5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Published 12 months ago by Eric Duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars Fluid controller with several flaws
The Numark Mixdeck express is an extremely versatile DJ controller, as it can handle CD, USB, and labtop inputs. For someone who is looking for versatility, I would highly recommend this controller. I ultimately returned this controller in exchange for a Traktor S2 due to several important flaws it has:

1. Software - Numark and Serato are like inseparable...
Published on June 16, 2012 by Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fluid controller with several flaws, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Numark MixDeck Express Premium DJ Controller with CD and USB Playback (Electronics)

1. Software - Numark and Serato are like inseparable marriage partners. This product ONLY ships with Serato DJ Intro and is not compatible with VDJ 7.0.5 or Traktor unless you buy the full-out sofware versions for over $200. Serato DJ Intro itself is an extremely simplistic program that I would recommend only for amateur hobbyists. Traktor and VDJ software are both better in terms of professionalism, mixing options, and hardware streamlining.

2. Missing the Essentials - unless you personally love to beatmatch by ear, the Numark Mixdeck Express does not contain a sync button. It also does not have several other essential buttons like filters, effects, cues, and samples. In fact, it really doesn't have much. This is the major point that made me return this unit. These buttons are standard for most other controllers, but for some reason the Mixdeck Express does not have these. The Numark N4 would be a much better option for someone looking for this but again, it only ships with Serato DJ Intro.

Call Numark for questions, they are helpful. But they will not offer an explanation into the seemingly inseparable parternship with Serato. For amateur DJs with time on their hands, this might be the unit of choice. But for more serious DJs like me looking to get into the club circuts or play at major parties, I would not choose the Mixdeck Express.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 8, 2013
I love it I have been a D J for over 15 years now I have always used turn tables then started using the numark single CD players I have always wanted to step up to using the laptop so I would not have to carry all those CDs around but iam not a good computer person and was scared to try it but I decided to give this mixdeck a try I love it because if I have a problem with the laptop I still can play CDs I like that it came with the program for the laptop I have been using it and it's been easy and I feel very good with it and it has great sound and the controls are great and very smooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 19, 2012
Needed something to mix some music at home for parties and such and i have to say this works great as you can mix from CD's, USB and computer. Easy to use and have fun with nonstop music.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALL IN ONE, April 26, 2014
I like the design but I have one problem: if I need to play CD's with it, I'm frustrated with the 'reading time' of a CD; it's takes 8 seconds to read the CD and if I want to start the CD playback it seems like it takes forever before it's ready to play. I also have Pioneer single DJ CD player mk8002 (not controller) and it takes 2 seconds to read the CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars nicos review, April 27, 2013
works good but i cant hear the separation of sounds in the head phones when mixing and need to know the recommended specs of the computer needed for serato intro program also it's not working with virtual dj pro as stated

4.0 out of 5 stars MUY BUENO, February 15, 2013
PARA COMENZAR CREO QUE ES UN EXCELENTE PRODUCTO. MUY COMPACTO Y COMODO PARA PONER MUSICA. LAS DIFERENTES OPCIONES LO HACEN MUY VERSATIL

5.0 out of 5 stars My new mixer, October 5, 2013
Really great piece of equipment. I am already having lots of fun, would recommend to anyone who enjoys playing music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deck, April 11, 2013
This is a very powerfull deck. My husband love it and will recommend it to his friends, with a nice set of speakers and you have a house party that will be the envy in the neighborhood.
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent dj system, October 10, 2012
I've been playing with this wonderfull toy and I'm not tired. The mixdeck express of numark meets al the requirements that are required by a dj beginner to a professional. I was dj for about 15 years, but my life as dj could be easiest with this electronic apparatus.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL AROUND DJ DEVICE.....WITH OR WITHOUT LAPTOP.....NOT YOUR EVERYDAY DJ MIDI CONTROLLER..., July 17, 2014
The Numark Mixdeck is a all around good product it has all the essentials of a big club gear product all in one.

...It has two decks with all control capabilities....loop, cue, tempo, key lock, key adjust, fxs ,scratch and search with jog wheels
...A 2channel mixer that also comes with built in sound card for cueing with headphones
...Plays cds or can be used with flash drives....(look up cdj beatmaching if you want to learn how to mix without laptop using these options..
....has midi output for uses with dj software ...ie Traktor, Serato, and Virtual dj...(Traktor has a custom mapping that comes with the software that maps every button to its function on screen that may be different on the deck....For example....Tap tempo is the sync button ....the stop and start knobs control filter and balance i usualy map the balance knob to control key tone.....and so on....

Great product .....i really love mine for the fact that it takes cds and the flash drives and gave me a proper way to learn how to beatmatch ....and at the same time being able to hook up to traktor where you can mix on the fly with the sync button.....

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to learn the essentials and fundamentals of djing with cds while at the same time being able to mix with a laptop and software......

its really fun to beatmach also without a laptop....me and my friends sit back an take turns going back to back beatmatching transitions from song to song .....really fun....

and it dont matter if you use the sync button ok...dont let these fartards who sit in there room all day and leave comments about how sync button ruins djs.....if your at a club,party, wedding reception, and you make people dance and have a good time your doing your job....good luck and keep spinning....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›