Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now HTL

Flavor: Petite BouquetSize: 4 CountChange
Price:$6.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 29, 2006
I've waited a long time to get this set as it was very expensive when it first came out. It was well worth the wait, actually would've been well worth the cash had I spent it earlier. Amazon has a really low price on this.

The clear glass teapot holds about 16oz when full. Each tea flower will make 3 pots. The 3rd pot of tea is as good as the first, the 4th is weak.

The tea itself is excellent. Some of the best I've tasted and I'm very particular about the tea I drink. I've been enjoying the variety that came with the pot - haven't found one I've disliked yet and it is fun trying them all.

Since you will get about 6 cups of tea with each tea flower - they are all beautiful, I put the teapot on the table while the tea steeps so every can enjoy it. You will want to drink this with family or friends.

The whole set comes packaged nicely in a bamboo box that looks handmade. The box is pretty enough to be re-used for something else. The variety of tea is in a smaller bamboo box.

If you are looking for Christmas gifts, this would be an awesome one.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2006
This is a wonderful item! I bought it when I first heard about flowering tea. It's a great starter kit because it comes with 9 different kinds of tea--all of which are beautiful to watch and delicious to drink. Now that I bought this set, I know which ones are my favorites.

I made my first pot of flowering tea when I was having a very bad day, and the simple act of brewing this tea and admiring the beautiful shapes and colors made me feel so much better. It sort of turns a normal pot of tea into an event!

I plan to buy this again to give as a gift. I love it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2006
I got this set a few weeks ago, and have tried most of the teas that came with it.

The teapot itself is somewhat fragile (especially if you are used to Beehouse brand), but is well worth the extra care. After the novelty of flowering tea wears out, you will still be able to amaze your guests with the beautiful sight of tea leaves unfolding into a gorgeous flower.

This is not your every day after-work-relaxing experience for several reasons. Cost, for one. The flavor of the tea itself is also not what you are used to. If you are a serious tea gourmand, you might be put off by the exotic experience, and you might have a better teapot for your cherished first flush darjeeling (or silver needle, for that matter): the glass looses heat very rapidly, and the strainer that comes with the teapot is a joke at best.

For what it is, however, this is an excellent addition to any kitchen (an especially good gift for a tea lover who has everything). I ended up buying Bodum glass teacups to match this teapot, and using it more for decorative purposes.
VINE VOICEon January 10, 2007
I had no idea what to expect when I purchased this item. I was looking for a nice tea pot and strainer combo. I figured I'd give it a shot for the price. I was in for a surprise. What a joy to the eye, soul, and palate.

Now, if you are looking for a large, sturdy tea pot - keep looking. This is a very delicate, small, 16 oz pot. I didn't get a strainer. No big deal. I don't need another one. What I did get for this tiny price is the most remarkable visual and sensory experience that lifts my soul after a long, hard, stressful day at work. From the moment I opened the Amazon box and saw the lovely bamboo box, I was sold. Then when I opened the box and found the tea in a mini bamboo box, I was very pleased. How beautiful is this presentation!

When the tea blooms in the pot, it is a beautiful site to see. The small tea pot then makes sense. The size and rounded body are the perfect showcase for this unusual product. Besides, it is the perfect fit for my large glass latte cup. I've had no problem pouring the tea, and my lid fits perfectly. It is delicate, so I am extra careful.

I've had no problem with the tea blooming using boiling water. I temper it with a metal spoon as a pour it into the pot. I don't want to chance cracking the tea pot. The tea tastes delicate and delicious. I get 3 pots from each bloom. I like my tea strong, so I brew it longer than recommended, but it never gets bitter. The second pot tastes best to me, but the 3rd pot is still excellent. And the colors of the brewed tea are beautiful also. They seems to glimmer with multiple hues. Don't ask me how or why.

I will be reordering this tea! You can't put a price on the relaxation I get from this experience. As a matter of fact, I'll be ordering a second gift set for myself - my boyfriend and I are fighting over who gets to keep the bamboo box! Besides, if this pot breaks, I want a back up.
on February 4, 2007
Perceptions about this innovative box of flowering teas and accompanying teapot range from "Buyer Beware" to "Gift of the Year." Here's my take:

The Good: 9 tea selections that are unique in bloom, taste and fragrance. Each bloom yields 3 pots of tea. Lidded Glass teapot to view the spectacular blooming. 2 attractive, reusable and sustainable bamboo boxes (1 containing the individually wrapped flowers and a larger containing the whole kit and caboodle. Amazon's price, which at wholesale is a steal for this type of handmade, artisan product. And the sensory experience itself is priceless (though many a tea salon now have put a price on it).

