Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 18, 2007
"Very good for the target audience" - I think this sums it all. If you are someone who has not done active maths for some time now, and therefore does not remember the concepts involved very well, this is the book for you. This I will say holds true for most of the books of the Manhattan Quant series.
The Manhattan Quant series books cover the concepts only to the degree that gets asked in the GMAT, and do not overwhelm you.
Plus, as each of the Manhattan books then turns to the Official Guide for practice, each of the books has a section where the appropriate questions for that topic are numbered from the OG. They also detail the toughest of the lot from OG. Here I think the book is useful for anyone, irrespective of the personal comfort level with maths.
Therefore if you are true to yourself and practice the questions marked from OG as you go along, this would prove to an excellent resource for cracking the quant part of the GMAT.
on January 5, 2009
The Manhattan GMAT quantitative guides are great for reviewing or just flat out learning the quant concepts tested on the GMAT. Don't let the thinness of the books fool you; they efficiently pack in alot of material and do not pad the books with lots of practice questions created by them. It's far better to work off of Official Guide questions, and each Manhattan GMAT guide has a handy list of all OG questions subdivided into Problem Solving & Data Sufficiency, and further subdivided according to the concept tested. There is an additional problem set of the most challenging OG questions spanning all concepts. I am decent, but rusty at math, and after using a couple of the Manhattan GMAT quant guides, was able to improve my quant score from high 40s on practice tests to 51 on the real thing! I can't recommend these books enough.
on May 31, 2014
The content of this guide was very helpful to me in preparing for the GMAT, but I was even more impressed with Manhattan's level of customer service. I learned that purchase of this guide includes a 6 month access to their online CAT tests and Number Properties question bank. I did not know how to access that material online, but I was able to call and speak with someone on a Saturday morning, who told me what I needed to do. I forwarded them my amazon receipt and they granted my account access within minutes.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2013
This was the last book that I read from the Manhattan series in my prep for the GMAT and it was as solid as the other math books. I think the math sections were more valuable than the verbal sections and the Manhattan system and I feel this book keeps up the trend. There are a few "a-ha" moments in this book that really explain the number properties well. I would recommend this specific book and this whole series to anyone preparing for the GMAT.
on September 15, 2008
I have bought all the MGMAT strategy guides and plan to write a review as I finish them. I have completed Number properties guide and I have found it very useful. Before starting with MGMAT I had completed Priceton Review Cracking the GMAT and Kaplan Comprehensive GMAT. I would say that the above 2 books use concepts straight out of college textbooks. However MGMAT explains these concepts as tested by GMAT. It gives more concepts per topic instead of cramming up everything under 1 book. Every page worth reading specially about prime, consecutive numbers and average.

Some people find it pricey but I would question if they cannot but these books for $18, how can they afford their MBA ?
on July 12, 2013
Is very informative and has helped me remember things I have forgotten. I would recommend this product to everyone taking the GMAT!
on July 27, 2013
Definitely helps in gaining better understanding of Number Properties. This is one of the main areas targeted on the GMAT.
on August 20, 2014
Easy to follow. Wish it had more practice questions and not just refer to the OG. Nonetheless, it was a good review!
on October 30, 2008
After using the Manhattan GMAT prep books and having looked at EVERY other book on the market, I'm convinced that this is the best set! Over half of their students get a 680 or higher. I got 710!!!!!
on October 22, 2009
This and all the other Manhattan GMAT guides were really helpful in helping me prep for the GMAT. My colleagues had recommended them over other guides and I continue to do the same after getting the score I needed on my first try.