5.0 out of 5 stars Win-Win for Rane and Numark!!!
Published on June 22, 2009 by Reginald S. Kendrick

2.0 out of 5 stars From great to heartbreak
I purchased my NS7 in March 2010 and in August the strip search on my unit started to malfunction. I called Numark support on 8/13/10 and sent it off. My NS7 returned to me on 9/9/2010. BUT when I open my box, I realized that my unit's platters had not been tightly secured, and had been flopping around while loosely threaded on the spindles.
While testing my...
Published on November 3, 2010 by DJ Rockit

5.0 out of 5 stars Win-Win for Rane and Numark!!!, June 22, 2009
This review is from: Numark NS7 DJ Turntable Controller with Serato ITCH Software (Electronics)
Coming from a turntable and vinyl background, I was and still am excited about this product. I purchased it and have been very content. The unit is about 35lbs. and VERY solid. I have to get use to scratching on it compared to turntables. The platter should have been made 9" but I'm taking it in stride. All crossfaders have a quality feel, no static and the scratch curves feel as good or better than my Rane TTM57sl.

My only complaint is that Numark did not future-proof this unit with effect buttons. I find the software (Serato iTch) and mixing is (CURRENTLY) a little more boring than Serato Scratchlive and my 57 mixer. Serato is supposedly working on effects and making iTch's software closer in features to Scratchlive.

I purchased the Numark case with the unit and REALLY love doing mobile gigs now. No more individual TT cases and mixer cases. No more RCA and ground wires and at least 15 minutes less setup time. I'm saving close to 70 lbs. in travel weight too. One bit of advice is to be wary of using PCs with this unit. I have a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.66Ghz but struggled making a Core2-Duo 2.2Ghz 4GB ram PC work "glitch-free" with the NS7 and iTch. It had quirky behavior while tracks were playing, random stops and various audio dropouts. Many PCs will (by default) have IRQ sharing which can hose up USB connectivity (the main source of NS7 communication to your laptop) if there are conflicts.

In troubleshooting, I had to insure bluetooth, anti-virus, firewalls, NIC cards, screen savers, wireless Network cards, on-board video and all sorts of services were disabled on the PC (a TOTAL administrative nightmare!) and still ended up having to run the latency at 5ms or greater for decent performance. My mic had major echo delay with this setting so enough was enough.

I purchased the MBPro and have not had a SINGLE glitch since. My latency is at 1ms AND I can run apps in the background while DJ'ing without problems. I highly recommend the NS7 (with adequately powered MAC) for any mobile DJ.

