Customer Discussions > Number the Stars forum

Number the Stars movie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2010 5:40:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2010 5:43:05 PM PDT
belleferret says:
Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings, Rudy, The Goonies) and his wife wrote a movie script and hope to start shooting in Denmark this fall. Sounds like it would be a wonderful movie if done sensitively.

http://numberthestarsmovie.com

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 12:19:42 PM PST
Diane says:
Wow! It's about time someone has turned that book into a movie.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 9:06:45 PM PDT
norma duarte says:
Miracle at Midnight is very good; however, the suicide by hanging takes it out of the 4th grade classroom. Lois Lowry proves her genius as an author in her novel, Number the Stars, now a move to equal it is very need it. Classrooms across the country are teaching this novel, so there are just as many teachers wishing for its partner move to be made. I believe there is a very comfortable market for this movie, so I don't know why someone has not picked it up.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 9:07:43 PM PDT
norma duarte says:
Miracle at Midnight is very good; however, the suicide by hanging takes it out of the 4th grade classroom. Lois Lowry proves her genius as an author in her novel, Number the Stars, now a move to equal it is very needed. Classrooms across the country are teaching this novel, so there are just as many teachers wishing for its partner move to be made. I believe there is a very comfortable market for this movie, so I don't know why someone has not picked it up.

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:58:16 AM PDT
Good movie, but the suicide scene was a surprise. I guess that's what I get for not previewing it prior to showing my 5th graders!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:53:00 PM PDT
Brooke says:
I agree..so a good one to show instead of Miracle at midnight is Miracle at Moreux. it is a good one and age appropriate

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2014 2:57:40 PM PST
JR Corry says:
Soo, where's the movie for Number the Stars??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2014 12:31:18 PM PST
belleferret says:
The project is on the back burner, but Sean Astin still hopes to have it made some day.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2014 11:21:44 PM PST
JR Corry says:
Thanks, I hope so!

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 12:51:55 PM PST
belleferret says:
Update on Number the Stars: Sean Astin has begun fundraising on Slated.com for the movie. http://www.slated.com/films/49134/

He has a number of crew on board, including Academy Award winning director William Goldenberg (Argo, also nominated for Zero Dark Thirty, Seabiscuit and The Insider).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Number the Stars forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Number the Stars (Yearling Newbery)
Number the Stars (Yearling Newbery) by Lois Lowry (Paperback - 1990)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,568)