5.0 out of 5 stars Solid compilation
Published on August 10, 2007 by Vincent Kunshiwa

1.0 out of 5 stars OH GOOD GRIEF!!NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!
WARNING: This review is not related to the classic music contained within or the mastering quality of the digital media. It was simply intended as my calling attention to the repetitive nature of reissuing and the fact many classic original albums,especially in the case of Motown,are often un-issued to make room for collections of songs that can be heard on any American...
Published on April 16, 2007 by Andre S. Grindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid compilation, August 10, 2007
Vincent Kunshiwa (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
While I'm sure a lot of us are tired of the sheer number of compilations out there, this is nonetheless a very solid one. For anyone who just wants to pick up a lot of Marvin Gaye's best songs in a single compilation, this is great. The song selection is very wonderful, the recordings come across as very smooth and clear, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you're interested in something different, like the evolution of the artist, more obscure tunes, or just a genuine album released when Marvin Gaye was still alive, this is not it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvin's greatest single disc collection, September 13, 2007
This is definitely the compilation I would recommend to newcomers. It's a great way to introduce yourself to some of the very best songs that Marvin Gaye recorded in the 60's and 70's. No filler. Listen and become a fan for life. It's wonderful even for an already converted fan as myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, January 25, 2009
if you have to have one Marvin Gaye Compilation then this is the one to get. it has all of his hits and the sound is great.the Genius of Marvin Gaye was his ability to create timeless music and a voice that touches souls. He was one of a kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, May 11, 2009
This review is from: Number 1's (MP3 Music)
There's no voice quite like that of Marvin Gaye and this is a great collection of his number one hits and seventeen songs on a single album is a pretty good deal. The sound on all of the songs is very good on the mp3 version which I purchased. I load them onto my iPod and either listen to them with earphones or connect the iPod to my stereo receiver with a cable like this Cables To Go - 03180 - 6ft 3.5mm Stereo Male to RCA Male Y-Cable so I can listen to it over the speakers.

These songs each bring back memories of the times that they were popular and they all stir the soul. This man's music is just as relevant today as it was back then. I love listening to it. I'm glad I added it to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greats!, July 14, 2014
Isaac Brown (RENTON, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Number 1's (MP3 Music)
Marvin Gaye's #1 hits! Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this CD, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Number 1's (MP3 Music)
If you like Motown you will love this CD....it will bring back all the memories for you! It will make your heart happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvin Gaye, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Number 1's (Audio CD)
I love Marvin Gaye and this album has all of his greatest hits. Marvin's voice is so smooth. What more could you ask for!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but the best, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Number 1's (Audio CD)
Not only was I happy to find the compilation, it also really cool that the MP3 version was immediately downloadable and included in the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Man!!!!!!!!!!, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Number 1's (MP3 Music)
Love every thing he has ever done. A man with class in his music tell the end. Well missed, I tell you.

5.0 out of 5 stars what?, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Number 1's (MP3 Music)
this mans a legend......you want more words, well here you go. i like eggs, bacon, toast, and ham salad. oh and juice it taste good

Number 1's