Numark iDEC
Price:$180.95 + Free shipping

on December 3, 2010
I have several audio racks as I do commercial audio for events in our area. I use Ipod Nano's as they have crossfade capability and I no longer have to hover over the board trying to crossfade music or use my notebook, etc. The Ipod Nano works great as I establish a playlist for a venue and then let it run. The problem is I'm often trying to find a good location for the Ipod to be connected into the system without knocking it around or worrying about the connections. (Also charging some Ipods, like the Nano while doing playback is a bit of a challenge due to the close proximity of the connectors, etc.) The IDEC solves all the problems. It takes up 2 rack spaces in a rack, you need to install the correct insert for the Ipod you'll be using and then insert the Ipod...you're good! You can use the large jog wheel like you would on the face of the Ipod, it's being charged, it's in a protected place on the rack itself which won't get knocked around, iand the backlight can remain on without worry of the battery running down, and you have large controls you can readily control vs trying to deal with the smaller buttons on the Ipod itself. I purchased one which I have at home and found it was very convenient, so I obtained one for my large location rack, and then another for a smaller rack. I can't say it's entirely worth the money if you're using Ipods only occasionally in a rack for one or two venues a month, etc. or you really don't run the system for ongoing hours of playback. If, however, you have a rack at home and you tend to use the Ipod a great deal and don't need a remote, it's great. If you have a system at an event where you're continually running playback audio or worried you're going to run out of juice before you can charge up the Ipod, it's great as it brings stability to the system. As far as recording, however, I haven't really tried it, although it's probably fine, I've just not done it as more often I just use it for playback. It's a well built unit and a great interface for your system.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on August 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
I GOT ONE OF THESE ITS GREAT,IAM GOING TO GET A COUPLE MORE. NUMARK NAME SAYS IT ALL.THE BEST PRODUCT TO COME OUT FOR THE RACK THIS YEAR JUST PUT YOUR PHONE IN IT AND ROLL.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again