The Bad: All selections do not quite yield 3 pots, and speaking of the pot, yes you may want to invest in a back-up.

For the price, I haven't seen a better gift. The nay sayers are looking for a product that would have to retail at twice the full retail value of this set. And you don't like the flavors? Isn't that a matter of personal taste? It certainly isn't a reflection of the tea quality, which is very good. To add to your experience, enjoy with friends and afterwards flip through The Tea Box by Gilles Brochard.
on December 15, 2010
I was very excited to receive this item and was planning to gift it to a tea lover. However, the bamboo box was filthy - the sides and bottom were coated in dried mud. The inside box containing the tea was also dirty. I was worried the quality of the tea would also be poor and did not want to give someone a dirty present. And then I realized this gift cannot be returned! What a waste of money.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
I received this as a "just because" gift from my niece a few weeks ago. I have been suffering a lot of disappointments recently, and she was hoping to cheer me up. I was excited when it arrived, but the little glass pot had a crack just below the handle. So I was afraid to fill it with boiling water. Just another disappointment. The pot is made out of incredibly delicate glass. It did not surprise me that it arrived cracked. I packaged the pot, and box of tea balls, back up in the special box it came in, and then back into the cardboard shipping box. I let my niece know about the problem. She contacted Amazon about returning it, and was informed that the item could not be returned (even though it arrived damaged) because it was a "grocery department" item..... and there are no returns on grocery department items. So BEWARE, this is a very delicate pot, likely to break after few uses if it doesn't arrive cracked or broken to begin with.... AND YOU CAN NOT RETURN IT! No where in the item description was this little fact mentioned. They listed it as "frustration free" packaging... but it is definitely not a frustration free purchase. I will be very wary in the future of any purchase from the "grocery department". Wish I could give this item, and Amazons return policy, a ZERO star rating.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
It took close to one month for this tea to arrive; I actually was losing hope to ever see it. I ordered it to be enjoyed in a group of friends who are not tea drinkers; I have used flowering teas a number of times before for friendly gatherings - an open flower in a glass jar of aromatic tea adds a unique touch. Also, i myself am a tea-drinker and can tell a good tea from a bad one. What was supposed to be magic moment never happened: the flowers lost a bunch of petals and never fully opened, and when they did, only one out of four teas had an actual flower in it (that lost half of petals and looked pathetic), and the other 3 were looking more like scary creatures from the bottom of the sea - bulky green leaves tied together. Desperate, I tried all 4, hoping that at least 1 would not disappoint - in vain, all lost leaves, all failed to open fully, all looked ugly. Finally, the taste was plain bad - no flavor, no strength, barely any aroma, wrong color - all wrong. The biggest disappointment is that I trusted Numi brand, from my past experience. The only possible explanation I could find is that perhaps, these teas were way past their due date; or could they be counterfeit altogether? My advice: buy some other flowering teas.
on December 28, 2008
I received this set as a gift, and I am pleased with the whole package; the teapot works beautifully for me, and it's designed with a simple elegance; the box of assorted teas has a little visual menu/description of selections folded up in the box so you know what you are drinking; the process is lovely for all of the senses; the teas smell of flowers and taste light, delicious and complex.

I would certainly recommend this as a gift.
review image review image
on December 22, 2006
Got this for myself since I do usually enjoy Numi tea bags.

Howerver, I would NEVER consider giving this to any one as a gift!

The box itself is very flimsy, the tea pot is a joke! There was no strainer included, the lid of the pot, does not even fit on the pot! It's very dangerous to pour hot tea when the lid does not want to sit on the pot! Yes, it was cool to see the flowers unfold, but it ends there.

The color & the flavor is just not as impressive as what I had expected.

I wanted to return the item, but LATER found out that as a "grocery" item, it is NOT returnable! I wish that had been noted on the item page or before I checked out!!! I do not recommend this item at all!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse