable parternship with Serato. For amateur DJs with time on their hands, this might be the unit of choice. But for more serious DJs like me looking to get into the club circuts or play at major parties, I would not choose the Mixdeck Express.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Needed something to mix some music at home for parties and such and i have to say this works great as you can mix from CD's, USB and computer. Easy to use and have fun with nonstop music.
on April 27, 2013
works good but i cant hear the separation of sounds in the head phones when mixing and need to know the recommended specs of the computer needed for serato intro program also it's not working with virtual dj pro as stated
on October 10, 2012
I've been playing with this wonderfull toy and I'm not tired. The mixdeck express of numark meets al the requirements that are required by a dj beginner to a professional. I was dj for about 15 years, but my life as dj could be easiest with this electronic apparatus.
on May 28, 2016
great! mixer for beginner or experienced d.j. i mix mostly cd's, i love the numark mixdeck express controller,it has no on board effects! but i just ran my d.j.tech djm-303 mixer [that has effects built in it] and now you got effects! if you don't want to run a mixer to the mixdeck express,you can also run other effects units to the numark mixdeck express,such as the kp3 effects unit ...this story is for those that want effects in the mixdeck express! i give 5 stars to this unit..........
on April 26, 2014
I like the design but I have one problem: if I need to play CD's with it, I'm frustrated with the 'reading time' of a CD; it's takes 8 seconds to read the CD and if I want to start the CD playback it seems like it takes forever before it's ready to play. I also have Pioneer single DJ CD player mk8002 (not controller) and it takes 2 seconds to read the CD.
on October 25, 2015
I like this unit because I transferred all my CD's to an 128GB flash drive. I can now browse the usb drive on this unit and select the songs from files and folders, rather than packing books of CD's and a laptop around. Even though I still use my CD's as a backup, all I need is one flash drive to jam all night! No laptop is needed for what I need to do. Being an affordable and dependable product, this was a nice upgrade for my DJ business and makes my job so much easier. I just wish the scratch function was more user friendly and it had built in effects like phase, flanger, echo etc. Overall, still a 5 Star product because I no longer have to worry about scratched CD's or the battery charging on my Mac book ever again!
on December 13, 2015
I purchased this system with the numark case included for free. I had been eyeing it for over a year and finally pulled the trigger. I have my music on USB sticks as well as having the option to play my CD'S when I choose to. I can add a turntable or play with software if I ever choose that route. For now I'm learning it all by ear as there is no sync button and that is how I wanted it. This system is portable and gets the job done. Fun!!!