2.0 out of 5 stars From great to heartbreak, November 3, 2010
While testing my returned unit, I noticed that, A: My platters now wobbled, did not feel the same, and my left deck made a squeaking noise when back spinning quickly. AND, B: The original problem with the strip search had not been repaired. So....
I called Numark and got a new Return Authorization and a promise from a manager that it would be back to me quickly, and that it would be tested before leaving this time.
It's now been almost 12 weeks since I originally sent off my unit and I'm losing patience. I can tell the phone techs are growing impatient too (its getting harder to get them on the phone). I've been told that my unit is repaired and it's in testing. Maybe I'm over reacting but it has been "in testing" at the factory for over 3 weeks. Now I'm wondering if my unit will be the same, and if not, what will happen then?
Probably more of the Numark service department telling me what I want to hear, and blowing me off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!, November 18, 2010
Bobby Brewer (SEARCY, AR, US) - See all my reviews
I am club and small venue DJ. This piece of equipment is hands down the best! Easy to use, tight, accurate and has great features. I would recommend this piece of equipment to any one whether club DJ or casual. Only flaws would be My NS7 did not like MS Windows to well. However, i think the problem is a Windows thing, not a NS7 thing. I use it with my MacBook now and its flawless. Some of my favorite features would be first, the Construction! Its all metal with a real sturdy feel. I'm not a fan of the cheap plastic feel such as the pioneers. I also love the "real" turntable features......its has real vinyl, slipmats and spinning platters. Buy Buy Buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars In Heaven with the NS7, February 1, 2010
I too have always been a vinyl Dj and I must say ...Once I've gotten all the setup issues out of the way, I got a great piece of equipment that is accurate as heck. I'm still in transition from another program but, I find with practice, I'm learning quickly. My son also wants to jump on board and learn how to 'spin'. I'd rather teach my son on this durable piece of hardware instead of showing him on actual vinyl ...much less to break. Serato ITCH software takes getting used to, if you're a newby to the Serato initiative but otherwise, a great software tool for getting the party done. The sound quality is beyond any laptop setup for these purposes ..that I've heard. Overall, a great buy that I price matched at Guitar Center. (Yes...Guitar Center price matches Amazon).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, October 27, 2009
ALL I CAN SAY IS "WOW" (GREAT PRODUCT). PRIOR TO THE NS7 I HAD THE DN-HS5500 WHICH WAS COOL BUT THE NS7 BLOWS IT OUT OF PLANET AND IN MY OPNION BLOWS AWAY THE DNS-3700 ALSO. I WAS A LITTLE SKEPTICAL ABOUT SERATO ITCH BUT AFTER USING IT (TOOK ME A MINUTE TO GET USED TO IT) I HIGHLY DOUBT I WILL BE GOING BACK TO VDJ) MAYBE EXCEPT FOR VIDEOS.LIKE THE OTHER REVIEWER SAID I GUESS A (MAC COMPUTER) WILL BE THE WAY TO GO I USED A PC WITH XP AND IT WORKED PRETTY WELL (PC-VISTA FROZE A COUPLE OF TIMES FOR LIKE 2 - 5 SECS AND CONTINUED WORKING BUT YOU DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN WILL DJING LIVE). ALSO THE SYNC BUTTON WILL NOT BEAT MATCH FOR YOU LIKE ON VDJ IT WILL MATCH THE TEMPOS SO YOU BASICALLY BEAT-MATCH MANUALLY JUST WANTED TO POINT THAT OUT FOR PEOPLE SHO NEED THE SYNC BUTTON TO BEAT MATCH FOR THEM. ALL IN ALL A GREAT PRODUCT IN MY OPNION. THANKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Combination for dj's ever!!!!, September 25, 2010
Dale Julien (Trinidad&Tobago.WI) - See all my reviews
When last have u all spent your money on a product and never regret it?That usually doesn't happen often..But i can tell u guys that this beast is worth every cent.I am a wanna be dj and this unit totally transformed me and gave me all the confidence in the world.I can't wait to take on the task of going out into the dj world and start entertaining people...What I love about this product from numark and serato is dat it brings back the original feel of real vinyls.I think it's the closest u can get to playing with real vinyls and experiencing the tru feel....Am from the Caribbean and we listen to mostly soca,dancehall,reggae and back in times music...And i must say this player is the ideal mixer to bring out the sweetness in your sound...After I unbox it yesterday i hooked it up to the Bose 3-2-1 and trust me when u hear the sound coming out from it u won't even consider or think about buying studio monitors for this unit..Hats off to numark and serato for joining forces and developing this masterpiece in steel clothing..If u look at the reviews u will truly see only 5 stars for this product..If anyone dears to give it less that 4 starts trust me they r not a dj or don't have the natural ability of being 1....Amazing product keep up the good work..Numark/Serato.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardware Great!, Software, Lacking., December 5, 2009
This is the best DJ controller on the market, the BEST hands down. A must have for any dj -New or veteran. But the software (ITCH) is lacking, I would go with VDJ or Numark CUE 6. You'll see. There is just too much problems and Itch doesn't perform as well as VDJ or CUE. I have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with VDJ or CUE, but many with ITCH. Latencey and memory hog issues. It's not the controller every one! ITCH is just not what it was cracked up to be. So if you get this software, then prepare to chell out about 300 more dollars for VDJ/Numark CUE 6.

My set up:
Sony Viao :VGN-NW150j
Vista Premuim 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.10 GHz
4.00 GB of Ram
350 GB HDD plus another 500 on an Toshiba External
KORG NANOPAD- (MIDI MAP the effects instead of paying 300 more dollars for a NSFX controller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 2, 2010
So much fun. My old computer with vista home premium 32 bit worked great with it beside the fact that I had a slow processor. I got a new laptop with an i5 processor, but made the mistake of getting 64 bit Windows 7. Still waiting on a final version of the drive hardware so I can use my faster laptop with the ns7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Equipment, March 7, 2011
First I bought the NUMARK RADIUS 2000, but it did not have everything
I was looking for. The Numark NS7/FX is a wonderful. It has motorized job wheels
and easy to use and has XLR, RCA USB outputs. It is easy to work with and the
easy to find the buttons under low light. Make sure you buy a case for it since
it is heavy(45 pounds) and not easy to move without the case.
I am very satisfied with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, December 25, 2010
NS7 features are amazing, the feel of the tables are very professional,

pro's
-strip search
-buttons and design
-software runs amazing on my macbook pro
-being a controller in general, (no cords, cd;s vynl, hard drives, etc.
con's
-the NS7 FX system has many flaws... lags, not all effects categories work.

recommendations
-wait till numark makes a controller like this one, with more inputs, and hopefully a 4 channel mixer.

overall my experience so far is awesome, easy to move around,

Rate and Discover Movies