Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on May 13, 2013
I picked up the IDJ3 a few months back to learn to DJ from a more traditional system. As a producer (Senator Jaiz) who sometimes performs I was using Ableton Live with my APC 20. After the Deadmau5 piece in Rolling Stone where he said we all just press buttons, I decided I needed to step into the true arena of DJ'ing and this seemed like a great budget option to do just that.

And learn I did. Once you get past the somewhat unresponsive pitch controls, this is a solid setup to learn and perform on. I have learned to rely on the sync button to match tempo rather than the sliders due to this quirk. However I try to not use the sync to beatmatch. I do sometimes, but I am getting better at doing it by ear. Add the functions of VirtualDJ that are available through using the mouse and you get some surprising power out of a kit this cheap. Adding the functionality of the iPod is a big bonus. Many people don't get the power of the iPod/pad/phone input and think it is just a player, so let me talk about that a bit.

At first I would use the iPod to mix in a song I did not have that may have been requested. I like that I could either use my iTunes account on the spot, or if I needed to just have a playlist going while I was not performing I could use a pre-downloaded set list or even just run Pandora for a few minutes. (keeping track of all plays for royalties when necessary for the record)

But things have become even more powerful with the release of Traktor for iPhone and iPad. Now the IDJ3 can be a 4 deck system. As a matter of fact, I find myself using Traktor as my main decks while switching to IDj3 for tempo changes, effects (through the software), and scratching. The power of the system with an iPad,iPhone, or iPod touch running Traktor is amazing. (Search the web for Traktor for iPhone and iPad and check out the vids!)

In addition to this I run everything through an external mixer that also has channel for Ableton Live and my Kaosilator which I use to add effects an transitions for tougher changes in the set. I am still practicing, but my setup is pretty solid. IDJ3 without the addition of Traktor is a good learning and basic performance system. With Traktor, it is out of this world! Pus, Traktor for iPhone is around $5, while Traktor for iPad is under $20. That is a steal. The only difference is screen real estate. the guts work the same.

For the record, there are many DJ apps for the Apple products that will expand the functionality of the IDJ3, but Traktor has taken the game to a new level. It is that good.
on April 16, 2012
I like the Numark iDJ3. Its simpler and works great as a turntable and mixer replacement for weddings. Its really simple to use, but I wish the control pads were larger. Its hard to go back from a 12" surface to a 7"
on July 20, 2013
The cost worth the benefits. It's a simple one, and perfect for beginners. You can make perfect sound with it!!
on February 2, 2013
Bought this to mix some dubstep, trap, and even ambient music, together. it gets the job done and I've had a lot of fun doing it. I never use the iPod feature so I wish I went with the Numark Mixtrack instead of this one, but it's too late now. Mixing is easy and fun, it just takes time to learn and practice Virtual DJ and all it has to offer.

Some things I don't like about the product is the cue function only seems to set cues and I have to click on the hot cue in virtual DJ to get the music to start playing. The BPM fader doesn't work very well either. You pretty much have to sync all the songs automatically.

Both the slider and volume faders work great. The volume fader is stiffer than the slider, which is nice.

Overall, good product, lots of fun, but I wish I went with the Numark Mixtrack so I could play with the hot cues better. I don't even use the iPod feature, because all it can't do anything more than fade the iPod song in and out. No syncing or other effects can be done.
on July 3, 2013
I believe in having a contingency plan in the event my main dj controller takes a nose dive while I'm on the road. I gave Numark the benefit of the doubt with their iDJ3 used as a replacement to their predecessor the iDJ2 (now stolen). Bad move. I have a gaming PC, i7 processor, 8GB of RAM Windows 7, 64 bit.
Numark's software had issues with this OS, despite all updates installed from their website. Don't even think about calling their support line, I left a voice mail after several "we are experiencing a high volume of calls, please leave your contact info" blah blah blah.... They never called back. So if you're even contemplating purchasing ANY Numark controller..beware you're on your own.

The upside: Purchashing via Amazon.com. I returned the lemon within the week, no questions asked, full refund. Thank you Amazon. Numark....pathetic.
on March 28, 2013
If your looking for a decent DJ controller under $200 this is the best buy on the market right now.(It was $399 brand new) It comes with a $125 built in sound card plus basic dj features. It's great for small parties.. you cant go wrong with this, it's very light but built well.
on April 18, 2014
The left deck of this thing was not responding. Didn't get much help from customer service either. And this device is now probably obsolete since most iPhones don't support it
on November 7, 2014
Good product that does exactly what they claim it does. Hooked it up to a home theater surround sound speaker system and KAPOW!!!! Dance baby DANCE!!!
on August 19, 2012
Picked this up as my last controller was not compatible for windows 7. I got it incredibly quick from the seller, and was pretty much new in box still. Downside: It took near 2 days for me to get it to function properly, I downloaded the latest drivers from numark's website etc, and it still would not install properly. To get it to work I had to reset the unit and find a program online to reprogram the midi capabilities of the controller.

Since then though, the controller is working flawlessly. The jog wheels are very sensitive and responsive, it is mapped out perfectly with Virtual DJ. I can't speak on the LE version as I already have the pro version myself.

Overall though, outside of the software issues, very happy with the purchase and would recommend the product to others.
on February 25, 2013
This NUMARK iDJ3 mixer is a simple answer to a great need. This item is ideal for DJ's who have to travel to multiple type venues and have to provide musical entertainment for different platforms. After downloading the software, you simply plug the USB cord in and you're ready to enjoy. I've used the record button and it allows you to to save your practice runs as well as your live shows. This items is fully functional with all of your main mixing needs within reach, including knobs for your Hi's, Mid's and Low's, and each has it's own cut-off switch and collectively there is a single switch to turn off all three with one press. I recommend purchasing a laptop stand, as this is a primary need to allow ease of functionality.